Two men killed in motorcycle bomb explosion

Lite Beer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"...stir up political violence or any other criminal purposes..."

Humm, let's see, both dressed in black T-shirts and combat boots, obvious guilty suspects driving away from the house like rats leaving a sinking ship...nah, I'm sure they must have had a NON-CRIMINAL PEACEFUL USE for these bombs.

You have to ask yourself why there were two people on a bike laden with explosives.
The passenger really couldn't be bothered to catch a taxi?

Darwin Award front runner, 2014

Edited by BeforeTigers

Some inflammatory and off-topic posts have been deleted along with replies. If you wish to make inflammatory and trollish posts and direct remarks at other posters rather than the topic, you will get a warning.

This is like the fertilizer bombing in central Bangkok by the Iranians. At that time, the police tracked the fertilizer to a house in Bangkok where they were 'supposedly" shipping it out of Bangkok. Naturally, we don't hear any more about that Thai fertilizer bombing case. It's a certainty that this motorcycle bomb cache in the house, will go the same disappearance route.

"Police are yet to determine whether the bombs were meant to stir up political violence or for any other criminal purposes or whether the group was politically connected."

Whatever it is the outcome, they were making bombs to kill people.

They deserve what they got.

Believe in Karma.

I can speculate that police would immediately identify these man part of anti-government group if these man were from anti-government group, instead of " yet to determine whether the bombs were meant to stir up political........"

No one else concerned that Southern seperatists might be planning to plant these devices in Bangkok.

The Muslim angle worries me.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Which "Muslim angle" worries you, the one in your fertile imagination that had no mention whatsoever in the report?

• Like 1

Could have been going fishing,

The only fishing going on here is that undertaken by seajae, robby nz and ChrisY1.................so far

Weren't you just complaining about posts commenting on the poster rather than the content? Hypocrite!

Sent from my phone...

Actually I was making a comment about certain posters that make a habit of only doing that, if that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes, I can live with that.

This is like the fertilizer bombing in central Bangkok by the Iranians. At that time, the police tracked the fertilizer to a house in Bangkok where they were 'supposedly" shipping it out of Bangkok. Naturally, we don't hear any more about that Thai fertilizer bombing case. It's a certainty that this motorcycle bomb cache in the house, will go the same disappearance route.

Unless we are talking about two completely different sets of Iranian bombers in Bangkok, they were Not fertilizer (ammonium nutrate) bombs as they are huge by comparison to gunpowder or plastic explosives. The Iranian bombers were caught when their bomb house exploded. One of the injured bombers left the damaged house with two bombs, one of which he threw at a taxi which refused to pick him up and the other he threw at police and it bounced back and blew his legs off. There was video footage released of one of he conspirators carrying radios to the house to put bombs in them. You can't fit a fertilizer bomb inside a portable radio.

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/brainstuff/how-terrorist-bombs-work/

"Police are yet to determine whether the bombs were meant to stir up political violence or for any other criminal purposes or whether the group was politically connected."

Whatever it is the outcome, they were making bombs to kill people.

They deserve what they got.

Believe in Karma.

They made the bombs to kill people and they succeeded.

No one else concerned that Southern seperatists might be planning to plant these devices in Bangkok.

The Muslim angle worries me.

Phrae is a hilly northern province with nary a Muslim.

Minburi just happens to have quite a few Muslims who have been there since Rama 5's time.

• Like 1

2 men killed carrying home-made bomb
The Nation

30230491-01_big.jpg
Policemen inspect the site of a roadside bomb attack by suspected separatist militants on a pick-up truck

BANGKOK: -- Min Buri police are looking into a mysterious home-made bomb explosion on Saturday night that killed two men who were carrying it on a motorcycle while travelling in the Bangkok district. In what may be a related development, police later found two home-made bombs left by a motorcycle by Rat Uthit 12 Road, not far from where the explosion occurred on Rat Uthit 25 Road.

Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) members disposed of both bombs at a location near where they were found, before noon yesterday, while police searched for owners of the motorcycle or those who parked it.

The bombs were found by the road underneath a red and black Honda Click without a licence plate.

News reports identified the dead men as Bunluen Pinta, 41, a Phrae resident, and Kriangkrai Sin-amnuay, 50, a Khon Kaen native. Their shattered motorcycle, a black and gold Honda Scooby I, had no licence plate.

An EOD commander speculated that the two incidents were possibly related.

Pol Colonel Kamthorn Uicharoen said that police searched a house where the two men were seen leaving and found two pipe bombs, the same kind that exploded and killed them.

In addition, they found six empty gas cylinders and a gallon of fuel in a plastic container.

Kamthorn said the two dead men were possibly carrying one pipe bomb and it accidentally went off after the bike hit a pothole.

He said it was the first time a pipe bomb with a diameter size greater than one inch - a technique employed by insurgents in the far South - was found assembled in Bangkok.

If the men and other people were involved in a bomb-making operation, they should be divided into three teams - the bomb assembly team, the detonator assembly team, and the team that plants the bombs.

Kamthorn said further inspections were needed at the home for future visits by senior authorities.

The inspection at the home after the explosion on Saturday night were delayed after police found a Yamaha Fino motorcycle and a Sukuzi motorcycle at the house, because police examined them for booby traps, but they were not.

Quoting witnesses who saw the two dead men before the explosion, a police source said that they may have arrived at the home together in a white van with the numbers 744 on the licence plate to pick up the explosives possibly for use elsewhere.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-31