Village Justice?

Crossy

Simple solution:

take the dog,kill him where he killed your chicken,dismember him..........

When the owner comes ,show him the scene and call the police : dog broke in and the chickens killed him in the fight .

The dog clearly entered to murder the chicken ,but he didn't survive .

Don't forget to stuff a feather in the dogs ass ! coffee1.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you're stuck in Thai culture, they won't admit, they won't take responsibility, they won't kill and you are the rich farang that can easily pay for new poultry.

If you push too hard on justice to be done you will cause "loosing face" to someone resulting in more trouble for you than you can imagine!

There are situations in Thailand where you just have to stay quiet, sometimes justice will be done, but many times you just have to forget your loss and consider it part of the cost of living in Thailand...

My stepson's dog was catching chickens to give to her pups. She killed two small chickens in about 3 days. I was there when the neighbor (chicken owner, I presume) came over and grabbed the dog. He promptly broke its neck. Everyone saw, and nobody said anything. dog kills chickens=dog dies. Seemed like everyone agreed. My wife even said "Well, the dog can't kill chickens like that."

I'm not suggesting you do that, but eventually a similar solution might be found.

We shall see what occurs, Wifey is handling the issue along with her two sons, Puyai Baan is involved. I'm not expecting compensation or an apology, just that the beast is controlled.

It won't get in the same way again. As to taking the machete to it, I certainly would have on Saturday night, now probably not, Wifey may be a different matter, it killed her babies.

We will absolutely NOT be setting poison, too many village dogs around (that don't eat chooks).

In the civil code as property they cover dogs and you can take such action as needed including death (but I do not think this is needed).

Section 452. A possessor of an immovable property is entitled to seize animals belonging to another person which cause injury on such property and retain them as security fro any compensation which may be due to him, he is even entitled to kill them if it is necessary under the circumstances.

However he must give notice without delay to the owner of the animals. If the owner could not be found the person seizing must take proper measures to seek him out.

---------------

if you kill the dog bad move its doing what dogs do its the food chain if you eat meat you cant complain can you..just move on sir best way dont beat yourself up over it.....you will calm down soon though ..sorry for your little loss..everything dies eventually..wai2.gif

In the civil code as property they cover dogs and you can take such action as needed including death (but I do not think this is needed).

Section 452. A possessor of an immovable property is entitled to seize animals belonging to another person which cause injury on such property and retain them as security fro any compensation which may be due to him, he is even entitled to kill them if it is necessary under the circumstances.

However he must give notice without delay to the owner of the animals. If the owner could not be found the person seizing must take proper measures to seek him out.

---------------

One of the more sensible posts in this thread.

Crossy, seize the beast. Notify villagers. If no one comes forward have the offending animal destroyed, if deemed necessary.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your birds. Very sad and especially devastating for your granddaughters.

I had a pet duck and a pet chicken when I was a kid so can feel for you.

As the dog does not "belong" anyone why should anyone worry about what happens to it?

Things always seem to get complicated, don't make a big deal, you will not get any compensation and certainly will not get your birds back so just get rid of the dog and as "Borzandy" said "don't tell ANYONE"

If anyone wonders what happened to the dog just do the Thai smile and say nothing.

As for getting rid of it that is a bit tricky. Waiting up all night and chasing it round the yard with a big stick is not very practical.

I would suggest a baited trap to catch it. Leave the place where it came in open to tempt it again and set a wire loop snare. If you feel that's a bit too primitive build a cage or box with drop down door that shuts once the dog has taken the bait inside.

Once you have the dog in the cage you can take it a few hundred kilcks away and dump it in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe a bit harsh but nature is not kind and while chasing chickens is what a dog does protecting those same chickens is what people do.

sad.png

Don't put poison.

I had a German Shepherd does was poisoned also the bate was not for him but for some other dog. His death for very cruel and it took him 5 days to expire. We made a blood test and he was fully pumped for Toxins.

6 months later my Shizhou was poisoned as well with all those neighbour dogs.

We build a 250 meter long wall around our property to solve the problems with stray dogs that killed many of our chickens in the past 1 year. 75% of the wall is now electric fences and the other 25% we put broken glass on our wall.

.We build a 250 meter long wall around our property to solve the problems with stray dogs that killed many of our chickens in the past 1 year. 75% of the wall is now electric fences and the other 25% we put broken glass on our wall.

Stray dogs dont climb fences...

So, guess the electrifying and broken glass was against some different sort of "village dogs"?

Leave the dog alone. It's in its blood to chase and take down.

Find out who is the owner and when you have proof, go to the village head again and tell him that this person is an irresponsible f..k and and is not able to take care of that dog appropriately therefore it needs to be taken away from him. And he is also a phony with a -when something happens so I like to hide- syndrome so he has to leave the village and go to school again where they tech him how to act civilized.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Depends on who owns the dog.

'Owner' is a normal village member (shack residence), in this instance we're the ones with the 'connection' (minor, but still a connection).

I'm not looking for compensation, certainly no begging for forgiveness from the owner (a size-11 toe 'tector would meet his mush if he tried that), I just want the beast out of circulation, permanently!

Are you 100% sure it was a small pooch?? Could it of been something else, maybe some wild animal??? Was just wondering as full grown geese are something to behold and can be very dangerous, especially when goslings are involved. We had geese when I was a kid, they were great watch dog and even our husky wouldn't go near them.

Actually having a doģ of your own may help.. I stopped keeping and breeding chickens because of ferral cats.. lost a fortune. House chickens seem to be the only ones that thrieve here and feed themseves mostly.. miss my own eggs big time

"miss my own eggs" ..........lost em at the local 'lady bar' ? giggle.gifcheesy.gif

'Owner' is a normal village member (shack residence), in this instance we're the ones with the 'connection' (minor, but still a connection).

I'm not looking for compensation, certainly no begging for forgiveness from the owner (a size-11 toe 'tector would meet his mush if he tried that), I just want the beast out of circulation, permanently!

Are you 100% sure it was a small pooch?? Could it of been something else, maybe some wild animal??? Was just wondering as full grown geese are something to behold and can be very dangerous, especially when goslings are involved. We had geese when I was a kid, they were great watch dog and even our husky wouldn't go near them.

Oh yes, it was a relatively small dog (we have the video, no I'm not going to publish it), it got UNDER our main gate, this route is now blocked (with a wooden barrier), local stainless man is coming today to fix spikes to the lower edge.

The geese were quite tame, I could handle the goslings without death, mum only attacked me when I didn't have food. I must admit I was surprised when it got the two adults, they are not small birds, such is life I suppose.

Oh yes, it was a relatively small dog (we have the video, no I'm not going to publish it), it got UNDER our main gate, this route is now blocked (with a wooden barrier), local stainless man is coming today to fix spikes to the lower edge.

The geese were quite tame, I could handle the goslings without death, mum only attacked me when I didn't have food. I must admit I was surprised when it got the two adults, they are not small birds, such is life I suppose.

The dog has my respect. THe one animal that scares hell out of me is geese.

I suggest working it out with the dog's owner as the best way to resolve the situation. However, I must have missed just how you know it was this particular dog--did you see it, did someone else, or do you have video? I apologize if I did not see your explanation, I am still distracted by the village chief's daughter being in that incestuous marriage with her son.

I think Cornishcarlos' suggestion of an electric fence is a good one, and should be a piece of cake for you, Crossy.

You might also try the new "Ask a Lawyer" feature about the legality of whacking the dog.

You might also question the legality of electrocuting someone. Wired up to the mains. My brain hurts.w00t.gif

I had a neighbour on a bush lot in the foothills opposite a housing development.

Every morning a dog came around at sparrow's fart and pizzed on his front door.

So he hooked up a 12v battery to the screendoor and put a large shallow metal pan of water in front of it.

Next sunrise I heard an almighty Yelp! and the stray was toilet trained I guess - it never came back.

Shoot the mongrel then hang it on the owners front gate.

I think that action would be un necessarily confronting.

As suggested before, a quite disappearance would be my preferred action.

Archived