Visa For 3 Months And 13 Days

Hi,

First some details:

Home country: Sweden

Criminal record: No

Travelplan: Sweden -> Thailand -> Malaysia -> Thailand -> Stockholm

I'm planning a trip to Thailand this fall. The total duration of the trip is 113 days. I wish to travel by plane from Stockholm to Bangkok on 1st of October and have a return flight from Bangkok on 13th of Januari.

I'm also planning to cross the border to Malaysia and stay there for some time.

Now my question is what kind of Visa do I need? Will it be enough to get 30-day on arrival in Bangkok and then another 30 days when entering from Malaysia? Or do I have to apply for a visa from my home country (Sweden)?

That means staying one month in Thailand then moving on to Malaysia for a lttle more than one month then returning to Thailand for another 30 days.

Any tips, suggestions or warnings?

Thanks in advance,

Eztefan

That means staying one month in Thailand then moving on to Malaysia for a lttle more than one month then returning to Thailand for another 30 days.

Any tips, suggestions or warnings?

you could get a 30 days on arrival visa, leave and come back for another 30 days.

or

you could visit the thai embassy/consulate in sweden and try and get a double entry 60 or <90 if possible> day tourist right before you leave. you can also get extensions once in thailand from thai immigration.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried reading the rules here and there but it is really a djungle.

Ohh.. and I forgot to mention, I don't have a ticket or anything that shows I will go to Malaysia from Thailand as I plan on doing this by bus. Can this cause any trouble? I've heard something about that there can be troubles when leaving from an airport with destination Bangkok and you do not have any proof of leaving Thailand within 30 days. Who should I discuss this with, is it the Swedish customs, the airline or the embassy of Thailand.

Any further details is much appreciated.

Eztefan

Ohh.. and I forgot to mention, I don't have a ticket or anything that shows I will go to Malaysia from Thailand as I plan on doing this by bus. Can this cause any trouble? I've heard something about that there can be troubles when leaving from an airport with destination Bangkok and you do not have any proof of leaving Thailand within 30 days. Who should I discuss this with, is it the Swedish customs, the airline or the embassy of Thailand.

not swedish customs as that dept. is for incoming items sent to sweden, you need to contact a thai embassy/consulate in sweden. since you still have plenty of time you can ask them questions by phone and find out if you can send your passport or come in for a good tourist visa. try and get a better visa than arriving for a 30 day stamp.

You should obtain a visa for Thailand before your departure. Without this the airline can refuse to let you travel as you do not qualify for entry without visa with your travel plans. The airline is your greatest concern on this matter and even if they say ok the person checking you in must agree. Get a tourist visa, at least for your first entry here.