'Special Way' to end conflict possible, Thai Army Chief says

webfact

you should be careful what you write. Calling the Army chief a monster is defamation. I wish he could see what you wrote and be deported for soch childish and ignorant posts. In Singapore you would be quickely dealt with as would a lot of other posters on this forum

555 right now I am in the middle of moving out of Thailand anyway. I am deeply worried by the way things are going, and have no desire to live in a dictatorship (the yellow dream, and what Singapore is BTW), or a war zone (which is what will likely eventuate because a lot of Thais don't want dictatorship either) . Plus I think that if Prayuth wants to sue anyone for defamation, then he has much bigger fish to fry than anyone on this forum.

You say that my posts are childish and ignorant? Do some reading on what happened in Bangkok in 2010. I was living in central Bangkok the whole time and saw what Prayuth unleashed with my own eyes.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was also living and working in Bangkok in 2010 and I also saw firsthand the violence and rioting from the red shit protestors (terrorists). It was a war zone. Without the rioting and violence, there would have been no crackdown. Cause and effect.

What?

Yes he is right. Living in the area, I have witnessed the same. Total anarchy and nonstop violence for weeks because we all know the police supports and protects the reds.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you should be careful what you write. Calling the Army chief a monster is defamation. I wish he could see what you wrote and be deported for soch childish and ignorant posts. In Singapore you would be quickely dealt with as would a lot of other posters on this forum

555 right now I am in the middle of moving out of Thailand anyway. I am deeply worried by the way things are going, and have no desire to live in a dictatorship (the yellow dream, and what Singapore is BTW), or a war zone (which is what will likely eventuate because a lot of Thais don't want dictatorship either) . Plus I think that if Prayuth wants to sue anyone for defamation, then he has much bigger fish to fry than anyone on this forum.

You say that my posts are childish and ignorant? Do some reading on what happened in Bangkok in 2010. I was living in central Bangkok the whole time and saw what Prayuth unleashed with my own eyes.

I was also living and working in Bangkok in 2010 and I also saw firsthand the violence and rioting from the red shit protestors (terrorists). It was a war zone. Without the rioting and violence, there would have been no crackdown. Cause and effect.

Where is the justification for shooting at unarmed people that are running away from you? Or using snipers to randomly lop people off?

I was actually slightly against the Reds until that time.

And how do you justify that over 20 officials were killed? Most were killed before the army started it's crackdown.

Edited by Nickymaster

What?

Too difficult to understand? Let me try and make it simpler. If the red shirt terrorists hadn't occupied downtown Bangkok for months on end in 2010, disrupted businesses (many of them their own supporters) and made it into a actual war zone with their constant shootings and bombings, there would have been no crackdown.

Let me make it simple for you. It involves third grade arithmetic, so you may not be quite ready for it yet, but do give it a try. Its helps to stretch soft, unformed minds.

Count the bodies.

Also, I am politically neutral, but seems you are not. You constantly refer to the red shirts as "terrorists", but not the yellow shirts or PDRC, although they also are engaged in political demonstrations.. Are you advocating against multi-party democracy? Are you engaging in the racist conceit that the red shirts are merely "buffaloes" and their lives and interests are unimportant? Do you really believe that millions of people who feel they have had a raw deal in Thailand are actually manipulated by a shadowy puppet master in Dubai. That they have no independent minds or morals or interests. You sir, are sad.

• Like 1

As i said, even the Army is divided and they don't know yet what comes next.

They will fail again anyway.

The army is divided is it?

Well that is the first declaration I have heard anywhere.

Please furnish us with some specific news reports directing to this announcement.

Or are you just another armchair expert that knows everything that has not yet been announced in the media.

Maybe you should be a journalist with such powers to know everything that is going on behind closed doors.

The army in Thailand will never be divided, they are trained to uphold the interests of the nation, with the first duty to the King, the second duty to the people, and the third duty to the government, and that goes for every single person in the military.

Any dissent will be court Martial as it will be seen as going against his majesty the king, and that will NOT BE TOLERATED.

So dream on.

Your arrogance is exceeded by your ignorance.

Read for an education on your undivided army http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/04/27/the-deep-political-crisis-within-the-royal-thai-army-officer-corps/

I think the army propaganda wing has entered the discussion ladies and gentleman. Better to watch our words.

Don't worry. That's all they have. They think that everybody only has access to the same red propaganda. Thaksin needed blood on the street in order to say: Trigger happy army kills unarmed and peaceful reds. Saddly, he got all the blood he wished for.

Remember those famous words from Thaksin? Start fighting my brothers and sisters and if the army goes after you I will be there to fight with you.

The first thing the army needs to help with is to run a fair and honest election. Anybody trying to disrupt it should be arrested and this includes any party leader who advocates a boycott. Everyone of voting age must be given the chance to register their vote without restrictions.

