Getting rid of weeds in small garden

I suddenly have weeds growing thru my little stones, there are 4 options, and I prefer option #4 but need help for that:

1) leave it (no, don't like it)

2) pay someone (no, prefer not)

3) remove stones and remove myself (no, too hot)

4) some kind of spray like this: http://www.ortho.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod70200&itemId=cat50064&nodeId=& but preferable something more close, like some spray I can by myself here (yes, but where? anyone knows which shop?)

Thank you so so much!

PS. I don't have pets nor kids (and no nearby fruits and/or flowers), so something strong would be fine as well for me.

post-108675-13962839361123_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You need either a quick acting contact herbicide, that will burn off the leaves but leave the roots intact, most people here would recommend using Roundup, called something like Glyfosat here. You can apply with a watering can in the evening. Maybe this thread should be in the plants and pets forum.

as already mentioned, Glyphosate is great for this sort of situation. It kills the whole plant so that you don't have them growing back so much, so quickly.

The only thing is that it can take up to 2 weeks before you really see the results and if it rains within 6 hours of application, you will probably have to re-apply.

Huhmm? So basically it's useless in the rain season?

Btw is there also a similar kind of spray/fluid/whatever-helps which will not only kill what's visible, but also kills the root and makes it never come back? Or is such (probably very toxic?) stuff only available for professionals?

Ps. I msged a moderator to move it to other forum but no answer as of yet, so I hope it's still allowed to keep commenting here in the meanwhile? Sorry don't want to make anyone angry...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by hansje1980

Quite honestly with the small amount of weeds you have there, unless the path in 100 feet long, just yank them out by hand.... rolleyes.giffacepalm.gif the longer you wait the more weeds you'll have....

If you use Glyphosate as suggested the plants will seed before it actually kills the plants/ weeds... the seeds will germinate and it all starts again...

If no other "good plants" in the immediate area (does not look like there is?) Try some table salt, that will kill them pretty fast. ... you don't need much, try it on a few weeds an see... . wink.png

Haha ok 3 options now

1) Glyfosat/Glyphosate (can find at Tesco/BigC?)
2) Boiling water
3) Vinegar

I think I have enough options now. Maybe can do them together!! Boiling water, and when dry again after few hours or earlier some vinegar, and next day when that is gone I spray some
Glyphosate! That should definately do the job :D

Thanks all! :-)

salt.

for that small amount of weeds roundup is overkill. or plant something else in between the stones to take the place of the weeds. not sure whant would work in thailand but here we use creeping rosemary or some kinds of thyme and there are plenty other ideas. along the lines of : cant beat them so join them but on your own terms.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG: 234660.jpg

SHOP LINK: http://www.directtoshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/directtoshop/gardening/fertilizers---weed-control/pesticides/glyphoset-1000ml-herbicide-p234660

BUT... have to put it in a small sprayercan and mix with water ? or just pure ? I dont know if this has to be sprayed in a concentrated form, because everything is written in Thai sad.png

Edited by hansje1980