Upcoming Motorbike Test

Hello. I will soon be taking a motorbike test in order to gain a licence. I will be taking the test at either Rayong or Pattaya test centre.

Does anybody know if i can hire a bike at either of these centres, to use for my practical test? (My thai speaking and listening skills, or lack of, are not adequate to be able to phone and ask).

In the shops opposite the pattaya test centre you can hire a motorcycle. As well as any photo coping you need. Arrive early do all required paperwork and eye tests etc. Driving test in the afternoon or the next day. its been a few years since i did mine

Edited by steve187

Thanks for the reply.

Is that theory on one day and practical on another?

Get to the test center before 08.00am you don't need photos just some copies of your passport and visa and originals of a residency permit and health cert. You will be bored to death watching their 4-5 hr movie on the first day and you will get the chance to show off your braking reactions using a car foot brake. What this has to do with a M/C I don't know? You will receive no instruction on how to ride a M/C. You will not be informed of how many people can safely ride a M/C at a time or attaching a shop to the side of your M/C. You get to show off your riding skills going around their course. Everyone passes even people who fall off on the course or are blatantly color blind or who have the braking reactions of an oil tanker. Have fun and take a book or some mind numbing substance.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Get to the test center before 08.00am you don't need photos just some copies of your passport and visa and originals of a residency permit and health cert. You will be bored to death watching their 4-5 hr movie on the first day and you will get the chance to show off your braking reactions using a car foot brake. What this has to do with a M/C I don't know? You will receive no instruction on how to ride a M/C. You will not be informed of how many people can safely ride a M/C at a time or attaching a shop to the side of your M/C. You get to show off your riding skills going around their course. Everyone passes even people who fall off on the course or are blatantly color blind or who have the braking reactions of an oil tanker. Have fun and take a book or some mind numbing substance.

Everyone passes, only seven out of twenty one passed the theory test when I did mine ( yes, I was one with 28 out of 30) the rest had to come back the following week. Every test centre has their own way of doing things TIT.

Thanks for the reply.

I started the test 3 years ago but failed the color test in Pattaya (the red n green dots thing) and they didn't let me continue. Driving since then on an international license. Although there's no problem at police checks I would like to have a local Thai license as well as it serves like an ID card here. Any test center takes the color test more easy or any ways around it or another idea? In my home country, Hong Kong, Burma where I drove before there is no color test like here but you have to learn to drive!!!

Does anybody know about Scoyco motorbike gear? I have seen plenty for sale in the Kawasaki shop, Pattaya, but can find very little about it on the 'net.

This is their website http://www.scoyco.com/en/index.html#.U0PG0VeC6So Chinese <deleted>. Go to Paddock in Ratchada in Bangkok if you want some decent gear, or Dianese or Panda Rider. You never told us about your test? Have you bought a R1 now?