Places to walk a dog in Hua Hin

pinkpanther99

Hi

Dog walkers of Hua Hin, where do you go to walk or give a bit of exercise to your favourite four legged friend.

I'm looking for your recommendations for somewhere to walk my dog without fear of running into packs of soi dogs.

Does such a place exist in Hua Hin (or even in Thailand) or is finding such place wishful thinking on my part?

If you go to a beach, which beach? Or anywhere in Hua Hin will do.

Thanks in advance

Pink Panther and his pet dog x

The only safe place I've ever found near Hua Hin is on the beach south of Takiab inside the Sea Pines Army camp. Soi dogs stay where there are people, hence food or trash nearby so you have to find a fairly deserted place to avoid them. If you go into Sea Pines cross the railroad and turn right (opposite direction from the golf course. In a few hundred meters there is a multistory hotel on the left and just past it is a dirt parking lot. Park in the back of the lot and walk through the pine trees to the beach and head south. I never saw any dogs and very few people on that stretch of beach which I guess runs all the way to Kao Tao. There are a few beach houses, but they are visitors quarters for high ranking Thai military officers so are rarely occupied.

The only disclaimer is that the last time I walked there was a bit over a year ago so it may have changed, but since this is military land I doubt it.

• Like 2

Yah, I second that. Thats definatley the least aggro place, Sea Pines. Nice and quiet, rarely see another dog. I did once get into a massive row with a bloody huge Australian lesbian there because she litteraly shouted at me "you should have your dog on a leash" which is not true but apart from that, all good.

If I can be arsed, I sometimes drive over to Cha Am Forrest Park which is just before Cha Am on the left. Nice big circuit to walk around, a few joggers and fammilies pottering around, nice big lake and the Thais are all friendly (in other words, they dont look at you like you are a nutter just because you have a big dog off its leash)

Its hard work walking your dog over here. Soi dogs going mental every 5 minutes even in remote areas just kills the tranquility for me, always on guard ready for the next kick off, its horrible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having three dogs myself I also looked for good places to walk them, other than the beach, which is lovely.

If your close by either the Pala U road, or soi 88, there is a good walking area there. Take soi 88, all the way up, follow the signs for Red Mountain, where you would turn left to Red Mountain, turn right instead, onto a dirt road, ( horse paddock on corner) follow this trail down, and you can park at the edge of the fields, nice walking thru the Mango trees, and there is water, for the dogs to swim in, not brilliantly clean, but ok. you can do a circle around, and it's somewhat shady.

From Pala U road you can access via Smart Homes, ( again a dirt trail ) and you will come to the same area. Or via Naturalville, and walk from there.

• 2 months later...

I have three small dogs and have been walking them on the quiet beach south of Sea Pines. Unfortunately yesterday a pack of soi dogs came for us (perhaps because I have 3 dogs and they saw us as another pack?). The only way we could get past them (and back to the car) was to walk in deep water and wait until they got bored with waiting xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png