Setttlement UK wife and daughter , application process on new site questions ?

I am Just starting applications for settlement for my Thai wife and her Daughter (my step daughter).

pretty much the first question on the site is:

Am I applying myself or am i applying for someone else .

Do i select myself as it is essentially it is her (My wifes ) application and i am filling it in for her .(she dosn't read or write English that well)

then do i need to open another account with them for the Daughter or just select on the bar at the top Apply for someone else , as she is only 5 and unable to do it herself .

I know its probably obvious to most people but not me , its not explained that well .

Thanks for any help .

Thanks O.G . Its Nice to have your input and very reasuring .

"Helping" her fill it in ...LOL ....It used to ask at the end if you have had help filling the forms in if i remember right .

I saw the FAQ at the top of the page a bit too late . and it does explain about only one account . but thanks anyway .

I am most of the way through the application forms at the moment but I do have some questions , and wonder how other people have found the new forms .

1. Have you elected to depart the uk ( well yes they have been on visit visas and they "elected" to leave when it was time to go home . But some how i don't think they mean this . I have put no at the moment . any thoughts ????

2 Most of the answer box's are not long enough ie issuing authority of passport cannot fit "Ministry of Foreign Affairs "

3 regarding my step daughter on the old visit visa they asked if she had been known by any other names . But not on this new doccument . I will be submitting the 3 diferent name changes and the translated docs that we used for the visit visa anyway .But I wonder why they have not reffered to it in the application .

The usual silly questions about work status . when i have already told them her age is 5 (yes maybe legal working age in some country's ) but not here i think ??

These inconsistency's along with others make me wonder if I am filling in the correct Application.

Any thoughts ?

Sorry I just re read your reply . It seems I miss understood your reply . "we" have completed 2 applications from the same account .
one for "myself" Mrs Matsky . and then one for "someone else " Mrs Matsky's Daughter as she is only 5 andsurely cannot be expected to set up her own account and make her own Application .

The FAQ I refered to was

"I want to create another Application. Do I need to create a new account?
No. You will not be able to register a new account under the same email address. To create a new application, log in to your existing account and click on Apply For Myself or Apply For Someone Else.

If you could clear this up i would be very gratefull

1. Have you elected to depart the UK ( well yes they have been on visit visas and they "elected" to leave when it was time to go home. But some how I don't think they mean this. I have put no at the moment, any thoughts ???? - You're right, that means have they elected to leave voluntary, rather than been removed.

2 Most of the answer box's are not long enough i.e. issuing authority of passport cannot fit "Ministry of Foreign Affairs " - Wouldn't worry too much, they have the passports, just put MFA.

The usual silly questions about work status, when I have already told them her age is 5 (yes maybe legal working age in some country's) but not here I think ?? - I would just put N/A, it's a generic form, one size fits all.

It would make sense for your wife to complete the application for her young daughter, so I would get your wife to do so and whilst you will be doing the form it will read as if your wife is doing it.

• Like 1