Anyone know the approximate cost of running CTH sports channels in a small bar?

Mobi

I'm trying to get an idea of the approximate cost to have CTH sports channels running in a small bar, with two, 30-50 inch TV screens.

The CTH website only seems to cater for home users, as far as I can see....

I'm in the Pattaya area if it makes any difference.

Thanks for any useful info.

Mobi

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I will contact the local rep but I just wanted to get a feel for the prices first, as there are no prices listed on their website for commercial licences. They say 'Call and get a quote.' This makes me a bit suspicious that they can 'wheel and deal' and screw as much out of you as possible.

2,780 Baht sounds about the right price range, (wasn't True Platinum 2k per month for a private residence?), but I confess I am puzzled by the price the bar- owner paid CTH at the bar I am taking over.

The bill is in Thai, but is seems to be for two x 30-50 inch TV's/boxes and is only for 7,800 baht, plus another bill for 1,800. the bill definitely states for use in restaurant/bar and the bar owner insists it is for one year. That seems very cheap to me, as I see the domestic rates on their website are quoted at 900 Baht/month for the premier package.

Maybe the bar owner got a special offer?

Hence my desire to check it out a bit before calling.

Anyway, thanks.

Edited by Mobi

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I will contact the local rep but I just wanted to get a feel for the prices first, as there are no prices listed on their website for commercial licences. They say 'Call and get a quote.' This makes me a bit suspicious that they can 'wheel and deal' and screw as much out of you as possible.

2,780 Baht sounds about the right price range, (wasn't True Platinum 2k per month for a private residence?), but I confess I am puzzled by the price the bar- owner paid CTH at the bar I am taking over.

The bill is in Thai, but is seems to be for two x 30-50 inch TV's/boxes and is only for 7,800 baht, plus another bill for 1,800. the bill definitely states for use in restaurant/bar and the bar owner insists it is for one year. That seems very cheap to me, as I see the domestic rates on their website are quoted at 900 Baht/month for the premier package.

Maybe the bar owner got a special offer?

Hence my desire to check it out a bit before calling.

Anyway, thanks.

I have 2 TV's both 42 inch! Because I had a C band dish already all I had to do is buy the 2 boxes at Tesco for 1800 Baht each! Then called CTH and they bill me 599 Baht for each TV monthly. The boxes come with a card inside with a barcode which I pay at 7/11 !! By the way I am a small bar and restaurant!

Commercial premises pay a Premium rate depending on the size of the TVs. It cost about 10,000 Baht deposit and installation plus 90,000 Baht for 3 years contract in advance for 2 50" TVs. The 90,000 Baht covers the first 2 years and the third year is free.

I got mine from the shop next to Index on Sukhumvit Rd.

hey charge one rate for TVs under 32" a higher rate for 32" - 60" and another for 60"+

Edited by paulissa

Even though I paid 3 years in advance I have had issues with being cut off regularly because I have not paid the monthly bill that CTH still insist on issuing, so I would recommend anyone taking out a subscription does it monthly until the CTH accounts department gets sorted out.