Thai Divorce Laws -thai Married To A Thai

tariq

Guys

I've searched the forum but couldn't find a definitive answer. Hopefully someone can help explain the rules to me.

Some background info....

My thai GF is currently married but been separated for almost 18months after she found out he was cheating on her.

They have 2 kids which live with her husbands parents. He is now living with another thai woman but i'm not sure if its the same woman he was caught cheating with.

My GF sends money every month to her hubbies parents to help support her kids.

I'm looking to bring her to the UK on a visitor visa around October to December but worried about the existing marriage she has.

What are the rules? Can she legally divorce her husband without his concent after a certain period of separation? She doesn't want him to know she has a farang BF incase he tries to blackmail her.

Will the fact she is married affect her visitor visa application?

Help!!!

Cheers

Taz...

She needs to check at the District Office what evidence they require. Normally it is possible to divorce on the basis of the husband taking on a new "wife", or 3 years separation. Other than this the Provincial Court would need to rule on marriage breakdown if he left her for over 1 year.