Custom Helmet Airbrush Painters

bigbus

Hello everyone. Can anyone help me out. I'm looking for a airbrush painter that can paint a ice hockey helmet. Preferably in the Korat or Buriram area but Bangkok area wouldn't be a problem.

I have attached a couple of examples I would like done.

Thanks..

post-76063-0-90291000-1396170406_thumb.j

post-76063-0-49702100-1396170419_thumb.j

It does weaken them unless its painted during the original coating process.

If you have a helmet already with a coating dont get it done.

This is due to the thinner either in the paint or used to clean the helmet before painting.

In the offshore industry many companies even discourage you to write your name on the hard hat. This is due to chemicals in the perminant marker.

Sorry I know this is all boring stuff but true.

By the way I am a coatings inspector.

Having said that I take it its only going to be used for decoration in Thailand. Then your fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by baneko

painting them usually weakens them.

This is a fact.

Some paints contain certain chemicals that can eat into the plastic and weaken the structure of the helmet.

Better off to buy factory made custom coloured helmets rather than take risks. Otherwise it`s up to the OP`s own risk and discretion.

lots of air brushers use water based paints these days.

This is true but what about the surface preparation required? Will it use a solvent of some type? Possibly. What about the water based ciatings compatability with the existing coating?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think the risk-adversity profile of the average ice hockey goalie is within the level of acceptance of that slightly increased danger.

Like telling the guy juggling chainsaws he should wear boots rather than trainers. . .

painting them usually weakens them.

This is a fact.

Some paints contain certain chemicals that can eat into the plastic and weaken the structure of the helmet.

Better off to buy factory made custom coloured helmets rather than take risks. Otherwise it`s up to the OP`s own risk and discretion.

Thanks for the confirmation I work in the petrochemical Industry, even stickers put on helmets weaken them. Its the chemical used in the glues and paints which attacks the structure and weakens it.