Suthep Will Ask HM King To Appoint Himself As Coup Leader

Lite Beer

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure and plain propaganda from Khaosod!!!!

Be very careful what you read and hear these days. Everyone is out to discredit each other.

If Suthep really had said these things he would have said them on stage in front of everyone.

Yes, he did say be prepared.

He never said he would be Coup Leader or supreme commander.

• Like 1

Hahahahahahaha

Same old, same old Thaksin funded Khaosod.

Twisting everything for their pro government agenda and just like the photoshopped pictures of the red rally, strictly for the idiots and the morons, that have suckered in the same old red terror fans.

You really could not make this up..... Khasod did though and the real idiots drunk it all down.

I swear my Thai wife is in hysterics at these red farang..... 'stupider than Thai'.

LOL, it looks like a number posters have been taken in by an article written like an April fools day prank, no, that is not accurate reporting. Written by the other side it might read "Thaksin said as soon as he returns he will buy all the votes from everyone for democracy and suck all the money from the country to ensure fairness of his dictatorship" Yeah, right.

• Like 1

"We will have something like Article 17 [of 1959 Administrative Charter] as the highest law," Mr. Suthep said, referring to the charter article which allowed Field Marshal Sarit to fight suspected Communist threats by all means, " will be able to order anyone to be executed by firing squad, but I will only freeze assets".

Once His Majesty the King signed his approval for the "people's coup", Mr. Suthep said, he will proceed to appoint National Legislative Assemby and "People's Council" as two unelected legislative bodies to engage in "reforms" for Thailand.

I am not quite sure about these ideas.

Compare with BP news they are very different

Yes, I think Khao Sod in English may have put a spin on this. He actually doesn't seem to be saying much different from he has been saying for weeks. They make it look as if he wants to be PM himself and have a clause allowing summary execution but actually he is still talking about making up a short list of 'good people'. The threats of asset confiscation are not new either and may be a bargaining chip to get the Shins to the negotiating table. Confiscation of assets from the 'unusually wealthy' was permitted in the temporary charter after the 1991 coup but all assets were returned some time later and the politicians were declared 'usually wealthy' instead. Thanom's assets were confiscated in the 70s, however, and never returned to this day. The Abhisit govt missed a trick by not distributing Thaksin's confiscated B46bn to the poor. Now Suthep is fantasising about confiscating more Shin assets and using them to compensate the farmers they swindled.

"We will have something like Article 17 [of 1959 Administrative Charter] as the highest law," Mr. Suthep said, referring to the charter article which allowed Field Marshal Sarit to fight suspected Communist threats by all means, " will be able to order anyone to be executed by firing squad, but I will only freeze assets".

Once His Majesty the King signed his approval for the "people's coup", Mr. Suthep said, he will proceed to appoint National Legislative Assemby and "People's Council" as two unelected legislative bodies to engage in "reforms" for Thailand.

I am not quite sure about these ideas.

Well I, for one, am sure that it's the ravings of a lunatic. He should be taken away for a nap, preferably in a padded cell.

Edit to add... if that's what he actually said, I see it's being disputed.

Edited by AleG

Keeping in mind that there is no possible way to speak on this subject without conflicting with ThaiVisa's rules of conduct
Let's just game this out:

So what if Suthep is stupid enough to go through with this pan- and assuming no member of the Royal family engages with the request- then what?

Is a refusal tantamount to opposition? =\

This seems extra sketchy, even for mad dog Suthep.

The point is

How can you call the red shirts Dill brains as one poster did, when approx 60% of TVF members have fallen for this article

It seems that Farlang and Red shirts can easily be led down the pathway with only a few words made up to stir the masses

Photo includes a quenelle , intentionally or otherwise. But this guy's a complete fruit loop. Reform first? Make that TOTAL control

How totally ludicrous. Maybe he's an anti-Semite? Maybe a quenelle is a kind of duck? Maybe nobody in Thailand has any xxxxxxx idea what a quenelle is? <deleted>.

