DHL Office-Korat

Lefty

I found a phone number and called them to get info on new office location--it is a long way out of Korat on hyway 2. Supposed to be near that big new Wat on the right side when heading towards Saraburi. Guess I will revert to EMS for the future.

Lefty

If any of you Korattians (or whatever you like to call yourselves - "Ko-rats" came to mind but that seems rudetongue.png ) ever get round to using DHL I for one and probably a few others would be interested in their prices. Since Korat is the only collection point in Isaan and in case any Isaan dwellers ever feel the need to drive to Korat and hand over dollops of cash because

"when it simply just has to get there ........ (a day or two ahead of Thai Posts excellent EMS service)"

wai2.gif

A notional rate from Korat to London, 2 lbs 8.5X11X2 envelope p/u on 21APR... http://www.dhl.co.th/en.html
Results

+ / - Product Name Estimated Delivery Latest Booking Latest Pickup Estimated Price

EXPRESS 12:00 Friday, 25 April 2014, by 12:00 18:00 19:00 THB2,957.05

EXPRESS WORLDWIDE Friday, 25 April 2014, by the end of the day 18:00 19:00 THB2,112.93

Prices quoted are estimates based on the information you have supplied and are based on the Cash Account Rate in the Origin Country. Prices quoted may not include duties, taxes, customs charges or all surcharges and fees.

Please note the above transit time and price quotes are indicative and DHL has no liability or responsibility for differences between this indicative quote and the actual price or transit time. Your final transit time and price may differ based on the characteristics of actual shipper, the services requested, and the packages actually tendered to DHL. Please contact your local DHL Customer Service Center for more details about DHL services.

Edited by 55Jay

If any of you Korattians (or whatever you like to call yourselves - "Ko-rats" came to mind but that seems rudetongue.png ) ever get round to using DHL I for one and probably a few others would be interested in their prices. Since Korat is the only collection point in Isaan and in case any Isaan dwellers ever feel the need to drive to Korat and hand over dollops of cash because

"when it simply just has to get there ........ (a day or two ahead of Thai Posts excellent EMS service)"

wai2.gif

I usually just send DHL envelopes , cost to Houston is 900 baht 4 days. EMS is 600 baht.

Lefty

wai2.gif

I usually just send DHL envelopes , cost to Houston is 900 baht 4 days. EMS is 600 baht.

Lefty

So, if you go into their office and ask for an envelope to put in a few sheets of A4 (letter size or thereabouts to you US guys) it will be so much cheaper than the rates quoted by 55Jay? I'm surprised at that as the rates quoted by 55Jay and delivery duration are consistent with my recollections of what the result was when I enquired for sending a letter to the UK a few years ago. Maybe DHL do it supercheap to the US (volumes) but not Europe. I would also note surprise by your EMS comparator as a letter by EMS from here in eastern Isaan is 950 baht.

Thanks for the info - not challenging you Lefty - just trying to make sure we get to the bottom of fast-mailing options as it has been a source of discussion by Ubonites in recent weeks on ThaiV. Don't want to put you to any further inconvenience, so we can leave it at that and maybe someone else will chip in laterwai2.gif

wai2.gif

Lefty

So, if you go into their office and ask for an envelope to put in a few sheets of A4 (letter size or thereabouts to you US guys) it will be so much cheaper than the rates quoted by 55Jay? I'm surprised at that as the rates quoted by 55Jay and delivery duration are consistent with my recollections of what the result was when I enquired for sending a letter to the UK a few years ago. Maybe DHL do it supercheap to the US (volumes) but not Europe. I would also note surprise by your EMS comparator as a letter by EMS from here in eastern Isaan is 950 baht.

Thanks for the info - not challenging you Lefty - just trying to make sure we get to the bottom of fast-mailing options as it has been a source of discussion by Ubonites in recent weeks on ThaiV. Don't want to put you to any further inconvenience, so we can leave it at that and maybe someone else will chip in laterwai2.gif

I mailed an EMS envelope on April 9 to Baltimore Maryland, USA, received there April 14. Cost was 600 baht.The 600 baht rate has been in effect for a couple of years here in Korat.

Lefty

Well, I did make the notional parcel 2 pounds in weight, which is pretty heavy. I've never used this service, I just though it was amusing to find the link and experiment with the estimating function therein.

No need to wonder about it, use the link and give it a go ^ ^ thumbsup.gif

From experience when sending anything to Issan with DHL from the UK once it gets to Korat DHL simply post it via EMS for the remainder of the journey!

That may have changed. Ubonites report seeing DHL delivery vans buzzing around the town!

From experience when sending anything to Issan with DHL from the UK once it gets to Korat DHL simply post it via EMS for the remainder of the journey!

That may have changed. Ubonites report seeing DHL delivery vans buzzing around the town!

I think that`ll be another "hub" Santisuk.

The other major cities will have one as well as Korat but once here they will post it. My experience of this is less than a year old. To be fair it would be quite a task to deliver to the whole of Thailand and not economically viable probably.