TOT Fiber 2U or AIS Airnet

pj123

We are currently using TOT 12 mb ADSL and have constant problems with the connection dropping and as everywhere else becoming sluggish on the weekends and evenings. We would also like to speed up the upload of large files as email attachments.

We are considering buying a second service for the home office to run alongside TOT, either Fiber 2U or Airnet. We are in Lamlukka.

Choice would be either Fiber 2U 20/2 for 1290 or Airnet Homeplus 15/15 for 1290. We were told we needed "HomePlus" Airnet rather than the cheaper "Home" product as we are running a CCTV system linked to the internet.

I have read through the various posts but would be interested if anyone has experience of both systems?

By the way I also use Bittorrent (approx 5gb a week download).

Thank you.

Why bother buying same tot connection in fiber mode and keep tot adsl together?

tot is a bad choice no matter what. AIS Airnet is not any better but atleast they give better upload speeds.

Packages are 7/7 or 10/4 for basic and 10/10 or 15/5 for more expensive package.

If you'll keep tot adsl along with this one, why not connect cctv to TOT dsl and use ais airnet 15/5 or 10/10 package without plus option (and pay less)

Why bother buying same tot connection in fiber mode and keep tot adsl together?

tot is a bad choice no matter what. AIS Airnet is not any better but atleast they give better upload speeds.

Packages are 7/7 or 10/4 for basic and 10/10 or 15/5 for more expensive package.

If you'll keep tot adsl along with this one, why not connect cctv to TOT dsl and use ais airnet 15/5 or 10/10 package without plus option (and pay less)

That is a good suggestion to use the TOT asdl for the cctv but it can be very sluggish to connect sometimes.

Random thoughts, off the cuff....

I'd sort out the issues with your existing DSL line, it shouldn't "...have constant problems with the connection dropping...". The solution to getting a sharp stick in the eye isn't always to ask for sharp sticks in both eyes.

Maybe off-load your BT activities to a local seedbox for less than 300 baht/month.

Talk to neighbors to see what they use, and how it works for them. I know this is painful for some, and results in all sorts of "excuses": "nobody 'round here has internet". Asking here, where any Somchai, Dick or Nigel from basically anywhere in the Kingdom will offer "experiences", may solicit interesting comments but unless they live near you, said comments will be useless. Additionally, said comments usually are limited to either, "they suck", or they're great".

Very generally speaking, you should not assume that those AIS AirNet numbers are in anyway achievable.

Edited by lomatopo

I changed from TOT adsl 10/.5 to TOT Fiber2U 15/1, it was faster

the first few weeks,then slowly has dropped to the same as I was

getting with adsl,(but was paying more for it), as I was the first and

so far the only one in my MooBahn to have it installed,expect it to

be slower again as more users are added,the only up point,both

adsl and the Fiber2U have been reliable and never drops.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

I changed from TOT adsl 10/.5 to TOT Fiber2U 15/1, it was faster

the first few weeks,then slowly has dropped to the same as I was

getting with adsl,(but was paying more for it), as I was the first and

so far the only one in my MooBahn to have it installed,expect it to

be slower again as more users are added,the only up point,both

adsl and the Fiber2U have been reliable and never drops.

regards Worgeordie

Thats helpful. Thank you.