Honeymoon Location

Bravo Mike

Hi ladies, I will be coming to Thailand and getting married to a lovely girl from Chiang Mai in November and would like to take her somewhere romantic for a weeks honeymoon,preferably away from the tourist sites.Can you pass on any suggestions for somewhere nice to go please.

She has never been out of LOS and was even a little taken aback when I suggested we go away

( is this normal?)

Thanks Mike

Mike, honeymoons aren't the norm for Thai people but I am sure if you take her someplace nice she won't complain :o

What kind of budget are you looking for and what kind of location? I know you want to stay off the beaten path but alot of the really nice hotels are in touristy areas. I would suggest a spa/resort, she could get pampered and would love it, I am sure.

Mike, honeymoons aren't the norm for Thai people but I am sure if you take her someplace nice she won't complain :o

What kind of budget are you looking for and what kind of location? I know you want to stay off the beaten path but alot of the really nice hotels are in touristy areas. I would suggest a spa/resort, she could get pampered and would love it, I am sure.

Thanks SBK, I suppose my budget would be middle of the road and the location Im interested in open to suggestion, just somewhere serene and peaceful would be a good start I suppose.I understand what you say about nicer hotels being in the tourist areas it would be good to find the best of both worlds.

November is typically the rainy season on the islands in the south, so I wouldn't really suggest going south. Usually, by Nov, the rainy season has ended in the north.

Pai is lovely, I understand, and not super touristy, weather should be good in November. You could try posting in those sections in the forum and see if people who know that area have some ideas.

November is typically the rainy season on the islands in the south, so I wouldn't really suggest going south. Usually, by Nov, the rainy season has ended in the north.

Pai is lovely, I understand, and not super touristy, weather should be good in November. You could try posting in those sections in the forum and see if people who know that area have some ideas.

Thanks again SBK I will check it out.Sorry for the late reply my computer caught a virus and Ive been out of action.

Regards Mike