Village Justice?

Crossy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like you're stuck in Thai culture, they won't admit, they won't take responsibility, they won't kill and you are the rich farang that can easily pay for new poultry.

If you push too hard on justice to be done you will cause "loosing face" to someone resulting in more trouble for you than you can imagine!

There are situations in Thailand where you just have to stay quiet, sometimes justice will be done, but many times you just have to forget your loss and consider it part of the cost of living in Thailand...

And this is the country that has government ministers who are really excited about it going into the ASEAN Community.

R

Gentlemen, please do not poison dogs. It's a horrendous death to watch. I had 6 of my farm dogs poisoned by a new thai neighbor. 4 of them died before I could induce vomiting with a teaspoon of salt water and an egg white. They all were poisoned mutiple times but each time they would come to me or my wife and we would quickly induce vomiting after the salt and egg white were given. It works if you catch it in time and they did not get a big dose.

But evil thais are persistent and learn by trial and error. The neighbor finally learned how he could get the dogs to consume a full lethal dose of pesticide. The most evil people use dried squid purchased from the local outdoor market. Squid you see, has a pouch and can be filled with pesticides so toxic that they kill within 10 minutes. I won't name it but it comes as blue crystals. Odorless and tasteless. A horrible chemical. Thailand has banned the product but the thais still know where to buy it under the counter.

If you dog is poisoned, use the strong solution of salt and water and one egg white. If the dog is big, do it twice. They will vomit it up along with the poison. You will see it mixed with the egg white. Also, very important, DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOG WATER. Water will intensify the poisons effects. I have seen this with my own eyes.

OK chaps let's keep this civil, a couple of off-topic posts removed.

Meanwhile the creature in question is still "on vacation", we have replacement geese, some ducks and bantam hens.

Looking forwards to a glut of eggs :P

I agree don't poison the dogs, a couple of ours have been and we've saved them with the egg method, didn't know about the saltwater, so thanks for that. We've had to muzzle one young boy dog for the moment. As far as other dogs entering our land to

get chickens, there are young blokes here with muskets, who always have a shot anyway. Never hit one yet (afaik), but

perfectly within your rights I am told. Wouldn't take the shotgun to them though.

• 2 weeks later...

Marked as read...

Thank-you for your clever, useful and insightful response!

Crossy, I started that 'Marked as read ... coffee1.gif ' - when I got tired of the Trolls in the General forum.

Apologies that somehow it made into your thread.

Marked as read...

Thank-you for your clever, useful and insightful response!

Crossy, I started that 'Marked as read ... coffee1.gif ' - when I got tired of the Trolls in the General forum.

Apologies that somehow it made into your thread.

Hey the Maked As Read comes from the cross platform of Social Media sites and is not owned or origanated from some Kee-Neow as Mister Know it All such as you portray to be...so put it aside and lie down....n'k ....

That must have been a distressing scene for you and your family. Sorry to hear this.

You have more control than I do.

I don't believe I could use a machete to kill a dog and poison baits might kill other innocent animals.

But I would have no hesitation dispatching the dog with a gun if I saw it again on my property.

I'd be a crap farmer. You guys are seriously awesome.

• 9 months later...

The neighbour's chickens roam our garden and ur dog occasionally chases and snaps. The wife told me we would probably have to pay for them, even if they were killed while invading our garden.

Thai logic. I dunno. The guy lets his chicken go to our garden where a dog stays and then would expect payment if they die, lol.

I've been told radiator coolant can be used to poison dogs and cats. I haven't tried it but my concern is if people leave it on the ground other species may partake of a drop or 2 and get ill. Cats are less of a problem as you can place the coolant up high away from dogs and other animals.

It's all very tame around here. The dog next door is starting to find other ways home, and avoid me, after I've shot him with marbles....from my trusty sling shot. Another mongrel appears from time to time but it bolts when it see's me!

Chickens wander everywhere. And not a chicken coup in sight!

I've been told radiator coolant can be used to poison dogs and cats. I haven't tried it but my concern is if people leave it on the ground other species may partake of a drop or 2 and get ill. Cats are less of a problem as you can place the coolant up high away from dogs and other animals.

It's all very tame around here. The dog next door is starting to find other ways home, and avoid me, after I've shot him with marbles....from my trusty sling shot. Another mongrel appears from time to time but it bolts when it see's me!

"Chickens wander everywhere. And not a chicken coup in sight!"

Shame, it might be an improvement if Chickens took control of the country. :)

Leave a hole in the fence big enough for the small mutt and make a snare noose like you would for rabbits going through bush trails and put a chicken in a cage close enough to entice him and sure enough you will wake up to a dead dog and proof . Then dispose of the dog smartly and quietly. No village idiot kicking up a fuss over a pest he can't control.

"Chickens wander everywhere. And not a chicken coup in sight!"

Shame, it might be an improvement if Chickens took control of the country. smile.png

Interesting reply! A spelling mistake on my part has given you ammunition to take a swipe at the current government. I can't say the 'D' word, but it ends in ship.

• 2 months later...

Radiator fluid is sweet and animals enjoy the taste of it (as well as young children that might mistake it for green juice). I learned at a young age that farm animals and buckets of radiator anti-freeze don't mix and this is the reason you never leave a open bucket of it in the garage! It's a horrible-painful way to die that causes the animal much suffering and I'd seriously question the mental well-being of the person that's actively seeking to torture an animal in said manner. Note, I'm not a vegan, I enjoy hunting, and I have attended many a good branding. If you think you have to poison an animal then darn well do it with the proper poison: 40 grains of lead. Dispatching animals with anti-freeze is not only cruel, it's twisted. ( /DirtyDan steps off his soapbox.)

I know the culprit has disappeared, but like a few other posters, I'd recommend King Solomon's wisdom here: capture the dog that killed your fowl and let it be publically known that you have it. If the owner comes forward to claim the beast you can seek reparations (or apologies). But, if no-one comes forward after a few days, then the dog is obviously a mongrel no one owns and can be put down humanely without insult to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Crossy, I believe from reading several of your other posts (good posts btw) that you are an electrician or at least a very knowledgeable DIYer.

Therefore, why don't you rig up some form of electric perimeter protection, just switch it on at night once all your little ones are safely in bed ??

My Grandad did something similar to try an stop badgers digging up his lawn, but he wired his fence to the mains.. He then left little notes all around the place in case he popped his clogs during the night smile.png

I had horses and dogs Rottweilers and German Shepard, cows and free roaming chickens plus 9 X 1 year old pups from the Rottie and Shepard all at the same time on 10 acres out of Brisbane. the dogs started killing the chickens. To cut the story short I hung a dead chicken from the electric horse fence. While I was at the back of my property I heard at lease 9 yelps from the dogs as each one sniffed the dead chook, The dogs never touched another chicken again in fact the chickens would come up to my German Shepard and eat out of her bowl while she was eating from it. all dogs were fine, if you have touched an electric horse fence it doesn't tickle, I can only imagine that it was like getting hit in the nose with a base ball bat. Guaranteed to work. these electric fences work from 12 Volts and can be set to different power for different animals

Where I grew up we had coyotes and there was nothing stopping them except a real fence. Domestic dogs are amateurs compared to those guys who are hunting for survival. We simply had to have a fenced area with a fence that was tall enough and well enough made that they couldn't get in. Remember, they often move in packs, and often at night.

I hope you get everything worked out.

Please remember this thread is from April 2014, the bumps are of course welcome but the issue is long resolved.

The creature in question has never returned although exactly how it was disappeared is unknown (anyone who knows isn't telling).

The replacement creatures are happily making eggs (and babies when wifey can't find the eggs) and grand-daughter has two new geese (she did have a cat, but it too disappeared).

Archived