Farang Beggar Still At It In Bangkok...

Noel

does anybody know anything about this guy,other than that hes seen around begging alot?

who knows what cards life has dealt him.i think its fair to say that most beggars are either pysically impaired,or have mental problems.

it cant be the most dignifying experience grovelling all day,in smoky bangkok.he must get bored silly.i might give him 100 baht for sticking at it.

homeless organisations do say though that giving to beggars only encourages them to do it more,but i wouldnt want to start a witch hunt on some bloke i dont know.

Or maybe he is just a scam artist, he has probaly got a decent wage from this.

You know in Australia there is "professional" beggars is what the media call them who just go around the streets begging for cash.

They got someone to see how much they could get in an hour, the bloke came back with $30.

Now this guy clearly doesnt need to cash to buy a plane ticket and is just a lazy ass who takes people for granted

does anybody know anything about this guy,other than that hes seen around begging alot?

who knows what cards life has dealt him.i think its fair to say that most beggars are either pysically impaired,or have mental problems.

it cant be the most dignifying experience grovelling all day,in smoky bangkok.he must get bored silly.i might give him 100 baht for sticking at it.

homeless organisations do say though that giving to beggars only encourages them to do it more,but i wouldnt want to start a witch hunt on some bloke i dont know.

You must have missed this earlier in the thread:

I saw him the other night. After reading this post I tried speaking to him to try and get the true story. Of course he told me he needed money for his ticket home etc. etc. etc. He seemed pleasant enough and did not seem in any way mentally disturbed. So I went along with his story and tried to discuss some alternatives with him, going to his embassy, family, getting some part-time work as a teacher etc. He did not like this and then he started judging me 'ignorant and cruel' were the words he used. Then he told me to 'f*** off'. I can assure you I wasn't taking the piss out of him I was just trying to have a normal conversation, he had no reason to abuse me. Seems I was a little to close to the truth for his liking. As such I now have no problem condemning him for the pathetic and fairly amatuer con-man that he is. I was especially annoyed because when I approached him he was busy stuffing what looked like around 1000 to 2000 baht in 100's and 20's into his pocket. The shame of it, where's his dignity, some people stoop so low.

The guy is clearly a 'professional vagrant'.

Given some of the bleeding heart replies above, he knows full well there are many gullible saps out there and he is having a laugh at their witless expense because he knows exactly which buttons to press... :o

Edited by Noel

ok lets just asume hes using people for a few qwid.

can you honestly say that youve never used anybody for your own pleasure in some way,

or maybe your a complete saint,i dont know & i wouldnt want to judge you.

thailands full of people that are being used,or using somebody in some way.

I'm surprised I have never run into this scammer. I have heard of him being around for years. Should I run into him, I shall non chalantly hawk a loogie in his direction

Ok, this one is spiralling down to the dregs (again), and its time to close it (again).