No front defrost on 2012 Toyota Vios?

If you want heater or working front defrost vents in a Thai car or truck, you have to buy a model with climate control AC. Simple as that.

I have never encountered climate control on any vehicle made in Thailand. Can you tell me which pickup has this?

Wildtrak 3.2 has. Auto Climate control

Also the latest 4WD 3.0 Vigo too from memory

• Like 1

If you want heater or working front defrost vents in a Thai car or truck, you have to buy a model with climate control AC. Simple as that.

I have never encountered climate control on any vehicle made in Thailand. Can you tell me which pickup has this?

Wildtrak 3.2 has. Auto Climate control

Also the latest 4WD 3.0 Vigo too from memory

Mitsu Triton double cab 4x4 also has climate control.

As i spend a fair amount of time in the North of Thailand and Northern Laos, I would love to have a heater system on my truck. Does anyone know of an after-market solution to this?

It would also be a boon to anyone thinking of shipping there car to colder climes.

at present I address the problem by having the air on at its lowest (warmest) setting and using it to remove as much moisture from the air inside the car as possible - thus reducing the amount of condensation. (it helps to set the vents to recycle cabin air)

A number of pick up exporters fit heaters to these trucks.

Try one of them.

Google will get you started.

Just run your AC on cold with the windows up and all the windows will become clear as it is the humidity in the car that causes them to steam up. AC de humidifies the air.

Sorry but just the opposite is true. Speaking from my experience last rainy season the cold inside caused condensation on the glass just like on a cold beverage. If I can get plumbing added to that vent I'll blow air to the windshield with the aircon off.

I never had an issue defrosting the inside by running the air on. As other said, you need your vent set to recycle cabin air. It's not as good as having vents on your windscreen but works after a while. I had an old Mitsubishi pick up for years.

I don't think fitting vents would be worth it, having people ripping apart your dash to fit it and subsequent rattles / problems.

I have a fiesta and subaru xv, both have heaters and window defrosters. I guess the realised it was cheaper to just fit them as same as the export models rather than fitting a different fascia.

Crank your AC up, set to recycle the cabin air and give it time, you should be fine. Maybe the Vios is just a bit different than pickups in this regard. Plenty of newer cars have the full vent systems like the Fiesta.

Just run your AC on cold with the windows up and all the windows will become clear as it is the humidity in the car that causes them to steam up. AC de humidifies the air.

Sorry but just the opposite is true. Speaking from my experience last rainy season the cold inside caused condensation on the glass just like on a cold beverage. If I can get plumbing added to that vent I'll blow air to the windshield with the aircon off.

Having the air con on - will de-humidify the air INSIDE the car if you have it on "recycle" setting. You don't need it on maximum cool just set it to minimum with the blower on. this should take a lot of the moisture out of the cab. Any condensation should then be on the outside of the vehicle and clearable with a stroke of the wipers.

Of course sweaty passengers don't help.

Having the air con on - will de-humidify the air INSIDE the car if you have it on "recycle" setting. You don't need it on maximum cool just set it to minimum with the blower on. this should take a lot of the moisture out of the cab. Any condensation should then be on the outside of the vehicle and clearable with a stroke of the wipers.

Of course sweaty passengers don't help.