Then the party chosen to run the government to be given an unfettered term. They can be out voted the next time around. To hell with Sutheps idiotic dictatorship ideas. He just cannot be trusted, see how many times he has changed his mind in the last few months. Who in their right minds would like a person like him running the country.

• Like 2

The military have no right to meddle in politics. Who the hell does Prayuth think he is? By rights, this monster should be stripped of his rank for his continued threats to launch a coup.

First off, he did not make any such threat. Secondly, it is impossible for the army to stay out of politics as they are caught in the middle and must stop the political violence. Throughout this whole affair, the chief has given balanced and reasonable responses to reporters constantly trying to make him side with someone. By rights you should either educate yourself and understand things before you make duff comments making yourself look bad, or just stay quiet.

• Like 1

"Suppose you work in a company, and you decide to protest against the company owner," Gen. Prayuth asked the reporter instead

What a berk! Thailand isn't a company even though Thaksin saw himself as self appointed CEO of Thailand.

Maybe if you want people to behave like employees, then how about a profit share scheme or similar, or let the people reap the rewards for their efforts, like free healthcare or welfare benefits, instead of stuffing it in the pockets of the elite? If these clowns from both sides, weren't so far removed from reality, they'd realise the people are fed up seeing the rich elites shovelling their money into their own bank accounts week in, week out. instead of putting it back into the country for the benefit of the people.

Umm Thailand DOES have free health care and welfare benefits (admittedly the welfare is a joke but it's there)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please if your talking about 2010 crack down on those holding Bangkok as Hostages !! They were not freedom fighters call them what they really were ​TERRORISTS !! Funny how the Red Shirt Flag Waver minions only cry when one of their own TERRORISTS die !! But stand up and cheer when children are mowed down and killed buy their hands !! Ya and you call them freedom fighters they deserved everything they got !! makes me sick when you and the other minions like to spread your lies all the time.

Have a nice day

• Like 2

What?

Too difficult to understand? Let me try and make it simpler. If the red shirt terrorists hadn't occupied downtown Bangkok for months on end in 2010, disrupted businesses (many of them their own supporters) and made it into a actual war zone with their constant shootings and bombings, there would have been no crackdown.

Let me make it simple for you. It involves third grade arithmetic, so you may not be quite ready for it yet, but do give it a try. Its helps to stretch soft, unformed minds.

Count the bodies.

Also, I am politically neutral, but seems you are not. You constantly refer to the red shirts as "terrorists", but not the yellow shirts or PDRC, although they also are engaged in political demonstrations.. Are you advocating against multi-party democracy? Are you engaging in the racist conceit that the red shirts are merely "buffaloes" and their lives and interests are unimportant? Do you really believe that millions of people who feel they have had a raw deal in Thailand are actually manipulated by a shadowy puppet master in Dubai. That they have no independent minds or morals or interests. You sir, are sad.

Count the bodies caused by the red shirt terrorists that were amassing BEFORE the Army crackdown and you'll see WHY it happened. Cause and effect as I said before. The red shirts were the cause of the unrest and the effect was the crackdown by the Army.

And no, you're not politically neutral in any way, shape or form lol . . . and neither am I . . . no one is.

Also, please, don't put words in my mouth. I'll condemn the PRDC as terrorists when I see something they have done that justifies it. I have condemned violence previously on both sides of this for many years if you check my posting history.

As for your "racist conceit" remark . . . sticks and stones etc . . . but you're putting words in my mouth here and with your subsequent remarks.

Are the (in your words) red shirt buffaloes being manipulated by Thaksin? Hell yes! lol . . . if you can't see that then you truly are blind . . . since Thaksin moved from Police to Govt he has done nothing BUT manipulate everyone and everything to his own benefit.

"no independent minds or morals or interests" . . . not quite what I would have said, but there is certainly a lack of independent thought and analysis, the knowing of right from wrong, outright greed and arrogance, lack of morality and integrity across a wide range of social divides here.

To end . . . you sir, are blind AND sad.

• Like 2

What?

Count the bodies.

I know tensor calculus.

I can comprehend more than counting bodies.

Please inform us of the number of army and police casualties during that period.

How many from gun shot wounds?

Please tell us on what day huge C4 explosive packs were detonated on the main

power pylons feeding Bangkok in a terrorist attempt to drop the city into darkness?

Now recount how many soldiers where killed on that very same night. ?

Now, on what day of the red protests did the reds start to cover and disable

BTS and other public surveillance cameras to prevent observation of their actions?

(hint, before day 2)

Bring your self to the level of basic introductory logic, and tell us if the Army was

facing only innocent country folk or were facing organized domestic terrorism.

Bonus science question, why did the two massive jet fuel storage tanks not

explode when hit with RPG rockets, even though they were full at the time?

