Extension of stay Thai Wife at Lad Phrao: Should I worry?

I was at Immigration Lad Phrao last month for my 90 days report. It was confusing to say the least.

We have done the ext of stay before 2 times at CW, but from what I could tell, there are no booths for interviewing at Lad Phrao. Just a counter with window over in a corner.

We will use the money in the bank option this time. I know I will have to get the letter from the bank the day before and update and copy my bank book on the day of application. How to do this before 10.30 I don't know.

What are other people's experiences regarding ext of stay thai wife at Lad Phrao? I saw the lady that usually processed us at CW working there in civies.

The older one with horn rim glasses and a school ma'am look. She is strict, but fair.

My stay permit expires May 24th. Should I wait until beginning of May and hope CW re-opens or just go end of this month to Lad Phrao?

I am worried the Lad Phrao people will be "difficult". Any tips/warnings would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat!! Mine's coming up pretty soon and I'd rather do it at CW. I've been to LP twice, once for re entry and once for 90 days. Both were done in the late afternoon so not a huge crowd and was pretty painless. However, I'm not sure about doing a 'big' one at LP. It's meant to be hell in the morning!!

My branch is the Kasikorn bank downstairs from CW immigration, so obviously this will be a no go. I'm hoping I can get a letter from the Kasikorn branch opposite Imperial World and update/photocopy my bank book there.

Can you use any branch of your bank to get a letter for immigration purposes?

Good luck and let us know how you got on!

I did my full renewal at Lat Prao. Let the misses handle everything... I just grabbed a chair, waited about an 90 minutes and was summoned to show my face for a minute at the counter window. Another 20-30 minute wait and we were sorted. smile.png All fairly painless other than negotiating the masses and finding a seat on a Monday morning at Lat Prao. All in all took about 2 hours I guess? It now line/crowds, probably would have taken about an hour.

Actually the bigger PITA was getting the bank letter. Usually I'd get that at CW branch (since they're pretty used to it). My home branch initially wanted like 7 days to process it...after a little fuss we got the branch manager to do it that day. That whole process took about an hour or so. If the branch gives you some "it takes XX days", just politely and calmly get the bank manager and plead your case.

Edited by DaveBKK

I did my full renewal at Lat Prao. Let the misses handle everything... I just grabbed a chair, waited about an 90 minutes and was summoned to show my face for a minute at the counter window. Another 20-30 minute wait and we were sorted. smile.png All fairly painless other than negotiating the masses and finding a seat on a Monday morning at Lat Prao. All in all took about 2 hours I guess? It now line/crowds, probably would have taken about an hour.

Actually the bigger PITA was getting the bank letter. Usually I'd get that at CW branch (since they're pretty used to it). My home branch initially wanted like 7 days to process it...after a little fuss we got the branch manager to do it that day. That whole process took about an hour or so. If the branch gives you some "it takes XX days", just politely and calmly get the bank manager and plead your case.

Ok, that is helpful.

I am not too worried about the bank letter. My branch is close to home and we are familiar with the branch manager.

Anybody else want to chime in with their experience?

Go to Suksawat instead, as it's much quicker. I did a 90-day report and got a re-entry permit in 10-15 mins. No-one in either queue ahead of me.Pack with people from Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia, but I was the only farang and so didn't have to queue. Previously I went to LP and it took much longer.

I went to the Lad Prao Immigration office today to do my retirement visa renewal and re-entry stamp. I arrived at 10:30 and it took 1 hour to get the renewal completed then I applied for the re-entry stamp and that took 1 1/2 hours. You can get copies, 3 bhat each, and pictures where you get the cue number.

I did my first Extension of stay based on Thai spouse 2 days ago in Lad Phrao.

The following are my experience:

1. The main door entrance to the BIG C open at 9am. After 9am you can go in and go up to 5th floor, where the Immigration office located.
  2. You will need to queue (Counter L - only have one counter for Non-O based on Thai spouse, children) until 10am , where you can get the queue no to check your document & form.
  3. After checked the document, you will be given another queue no then you are allow go in the counter (Not sure whether A5 or A6) to submit your application.
  4. If the Immigration officer want interview you then you will be ask to go back and wait near the Counter L. After that she will come out and invite you to go inside and seat in the sofa to do the interview.

The whole process take about 4 hours for me, as I am arrived around 8am.

Only one counter (for check document) and one counter (submit application) for extension of stay based on Thai spouse & children.

You will see a lot of peoples from Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia but they are there for different purpose.

Edited by Support
OP request

Suksawat is going to almost certainly be quicker and less painful.

But a lot of people here seem to continue heading for Lad Phrao despite the continuing reports of hassles and lines. I can't figure why....

Just getting to Suksawat from Ram Inthra will take me 1.5hrs in the morning.

I did my first Extension of stay based on Thai spouse 2 days ago in Lad Phrao.

The following are my experience:

1. The main door entrance to the BIG C open at 9am. After 9am you can go in and go up to 5th floor, where the Immigration office located.
  2. You will need to queue (Counter L - only have one counter for Non-O based on Thai spouse, children) until 10am , where you can get the queue no to check your document & form.
  3. After checked the document, you will be given another queue no then you are allow go in the counter (Not sure whether A5 or A6) to submit your application.
  4. If the Immigration officer want interview you then you will be ask to go back and wait near the Counter L. After that she will come out and invite you to go inside and seat in the sofa to do the interview.

The whole process take about 4 hours for me, as I am arrived around 8am.

Only one counter (for check document) and one counter (submit application) for extension of stay based on Thai spouse & children.

You will see a lot of peoples from Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia but they are there for different purpose.

Thanks. I had been there one time before. Felt sorry for all the workers waiting in loooong lines.

OK, guess we will try it there.

• Like 1