Chain Lube

Beardog

Chears guys im very grateful for the good advice i receive here. KRS1 , hope the "dirty" bike has its head/valves fixed up soon , keep us up-to-date. Can i ask where these 3 shops are - i have a good knowledge of CM by now -thanks.

Saengchai and burning on kaew nawarat, close to the bridge

CNX moto on nong hoi outbound, go under bridge and keep looking right.

As I said to you yesterday....outboard grease is the answer.

Buy mine up at Seat Marine.

I know it probably sounds weird.

But look at the environment outboard grease works in, much the same as a chain and sprockets during the wet season!

BSJ I used the outboard oil & it works very well but not as easy as a quick squirt on the ol' chain. My sanding on the rear rotor was not aggressive enough either at Maxxis. I will have Kawi next week see if they can get the glaze off when they do my 12,000 kilo servicing. They have an angle grinder to rough up the disc. I hate to replace it. Other than the glaze it is not hacked up or warped & looks new except for the glaze on the rotor. Nice running into you at Maxxis. The tires are awesome. I hope they got yours worked out.

Barry

Hi there young fella, the disk rotor has a lot more Chromium than regular steel, so your going to have to get Zirconia Alumina sanding paper or as I suggested Zirconia Alumina Flap Disk 120 grit and an angle grinder.

You will need to get backwheel off again to seperate the cush drive to do the inside of the disk.

With 120 grit you can't do any damage if you keep the angle grinder moving! Wear safety glasses and ear muffs if you have them.

Have fun with it.

Thank you KRS1 and others ,the lube is only for a hire bike for a month but knowing where the best bike (and off-road)bike shops are is a massive help for when i move there.Happy Songkran CU soon.

Right now the brand I will use is Top 1 & a case of the stuff is on the way most likely be here today. Like I said the Belray seems to do the job well. I can hear the difference of the chain going around smoothly- but that being said on the second run it is still dripping goo blobs in my driveway. So my vote is the chain wax as it does exactly the same as the Belray is doing without the after mess.

On a side note if your chain lube is going through the U.S. TSA or Covenant(their subcontractor) has been bagging the lubes as hazardous materials & most likely selling the stolen gear on E-Bay. I had 2 cans snatched last July. Funny thing is the Belray says Highly flammable & the Chain wax had no hazard or flammability written on anywhere on the can. It would take about 2000 degrees Celsius & a can of compressed antiperspirant or shaving gel has more propellant & would torch up quicker but they don't steal those items. I guess cans of shaving gel on EBay not that desirable. Besides if the plane where to have a fire major enough to get a can of chain lube to burn I would think that would be a non issue. The burning point of hydraulic fluid is much lower as the plane would be doing a 370 type of disappearance.

Thanks Beardog , i will get a can from CNX - im staying very near Rimping supermarket on road 106 (east of Ping river) so i assume i carry on this road , away from town - West - to find shop. Only need a months worth !EDIT : I will be coming from England and havent had the BIB "take" anything from me , i bring roll-on body scent!!.

Edited by nigel jeffrey

Thanks Beardog , i will get a can from CNX - im staying very near Rimping supermarket on road 106 (east of Ping river) so i assume i carry on this road , away from town - West - to find shop. Only need a months worth !EDIT : I will be coming from England and havent had the BIB "take" anything from me , i bring roll-on body scent!!.

This is the 82 ml. bottle just got an hour ago. It is about the size of an antiperspirant travel can for airlines. The magic marker next to the Windex bottle shows the size. Perfect for a month or 2 .

post-32440-0-86128500-1396516225_thumb.j

Right , now i know what it looks like - thanks. Now to find the shop! Do i see "the boss lady" through the window , checking for any more globs on the drive ? Are you in trouble again ? 555

Nah that is Jep the 13 year old that is visiting & her grandpa. The grease blobs have finally stopped. I may have went overboard with the Belray to really lube the chain well. I got a good woman- She does not complain about the oil & helps clean it up to keep our dogs from tracking it around.She saves the bitching about the cost of the Mods on the Kawasaki. Thank God she isn't complaining that I love the bike more than her!

Good luck with getting the stuff. KRS1 knows best in Chaing Mai area!

Edited by Beardog

Good lady - dont forget to tell her once in a while!I follow several peoples posts ,relating to mainly motorbikes ,and KRS1 sounds like he also knows his stuff.Im trying to build up an base of good information on biking in CM ,i gather your in Pattaya ,and thank you for the help/info.

Chain saw oil is nothing more than 90 weight gear oil coloured red. Has anyone tried to buy chain saw oil here? Even the guys at Husqvarna don't have it!

Anyway it is more to lubricate the boundary between the bar and the chain more than the actual chain itself.

If there are any high mileage riders out there. I have a couple of Loobman chain oilers. Someone said something about every 500 kms. With Loobman all one does is press the button after refuelling and ride away. It is a one shot deal so no adjustments no crap all over the place etc..