Thailand's biggest problem is not the Shinawatra mafia clan, cause you can use the courts to get rid of them. No, the main problem of this country is that there seems to be no alternative. Suthep has swallowed his whistle if what's written here is true! The only way forward is to reform police, the justice system, throw Thaksin in jail through Interpol and have new elections.

Throw Thaskin in jail, yeap that will calm things down, then have new elections which the Reds would win and another Chin would head up. Fact is democracy will mean a Red government for the foreseeable future. How do you reform the police???

Keeping in mind that there is no possible way to speak on this subject without conflicting with ThaiVisa's rules of conduct

Let's just game this out:

So what if Suthep is stupid enough to go through with this pan- and assuming no member of the Royal family engages with the request- then what?

Is a refusal tantamount to opposition? =\

This seems extra sketchy, even for mad dog Suthep.

Exactly.

Suthep is not so stupid... all you farang may think he is, but he is a wily old fox... Far from being stupid.

He knows he would never get a royal endorsement for a revolution. He would also never put his majesty in the position of having to make a decision like that.

He has not yet shown his hand regarding what actually the process is.

This has all been made up to stir up hatred for him, so that him and his movement will hopefully be attacked with unrelenting violence. That is all this stupid report is all about.......... incitement.

Suthep's an incredibly smart operator.

Never doubt that...... He has out-manouvered this government and all their so called legal experts constantly over the past 5 months and he will win this war for the people.

He also is well aware of the possible violence from the reds, I am sure he has plenty of plans laid out to thwart them.

The government lay out all their cards on the table on a daily basis about doing this next and that next... the smart poker player plays his cards close to his chest.... leaving people to guess and speculate.... he is laughing his tits off.

And where would he be without his adoring fans. Even Kermit thinks you're adorable.

Oh dear oh dear.

For all those people who said, Suthep doesn't want power himself, hmmmmmm.

Do people really want to give this bloke this absolute power to control anything. He needs to step away from the adulation of his own support.

It seems there are so many TVF members who have been taken as fools

My Thai wife and her friends where there and she says

Suthep never said any such thing

even some one is bad translating Thai, or some one is making fools out of Farlang who jump the min they her the word Suthep

The are thousands of Thais protesting and that includes my wife and her friends, who would never allow Suthep to take over the rule of the country, he is just a leader they put up with to bring the people together

Instead of jumping the gun, when do you not have the common sense to wait and see what the real leader sof the Dem Party have to say

Watched it live yesterday. I've not taken sides in this debacle but I do know he said nothing of the sort. This article is either absolute nonsense spin or extremely badly translated.

A. He did not say he'd be appointing himself as leader of anything other than the PDRC.

B. He called on all able-bodied people to come out of their homes and celebrate once victory has been achieved ... which he expects to occur in about fifteen days time.

• Like 2

Oh dear oh dear.

For all those people who said, Suthep doesn't want power himself, hmmmmmm.

Do people really want to give this bloke this absolute power to control anything. He needs to step away from the adulation of his own support.

It seems there are so many TVF members who have been taken as fools

My Thai wife and her friends where there and she says

Suthep never said any such thing

even some one is bad translating Thai, or some one is making fools out of Farlang who jump the min they her the word Suthep

The are thousands of Thais protesting and that includes my wife and her friends, who would never allow Suthep to take over the rule of the country, he is just a leader they put up with to bring the people together

Instead of jumping the gun, when do you not have the common sense to wait and see what the real leader sof the Dem Party have to say

Watched it live yesterday. I've not taken sides in this debacle but I do know he said nothing of the sort. This article is either absolute nonsense spin or extremely badly translated.

A. He did not say he'd be appointing himself as leader of anything other than the PDRC.

B. He called on all able-bodied people to come out of their homes and celebrate once victory has been achieved ... which he expects to occur in about fifteen days time.

I saw it too and you are right ... he never said anything like that.

The readers here are so gullible. Khao Sod is a red shirt newspaper.

It is completely wrong to bring HM the king into this.

• Like 2