Woman, 50, caught smuggling 2.5kg of 'ice' into Phuket

webfact

...without even reading the story......'surely someone else is to blame'........

Of course - prisons are always full of the innocent tongue.png .

How many cases of, 'I didn't know it was there', do you hear?

Do you ever hear, 'Mr Police, when I got home and unpacked my bags, I found this inside, so I'm here to turn it in to the authorities'?

• Like 1

Oh. So sorry. Which arm would you like that lethal injection in? Less messy than 15 bullets from a Heckler-Koch machine gun, but less incentive to stop being a mule. Or maybe not. When has capital punishment ever been a deterrent to drug smuggling? It's like Russian Roulette: Big payout if you win, a quick bit of finality if you lose. Live large and.....opsss! Humm?

its a pretty sad state of affairs , when you see this as the norm, why not allow her through customs and arrest her handler, the pawns are easy marks.

Probably because her handler is 'a somebody' here in the LOS.

...without even reading the story......'surely someone else is to blame'........

Of course - prisons are always full of the innocent tongue.png .

How many cases of, 'I didn't know it was there', do you hear?

Do you ever hear, 'Mr Police, when I got home and unpacked my bags, I found this inside, so I'm here to turn it in to the authorities'?

Your post reminded me of this story in an Australian newspaper.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-incidents/aussie-couple-in-bangkok-bagtamper-marijuana-scam-scare-20130826-2skug.html

This appeared to be a scam, but imagine if customs and/or police got to their bags before the scammers got to them.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

How many numpties can possibly fit into one photo op...Were they trying for a new record?

All waiting for the divvy out.... I bagsie the Lays chips the top guy says.

I wonder how many bags of naughties sailed through customs while this lot were off duty!

As much as you have to applaud the fact that an illegal substance has not made it to it's destination. You have to think, if they are only capturing the mules, dealers and users it's like bailing water out of your boat rather than getting the producers and distributors that would be like plugging the damned hole and cutting all supplies. I'm sure that there are a lot of well meaning people but putting a obviously desperate woman in gaol is clearly punitive and doesn't help any of the "victims". It would probably be punishment enough to take the drugs off her and leave her to the whim of her local contact or better yet use her to catch the local contact picking up the drugs.

It's probably not too hard to figure out reasons that those higher up the food chain are not captured.

Let's just hope that world governments change their course on victimless crime, allow free commerce (like they keep prognosticating about) and look for real criminals like murderers, thieves and others that deliberately aim to harm others.

Edited by horsewell

Poor little fish, chances are those who arrested her are in on the deal.

Chances are, the ones arresting were instructed to on behalf of their disgruntled bosses, unhappy at their cut and sending a message to 'the management'. Possible???

Why didn't the police follow the woman to find out who she was smuggling for .

Because that would require some initiative and a desire to get off their bottoms. The Thai police do the bare minimum work. And only if there is some personal profit for them.

• Like 1