Based on your answer, did the person(s) who fired the RPGs at the jet fuel

storage tanks know they would not explode? Yes, or no.

(Never mind exploding petrol trucks, RPGs fired at hotels, and evacuating hospitals,

the above 3 points are sufficient to know what was coming down)

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

Thailand is obviously not ready for a democracy as we know it in the West, maybe in 40-50 years.

If we can not get it our way we try to shut down the country and cry like babies, is what both sides do.

Maybe a coup is not the worst that could happen with the country run by the armed forces and police together. Probably would be the most peaceful time in Thailand for years.

"If we can not get it our way we try to shut down the country and cry like babies, is what both sides do."

No! not both sides, just the side that can not accept the democratic vote.

The military have no right to meddle in politics. Who the hell does Prayuth think he is? By rights, this monster should be stripped of his rank for his continued threats to launch a coup.

Moving out because of the way things are going!!!! Even though you are way over reacting I wouldn't dream of trying to stop you.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten that the black shirts started it all and we all know who was behind that don't we.

The one good thing to come out of the 2006 insurrection was the demise of Sae Dheng - now he was a nasty piece of work and taking him out was the best thing that could have happened!!

• Like 1

More veiled threats from this traitor. If he and the courts had not threatened the police telling them not to uphold law and order, the butcher of bangkok and his fascist hordes would have been cleared off the streets months ago.

The army is the problem here, democracy cannot prevail with an army constantly meddling on behalf of the old guard.

• Like 2

Moving out because of the way things are going!!!! Even though you are way over reacting I wouldn't dream of trying to stop you.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten that the black shirts started it all and we all know who was behind that don't we.

The one good thing to come out of the 2006 insurrection was the demise of Sae Dheng - now he was a nasty piece of work and taking him out was the best thing that could have happened!!

" The one good thing to come out of the 2006 insurrection was the demise of Sae Dheng - now he was a nasty piece of work"

Yeah, we don't want anybody with expertise fighting on the side of democracy do we.

The general was murdered by Sutheps fascist thugs!

I am not sure he has made 'continual threats to launch a coup'. If he has, I'd be pleased for you to post chapter and verse here. Indeed, many people, Thai people, trust the army far more than the police who are perceived as self-serving and corrupt to the extreme. The army, on the other hand, serves the people and the King and are not corrupt. A coup is not necessarily a bad thing for this country. If the civilians are unable to run the country and are always self serving and corrupt, or they allow the country to be run as a regime outside of the constitution as we have seen recently, then a coup can help restore normalcy and the rule of law. Obviously many wicked lies have been repeated here and in the red media and by the red leadership abut the last coup because this serves their agenda. Indeed Thaksin and his acolytes fear the military more than the Thai people. The people can be manipulated, the military cannot (not for the want of trying either). The real monster is in Dubai and if he just left this country alone and stopped his power and money grabbing games, then a coup, as described, would not be necessary. So I am sorry to see that your Mr Noob, is just repeating the propaganda, instigated by Thaksin's PR advisors, instead of thinking deeply about these issues and coming to a more serious conclusion.

• Like 1

They don't if politicians don't meddle in corruption and violence. Don't be a 'noob'

" The one good thing to come out of the 2006 insurrection was the demise of Sae Dheng - now he was a nasty piece of work"

Yeah, we don't want anybody with expertise fighting on the side of democracy do we.

Quit trolling or seek medical help. No offence meant. The general was a renegade who led an armed insurrection against the legitimate government at that time. He swore his allegiance. He was nothing but the traitor.

I am a soldier of the Royal Thai Army.

I will perform my duty for the country, religions, monarchy, and people.

I will perform my duty, while supporting others, for the benefit of the nation.

I will be physically and mentally tough.

I will train myself with determination and perseverance to become proficient in combats.

I will dedicate myself for the success of my mission.

I will fight the enemies of my country to protect my people.

I will sacrifice my life to protect my country's sovereignty and the Monarchy.

I will never leave a fallen comrade, dead or injured.

Because I am a soldier of the Royal Thai Army.

Edited by Mackie

Prayuth has not sided with either side

Of course he has. Every government official in Thailand has, along with pretty well every businesswoman, media worker and poster to this oasis of misogyny. Prayuth has specifically and purposely sided with the government over and over, and said he has. On Wednesday he said the armed forces cannot disregard the authority of the caretaker government as called for by anti-government protesters.

This is why the whole concept of "neutral" prime minister is silly. There are lots and lots of *_fair_* people, but there is no such thing as a neutral one. Every Thai worth knowing has done something to help or line up with one or both or many sides. If they haven't they're brain dead and useless.

Everyone who knows anything knows Prayuth's political views. Everyone also knows his reasons for not ordering his troops to act on those views for the past five months. That is a long, long way from saying he has not sided with certain people or "side".

