Another warning of heavy storms and hails issued for Thailand

webfact

1. During 3-4 Apr, 2014, the provinces include Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Sakon Nakhon, Khon Kaen, Amnat Charoen, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Surin, Buri Ram and Nakhon Ratchasima.

All over Isaan, 33% of the country, would fit better.Let's hope the best.

Worked out well for us, 3 weeks ago I booked 7 nights in Pattaya from 3 April I have been waiting for a storm to come cool the place down and give us some water, Khon Kaen.

Kiwi Kenny

Major cloud burst with wind driven rain last evening for a hour or so outside Buriram. Note: Thai skills in weather-tight window installation appears to be lacking. Please add to list of sub-par performance in building skills along with plumbing and electric.

F1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not a joke at all. We all recall the February storm in Chiang Mai last year where at my house alone 21 huge trees, many old teak and flower-bearing beauties, were destroyed. Our 1,000 year old Banyan lost 1/3 of its huge crown that only now is starting to make a come-back! Our very large 20-year old sala was pushed over to a 15-20 degree list that took two months to repair. Many tiles were blown off the several roofs of this property. We kept the braces on many of our younger replanted trees for just this expected happening, and will take care our cars and dogs will be undercover if not inside.

I am not aware there is much more to be done other than to hope it cleans the northern smoke-filled air, and clears the Bangkok streets of protesters.

So we can assume by your........................".huge trees, ancient Banyan, very large 20 year-old sala, several roofs", that you enjoy boasting and are a typical ............"my dad's bigger than your dad" farang!

You seem a typical penis envy type of guy...

I don't see SLESQ making comparisons to anything anywhere in his post. You guys are drawing your own conclusions as to " who's is bigger than who's ".

Well here in Phan we had 2 small lakes one has been covered in the other is dry but what is concern to me but not villages and the shop next door is they have blocked the other lake from getting in water when it rains from the rest of the village so now instead of water going into the lake all the homes are going to be flooded ,yet these thais know every thing ive tried to explain to them there no where for the water to go any more they just look at me and laugh,i wonder on the 4,5 6 april they will be laughing.

about two weeks ago we had a terrific windstorm,the next night torrential rain and again two nights after,we are near wichianburi in Petchabun province, i will be happy to have good rain,but hope we don't get the windstorms as well but often they seem to come together,as it is now 36c according to my thermometer,which i do not entirley trust,i shall be happy for the cooler temps though.

B..B...But wait a minute. We haven't had our drought yet.......sad.png

I am not sure exactly how much drought you want, or perhaps you have better conditions where you live. We live in Ban Hong, Changwat Lamphun, about 90 km south of Chiang Mai.

Our last rain was in November, and today is the 17th day in succession that the temperature has topped 40. The mango trees are all dropping their fruit. We see dead fish floating to the surface in many places, presumably due to lack of oxygen. The air is thick with smoke, completely obscuring sight of the mountains.

I think that we have had enough, thank you - we need lots of rain, and if it comes with wind, so be it.

Absolutely knackered today. Up all night dealing with the storm -- of course, about one second into the storm the electricity went off. Perhaps I should invest into that wire less electricity supply cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif We only suffered minor damage and flooding and had most of it cleared up by 8am, then over the road to help out a family whose house had just about been demolished. We've made them temporary accommodation out of what was left of their house. Tomorrow we start the demolition proper then build a new house. About ten houses in the village suffered damage. What surprised me today was the lack of ' village spirit '. Plenty of people came to gawp, but get their hands dirty -- no way. I just hope that the storm ' as forecast ' doesn't materialize as and when. As I posted last night, the amount of rain was immense, but the frightening bit was the wind. It hit the house with such a noise. I've never encountered the likes of that before.

We really, really need a temperature drop in BKK—just keep the dangerous stuff away. Thanks in advance to whatever it is that controls the weather for this planet.

All the current weather forecasts for Chiang Mai do not indicate any storms, rather they forecast more of the same with a slight drop in temperature.

We really, really need a temperature drop in BKK—just keep the dangerous stuff away. Thanks in advance to whatever it is that controls the weather for this planet.

As forecasted, the temperature dropped by 10 degrees during the storm......so they got that bit right thumbsup.gif

Still no rain drops in Chumphon/Surat Thani area

That's not surprising since the storms were forecast for the north/northeast of Thailand and parts of central Thailand. That being said, there has not been a drop in Lamphun province yet, and none showing in the weather forecast either. Today will be over 40 again, but nights are now down to almost 20, which is much better than the 28-30 a few days ago.

Quite a summer storm last night here in Bandung, 80 km north east of Udon.As per usual for summer storms here, it started with sudden really strong winds, some trees were uprooted.

After 20 minutes of that the rain came, carwash style, ie in sheets- the sugar cane, rubber trees and fruit trees all loved it. Temperatures today are a very pleasant mid 20s with a pleasant cool breeze.

But that wind-so sudden and so strong.