Leaving Thailand for China, here is why

MrHammer

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent time in PRChina 1988 to late 90's when you needed an invite from a Communist Party Official to get a multi-entry visa which is what I had. When I was in China, they were poor. No desire to go back.

• Like 1

555+ let's see how China is better !

What you wrote about Thailand is true but you seem to be dreaming about China.

Anyway you should decide what you want, be self employed or just employed, because if you just want to make easy money just as I do Thailand is far good enough, and not sure that I would become billionaire in China anyway... But maybe you will !

Wondering how long you will need to come back here and say sorry i was stupid...

<3

It sounds as though you didn't really give Thailand much of a chance. Almost sounds as if you moved into a farang ghetto somewhere, have now partied yourself out, are bored of the scene, and want to checkout somewhere new. Basically, you got bored of Nana and the sexpats, so time for something new.

That's fine and all, and hope you have good travels. Don't bash Thailand over it though, as it has nothing to do with Thailand. It's due to you living in a farang ghetto, wanting to party every night.

You know the OP ?

OP,

have you been to china?

I am interested to hear of your future, and hope you update your thread.

I would have been interested in golf but it appears physically defeating here,

the one poster who has been married 34 years is an exception,

but I would like to know how people prosper in thailand

I find in general that Thai people are rude, dismissive and ignorant now towards foreigners.

Good thing you're moving to China.

cheesy.gif

and foreigners are trash,alcies,criminals,perverts,like the saying goes it takes one to know one.

I bet the boys and girls love you.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well as the saying goes " be careful what you wish for".

I have lived in China,mainly in Shanghai,but also in Yunnan province for the last 10 years.

It has been a fantastic experience,and I had 2 wonderful long term girlfriends.

I am now in the process of leaving China,I want a change,and it's becoming crushingly expensive.

Inflation in Shanghai must be running at 8 per cent per annum,the GBP has declined from 14 yuan to about 10 over the period.

Although I have had some work there,interest on my savings has,at least,halved.

When I analyze the situation my spending power is down at least 70 per cent in 10 years.

I also contest that jobs are plentiful,it is a hugely competitive market and even with excellent connections it is a huge challenge to get anything,10,s of millions of graduates every year flood the market.There is also an influx of young educated westerners who speak fluent mandarin to compete with.

If you don't speak fluent Mandarin,your opportunities are hugely restricted.

The visa situation also gets ever tighter,unless you have special expertise ( eg Architect),it will be very very difficult to get a work visa.10 years ago I could secure a 1 year visa easily.

Last July the visa rules were once again tightened.The best visa I could secure was a 1 year multi entry visa,but I have to exit China every 60 days,and I only secured this as I had a recently expired ,previous,business visa in my passport.

Regarding Chinese women,yes the are,broadly speaking ( and talking from my experience) among the best in the world,They seem to have a natural sophistication,they are very proud,loyal,and ambitious.They are also in the driving seat in a country where there are 117 men to every 100 women.A Chinese woman has a clear idea of what she wants,mainly marriage children,financial security,not unlike most women,but I suggest these ideals are pursued more confidently.

If you are going to live in the first tier cities eg Shanghai or Beijing,you will need at least 2000 US dollars a month to have a half reasonable life.

So that's my half pence worth.

Good Luck.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

$2,000 a month,

thats half of what you would think for cosmopolitan and sofisticated