Things we cannot change

anon11

So how come the Cambodians and Laoations can manage such a step. Is their baggage different ?

Not saying colonization is a good thing, but one side effect may have been to imprint the fact that the indigenous ways aren't enough to be competitive in a globalized economy, that there are valuable things to be learned from the evil foreigners.

• Like 2

The squeaky wheel gets the oil and I am hoping the 90 day reporting will be changed because of too much squeaking.

If anything I think it would change the other way where they actually keep physical tabs on us like they're supposed to.

Be happy it's just a mail-in pro-forma. . .

A/ Some of us are not just visitors, they have kids,families here and that entitle them to voice their opinion.

B/ Even visitors can say what they think.. until now anyways and in some other countries they even can vote, one can only hope ..

A/ Some of us are not just visitors, they have kids,families here and that entitle them to voice their opinion.

B/ Even visitors can say what they think.. until now anyways and in some other countries they even can vote, one can only hope ..

I'd be very interested to learn about countries that allow non-citizens to vote, I was under the impression that was pretty much the basis for "citizenship" as a concept.

I don't think the Thais believe spawning luk krung conveys any rights to participate in policy debate. They haven't give citizenship to hundreds of thousands of Karen, Hmong, Lahu, Akha, Lisu, Hmong, Mien etc people, considering them illegal immigrants even after they've lived within Thai borders for centuries. No access to healthcare, education etc, and certainly no right to vote.

And people actually wanting to exercise their "right" to publicly protest to try to effect change here need to seek a more effective method/medium than TV.com