Government searches for ways to invest in 2.2 trillion baht project

webfact

Government searches for ways to invest in 2.2 trillion baht project

PNPOL570401001000501_01042014_115416.jpg

BANGKOK, 1 April 2014 (NNT) — The Ministry of Finance is currently searching for ways to invest in the 2.2 trillion baht mega project by laying out strategies, budgeting plans, and other means of investing with the private sector.

Ms. Chularat Suteethorn, the Director-General of Public Debt Management Office, disclosed that she had met with the Bureau of the Budget, the Office of the National Economic and Social Development Board, the Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning, and the Fiscal Policy Office, in order to discuss feasible projects under the 2.2 trillion baht loan bill that has recently been revoked.

The conclusion from the meeting was revealed to utilize 3 sources of funding: the regular annual budget, loans taken out according to the 2005 Public Debt Bill, and investing in a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) cooperation.

Ms. Chularat has entrusted the Bureau of the Budget to lead the process and to prioritize the importance of 53 projects listed within the 2.2 trillion baht loan. She further stated that it should take approximately one and a half months to study each project in full detail and choose the most viable ones in order to move forward with the investment plans.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-01 footer_n.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With 50+ projects to be studied at 1 1/2 moths each, that is a lot of budget just to make a payroll for all those involved in the study to number them by someones importance wegie board. Government reasoning at its most profound state.

• Like 1

I do believe for the present this loan has been refused , full credit though , nothing like planning with money you have not got , a little bit like the rice scam , now if the finance department would like to take a good look at the PTP loan box of tricks , it would see that they are borrowing outside the IMF guidelines, set in place after the Asian crisis of 1997,speculating of what might have been seems to be a pass time in Thailand.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I do believe for the present this loan has been refused , full credit though , nothing like planning with money you have not got , a little bit like the rice scam , now if the finance department would like to take a good look at the PTP loan box of tricks , it would see that they are borrowing outside the IMF guidelines, set in place after the Asian crisis of 1997,speculating of what might have been seems to be a pass time in Thailand.coffee1.gif

If i recall the money and plans were scrapped for being vague where it would go.

What gets me is what is the importance to that amount?

They wanted to borrow the exact amount for their speed train project.

Now they are trying to make projects to get the same amount. Their must be some significance to this other than given credit for so much. Banks often extend a line of credit but i would kill my wife if she went and borowed all of it just so she can buy more.

Can this caretaker gov even make plans with the budget office to make more schemes and debt?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Instead of what THEY wanted, why not have a transport system that serves the public interest.

Standard dual track. Eastern seaboard to BKK------BKK to Nong Khai------BKK to Chiang Mai-----BKK to Malaysia. Rail engines similar to the UK 125/150.

Electric Lines/Diesel ----freight 50% rail. intercity and commuter trains.

All delayed projects scrapped.

All main highways--1--2--3--4 intersections to be scrapped, traffic lights scrapped, entering traffic/cross traffic under /over.

Inter city /town roads updated with attention to U turns/m/cycle lanes. Trams/lines for public transport-built. center BKK roads permits required. updated bus service especially for elderly/infirm.

ALL Thailand school buses regulated/safe and mini/ tour buses speed governed, drivers checked/ vehicles checked.

Just a few of the main things that have to be addressed.

NO NEED for bullet type trains---very fast service covered by airports.

Your last point might be suspect. China's high-speed rail is so popular, it's hurting the domestic airline industry.

http://qz.com/193556/chinas-high-speed-rail-is-so-popular-its-hurting-the-domestic-airline-industry/

• Like 2

Instead of what THEY wanted, why not have a transport system that serves the public interest.

Standard dual track. Eastern seaboard to BKK------BKK to Nong Khai------BKK to Chiang Mai-----BKK to Malaysia. Rail engines similar to the UK 125/150.

Electric Lines/Diesel ----freight 50% rail. intercity and commuter trains.

All delayed projects scrapped.

All main highways--1--2--3--4 intersections to be scrapped, traffic lights scrapped, entering traffic/cross traffic under /over.

Inter city /town roads updated with attention to U turns/m/cycle lanes. Trams/lines for public transport-built. center BKK roads permits required. updated bus service especially for elderly/infirm.

ALL Thailand school buses regulated/safe and mini/ tour buses speed governed, drivers checked/ vehicles checked.

Just a few of the main things that have to be addressed.

NO NEED for bullet type trains---very fast service covered by airports.

Your last point might be suspect. China's high-speed rail is so popular, it's hurting the domestic airline industry.

http://qz.com/193556/chinas-high-speed-rail-is-so-popular-its-hurting-the-domestic-airline-industry/

China is so vast, doubt if they have flights on many rail routes, but that is China, they built the transport Thailand does not invent they have to buy other countries travel ways.

The Chinese high speed at the cost would never pay for it'self. Here it would have to be more expensive and 1 hour flight here to 5 hours train a no go.

150 mph UK is not that far short of the China train ---I have just saved over 1 trillion for Thailand. O % corruption as audits kept.

Maybe China could extend their rail down here. But, that might bring more Chinese tourists. tongue.png

Only the Chinese would set off from Beijing to BKK on holiday by rail. ---but stopping off on a route here and there could have possibilities--Direct -I wouldn't for hols.

Extending Thai routs to connect via Laos-China good idea, but Laos would have to also get shifting its Rs.

Not forgetting off the 4 Thai train routes spurs off to all major cities as in UK.

O lord ! I forgot to be involved I would need a work permit and watch my back at all times.---good to swap ideasthumbsup.gif

The cart before the horse if ever there has been such a case. INVEST??? They have not even been given the funds as yet and if they HAVE those funds stashed they should pay the farmers first.

I remember Yinny traipsing around the world begging and no one offered her a crumb.

• Like 2

I have an idea. Since it is to be built by the Chinese, and will link Thailand with Laos and China, why don't the Chinese foot the bill entirely, and collect on the concession? They will probably turn a profit eventually, and it would cost Thailand little. Win, win, right?

• Like 2