Doi Saket Hospital

Twinkie2

I want to get some information about Doi Saket Hospital and how good (or bad) that hospital is.

I am about 15 minutes away from there, would they be able to care for things such as snake bites (cobras), broken bones? Do they have diagnostic machines (X-Ray, CT scanners)

For major issues, my best bet would be to go straight to Sriphat, correct? It is about an hour away from where I am at.

Any information would be helpful

I have used Doi Saket Hospital in the past. For what your asking about the answer is yes. For anything more major you may be more comfortable with a bigger hospital in Chiang Mai. Saying that I have a very good friend that all most lost his life to one of the named hospitals in Chiang Mai his wife had him transferred asap to the government hospital in Sanpatong which saved his life.

Edited by khwaibah

If you're close to Doi Saket hospital, and you've been bitten by a cobra, it's going to take you more than half an hour to get to Sriphat, negotiate the traffic etc. Probably too late.

Maybe other TV members know if anyone stocks antivenene.

Chiang Mai is not a set for an Indiana Jones film. I've only seen one cobra in 2 years, plus a few of the regular tree snakes/pythons which I believe are non-venomous.

If you're in the city, I doubt you'd see any of these, but broken collar bone - a certainty if you go out on a motor bike!

• Like 1

I've only seen one cobra in 2 years

Where, out of interest?

Front yard, which is not too far from the Doi Suthep forest. It was a young one, but larger skins of an unknown type also found.

• Like 1

My many experiences with DS hospital [family issues] is that if it is something simple like food poisoning or if it is an extreme emergency where minutes, it will do. Otherwise if it is not extreme emergency, then go to one of the many hospitals in the city. My preference is Ram2 [Thepanya].

Having said the above about DS Hospital, a friend Dxed with dengue fever at Ram1 and was recommended to go to DS hospital because they had more experience with dengue.

• Like 1

My neighbors and friends in the area as well as myself use Doi Saket Hospital when is for something not life threatening or minor things such as cuts that need stitches. I would consider it my first stop for something major if time was of the essence to get stabilized before a long ride into the City. Keep in mind there is not always someone there with good English skills so bring the wife or someone to translate.