Body of Russian expat, kidnapped in Phuket, believed found

Lite Beer

Body of Russian expat, kidnapped in Phuket, believed found

1_20143291614423_rfNIHiYGCsiwSEbqvlejGnA

Provincial Police Commander Ong-art Phiwruangnont confirmed that officers had found the body of a foreign male they believe to be that of Alexey Slabinskiy. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: Police have found a body they believe is that of missing Russian expat Alexey Slabinskiy, first reported as suspected of being kidnapped three weeks ago.

“We learned that the suspects – Russians Oleksandr Boychuk, 44, and Aleksandr Novichkov, 58 – had rented a house in Soi Koktanode in Cherng Talay,” Provincial Police Commander Ong-art Phiwruangnont told the Phuket Gazette this afternoon.

“We dispatched 40 officers and specially trained police sniffer dogs brought in from Nakhon Sri Thammarat to search the area. At 1pm today I received a report that the body of a foreign male was found at a lagoon near the suspects’ rented house.

“We believe the body is that of Mr Salbinskiy as the sniffer dogs found the remains while searching the area using the scent from Mr Salbinskiy’s belongings.”

The discovery follows Mr Slabinskiy’s sister, Tatiana Novoselova, and her husband Sergei Luklanov offering half a million baht for information leading to the arrest of Mr Boychuk and Mr Novichkov.

An additional 100,000 baht was offered to whoever found her brother.

Mr Slabinskiy disappeared with his girlfriend, Iana Strizheus, on March 7 (story here). The couple had called relatives in Russia that day to tell them that they had been kidnapped and needed money.

Ms Strizheus was later discovered injured in a hotel room (story here). Four days later, Mr Slabinskiy’s phone was used in Chalong, but he was nowhere to be found.

The manhunt for suspects Mr Boychuk and Mr Novichkov continues, Maj Gen Ong-art assured.

— Kritsada Mueanhawong -

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Body-Russian-expat-kidnapped-Phuket-believed-found/27996#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-03-29

• Like 1

Corpse found believed to be of kidnapped Russian

PHUKET: Police have discovered a corpse in Cherng Talay and they believe it is that of the Russian business man who was kidnapped recently.
Eakkapop Thongtub

1396085695_1.jpg

The scene this afternoon where the corpse was discovered.

Phuket investigators, together with Kamala police and border patrol police (from Nakhon Si Thamarat) had been searching the area of Kok Tanode, soi 3 in Cherng Taley for three days, before finally discovering the corspe, which fits the descrption of Mr Alexy Slabinsky, 39.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/corpse-found-believed-to-be-of-kidnapped-russian-45426.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-03-29

• Like 1

So you're in your own country and owe money to a couple of loan sharks who are now living in a country far away so out of all the destinations in the world you could visit you decide to take your girlfriend on holiday to the exact same place where the mobsters are? blink.png

TV detectives wrong again. The consensus was that they were trying to extort money from their own family. Seems like that train of thought was way off. I guess it shows that some are better to keep their opinions to themselves in situations like this. What is that saying?? "Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and leave no doubt". I know that is not the proper saying but a bit of literary license used.

No, that was not the consensus, I don't think there can even be any kind of consensus here on TV.

It seemed there were 2 options: 1. they're trying to extort their families back home, or 2. they pissed of the wrong people who now want their money back. Looks like it was option 2.

Sorry to have to write 'I told you so'

My earlier post opined that once the ransom demands ended the poor Russian man was probably killed by his captors and they then fled the Kingdom until the sad happenings become yesterday's news

I am still quizzical about the Russian lady's part in the abduction

Why was she not abducted too unless she was left behind in order to negotiate with her family to meet the ransom demands

(Endeavour Morse)

TV detectives wrong again. The consensus was that they were trying to extort money from their own family. Seems like that train of thought was way off. I guess it shows that some are better to keep their opinions to themselves in situations like this. What is that saying?? "Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and leave no doubt". I know that is not the proper saying but a bit of literary license used.

Yourself included? whistling.gif

Despite the common belief that the Russians who visit Thailand are nice people, the truth is that a significant proportion are connected to criminal gangs back in Russia.

Thailand needs to think long and hard before letting these people into the country or they will end up in the middle of gang warfare. The Thai gangs I really cant see as being a match for their Russian equivalent.

• Like 1

So you're in your own country and owe money to a couple of loan sharks who are now living in a country far away so out of all the destinations in the world you could visit you decide to take your girlfriend on holiday to the exact same place where the mobsters are? blink.png

Are you familiar with the story?

The dead man and his GF had been living in TH already since many month - August last year! The two killers, had been flown in from Russia/Ukrain to get the money back!

Cannot compare that with your posting. blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO