73 Political parties invited to discuss next general election

webfact

73 Political parties invited to discuss next general election
By Digital Content

13964889038423.jpg

BANGKOK, April 3 – Thailand’s Election Commission (EC) has resolved to invite 73 political parties to attend a discussion to set an appropriate date for the next general election.

EC Secretary Ggeneral Puchong Nutrawong said the meeting is scheduled for April 22 but the EC plans to meet with senior security officials to assess the political conflicts and discuss measures to prevent polling disruption as was the case on Feb 2.

The Feb 2 general election took place without balloting in 28 constituencies in eight southern provinces following obstruction by anti-government protesters.

The Constitution Court subsequently nullified the general election, reasoning that it was against the law if voters fail to vote throughout the country on the same day.

Mr Puchong said he hoped senior officials of security agencies will join the meeting, adding that a royal decree must be issued to announce a new general election within 60 days.

A caretaker government has limited power in its administration including transfers of senior officials and budget approval, he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-04-03

Nobody expects this election to take place. As the meeting to discuss and set an election date with 73 political parties not until April 22, that would push an election to June at the earliest. With a key Constitutional Court ruling this month on the Tawil transfer - a transfer that has been deemed to be unconstitutional in every court ruling in the previous ten months - including most recently the Supreme Administrative Court - and that ruling was unanimous - that will likely be the tipping point.

• Like 1

Election is bad for Thiland becuase people in the South still sell their vote.

Thailand must go for an appointed government.

If this is not meant to be satire then I think you should buy a new map and compass

Nobody expects this election to take place. As the meeting to discuss and set an election date with 73 political parties not until April 22, that would push an election to June at the earliest. With a key Constitutional Court ruling this month on the Tawil transfer - a transfer that has been deemed to be unconstitutional in every court ruling in the previous ten months - including most recently the Supreme Administrative Court - and that ruling was unanimous - that will likely be the tipping point.

tipping point fingers crossed..even the other side on here know they have had their day enough is enough..but so little choice alas..

73 political parties and only one that refuses to take part in elections. It's a mystery to me why the 72 other parties can't sweep the coup mongers into the dustbin of history and just get on with running the country.

Nobody expects this election to take place. As the meeting to discuss and set an election date with 73 political parties not until April 22, that would push an election to June at the earliest. With a key Constitutional Court ruling this month on the Tawil transfer - a transfer that has been deemed to be unconstitutional in every court ruling in the previous ten months - including most recently the Supreme Administrative Court - and that ruling was unanimous - that will likely be the tipping point. [/quote

Why should the election not take place? Are they no longer to have elections in the bright new future you so enthusiastically proclaim?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now what is happening , is it reform before elections or elections before reforms , now if it is the former , the talk feast is just another get together for the boys club, which ever way you jump, there will be protesters on the street , catch 22 really.coffee1.gif

73 political parties and only one that refuses to take part in elections. It's a mystery to me why the 72 other parties can't sweep the coup mongers into the dustbin of history and just get on with running the country.

was it only 1 party?

On a different note, it's no wonder things can't move forward - what other country has 70+ parties running for office?

• Like 1

73? Some might call them political parties, others might call them Chiefdoms.

I think the word you're looking for is fiefdoms.

Or is it thiefdoms?

Thiefdoms, definitely.

Oh by the way, once upon a time there was something called the "Weimar-Republic" in Germany (Some 30 parties putting-up a similar show as we have the privilege to witness in Thailand today..)

But then, an expat from Austria came along and then there was only 1 party left.

Cheers.

Typical red spin bs from mr.S.Sheeple same as ever, I expect nothing more from you.

No rush, let PT Yingluck be impeached aandd PT kicked out first, then let's have some reform and add to the constitution that no fugitive's on the run will be allowed any say and if there is any proof of such a fugitive trying to influence party politics then all members of that party will be instantly banned.

THEN let's think about elections...

I wonder how many of these 73 parties are on the Shin payroll ? Anybody know where we can get a list of all 73 please ?

was it only 1 party?

On a different note, it's no wonder things can't move forward - what other country has 70+ parties running for office?

I'd say it was a sign of a healthy democracy. The USA has only two parties, in effect, and if you're not in one or the other you have no chance of getting elected to anything. A two party state is only slightly better than a one party state.

73? Some might call them political parties, others might call them Chiefdoms.

I think the word you're looking for is fiefdoms.

Or is it thiefdoms?

Thiefdoms, definitely.

Oh by the way, once upon a time there was something called the "Weimar-Republic" in Germany (Some 30 parties putting-up a similar show as we have the privilege to witness in Thailand today..)

But then, an expat from Austria came along and then there was only 1 party left.

Cheers.

A simple introduction of a 5% minimum vote barrier to get elected into parlament would solve this many party issue.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you mean running the country into the ground. When does the owner of the PTP has stolen enough ? Please take your head out of the sand!