• Like 1

Here's a stat for you , did you know that the American army is ten times larger than the Thai army, but for reasons unbeknown other than by themselves, the thai army has ten times the Generals.

You saw that coming though, did'nt you .

• Like 1

Quit trolling or seek medical help. No offence meant. The general was a renegade who led an armed insurrection against the legitimate government at that time. He swore his allegiance. He was nothing but the traitor.

I am a soldier of the Royal Thai Army.

I will perform my duty for the country, religions, monarchy, and people.

I will perform my duty, while supporting others, for the benefit of the nation.

I will be physically and mentally tough.

I will train myself with determination and perseverance to become proficient in combats.

I will dedicate myself for the success of my mission.

I will fight the enemies of my country to protect my people.

I will sacrifice my life to protect my country's sovereignty and the Monarchy.

I will never leave a fallen comrade, dead or injured.

Because I am a soldier of the Royal Thai Army.

If Churchill after the second world war had decided to colonise this country, and there are many thai's out there who wish it had happened, not just then, but way back in time, this guy would have made it to corporal. lol

I am not sure he has made 'continual threats to launch a coup'. If he has, I'd be pleased for you to post chapter and verse here. Indeed, many people, Thai people, trust the army far more than the police who are perceived as self-serving and corrupt to the extreme. The army, on the other hand, serves the people and the King and are not corrupt. A coup is not necessarily a bad thing for this country. If the civilians are unable to run the country and are always self serving and corrupt, or they allow the country to be run as a regime outside of the constitution as we have seen recently, then a coup can help restore normalcy and the rule of law. Obviously many wicked lies have been repeated here and in the red media and by the red leadership abut the last coup because this serves their agenda. Indeed Thaksin and his acolytes fear the military more than the Thai people. The people can be manipulated, the military cannot (not for the want of trying either). The real monster is in Dubai and if he just left this country alone and stopped his power and money grabbing games, then a coup, as described, would not be necessary. So I am sorry to see that your Mr Noob, is just repeating the propaganda, instigated by Thaksin's PR advisors, instead of thinking deeply about these issues and coming to a more serious conclusion.

The army is not corrupt???? I have heard it all now,i presume that was a joke.

• Like 2

"Suppose you work in a company, and you decide to protest against the company owner," Gen. Prayuth asked the reporter instead

What a berk! Thailand isn't a company even though Thaksin saw himself as self appointed CEO of Thailand.

Maybe if you want people to behave like employees, then how about a profit share scheme or similar, or let the people reap the rewards for their efforts, like free healthcare or welfare benefits, instead of stuffing it in the pockets of the elite? If these clowns from both sides, weren't so far removed from reality, they'd realise the people are fed up seeing the rich elites shovelling their money into their own bank accounts week in, week out. instead of putting it back into the country for the benefit of the people.

Umm Thailand DOES have free health care and welfare benefits (admittedly the welfare is a joke but it's there)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No it doesn't have free healthcare - it did when Abhisit was in power but Yingluck stopped this and made people pay for their care!!!!

The army is not corrupt???? I have heard it all now,i presume that was a joke.

the poster you are referring to, has apparently checked his brain at immigration. Not corrupt. My lord, I have seen some rose tinted farangs in Thailand, but this really is something very very special.

• Like 1

We are all entitled to our opinions on these matters & mine is that he has been very tactful and correct in his position, actions and responses during this difficult 4+ months. What other way could he respond to such loaded questions under these circumstances. If he wanted a coup it would have been dome months ago. He knows this is not in LOS vbest interests. Just out of curiosity, what is your opinion of the way the police have handled their expected impartiality during the same 4+ months or so?

Prayuth has not sided with either side

Of course he has. Every government official in Thailand has, along with pretty well every businesswoman, media worker and poster to this oasis of misogyny. Prayuth has specifically and purposely sided with the government over and over, and said he has. On Wednesday he said the armed forces cannot disregard the authority of the caretaker government as called for by anti-government protesters.

This is why the whole concept of "neutral" prime minister is silly. There are lots and lots of *_fair_* people, but there is no such thing as a neutral one. Every Thai worth knowing has done something to help or line up with one or both or many sides. If they haven't they're brain dead and useless.

Everyone who knows anything knows Prayuth's political views. Everyone also knows his reasons for not ordering his troops to act on those views for the past five months. That is a long, long way from saying he has not sided with certain people or "side".

Oh please! Sided with the government? that's a joke, if he had he would have let the police do their duty in enforcing the law and protected the election like he promised, instead he's sat on his hands, refused to rule out a coup and put the army on the streets against the wishes of the government.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He has got a point but he has no right to air it publicly, it's not his job to do that. He should be apolitical, end of. I also wonder about this "special way", sounds like fun

• Like 1