Village Justice?

Crossy

Murdering the dog will make things worse, the prevention you are now doing with the fence just hope some other poor sod has the dogs mis fortune and carry on. Send someone up to the dog owners house next time it is on your garden and explain your not going to keep chasing the dog out

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still distracted by the village chief's daughter being in that incestuous marriage with her son.

Really have to love the English language, reading back my post it does indeed read like that. I meant of course that the Village Head's daughter is married to my Wife's son smile.png

Yes the beast was seen, and subsequently chased, by the house sitter, we also have security video (grainy but it's quite evident which dog it was).

Village Justice: Let it be known that "which ever" dog it was that was responsible has a price on it's head - with a hint you can ensure the right target is wildly known. Then if the dog dies in mysterious circumstances either by your hand or by that of another's then the deed is done.

Marked as read...

Thank-you for your clever, useful and insightful response!

Crossy, I started that 'Marked as read ... coffee1.gif ' - when I got tired of the Trolls in the General forum.

Apologies that somehow it made into your thread.

Live trap the dog and give it to the village head. He will solve the problem one way or another. The Thais can take care of the problem in their own way and you will not be killing anyones dog.

I can see the Merit in this suggestion.

Live trap the dog and give it to the village head. He will solve the problem one way or another. The Thais can take care of the problem in their own way and you will not be killing anyones dog.

Yes, so do I, could be a viable solution.

Meanwhile the dog has gone incognito, whether it's being kept inside or it has been disappeared is currently unclear.

Yes, so do I, could be a viable solution.

Meanwhile the dog has gone incognito, whether it's being kept inside or it has been disappeared is currently unclear.

Crossy is now looking for a dog that fits this description ... ph34r.png

Reward on offer ... laugh.png

Depends on who owns the dog.

'Owner' is a normal village member (shack residence), in this instance we're the ones with the 'connection' (minor, but still a connection).

I'm not looking for compensation, certainly no begging for forgiveness from the owner (a size-11 toe 'tector would meet his mush if he tried that), I just want the beast out of circulation, permanently!

I offer that since no one claimed ownership of said cannine when the damage was done,

no one should be looking for said cannine when it (might) disappear. IMO

I totally believe the "it's a small pooch" Thing. I had a 5kg toy poodle once. It chased and took down my neighbour's 3kg rooster when it flew into our compound over a 3m wall. I watched it in action. Once it got a bite of the rooster neck, it just shake its head really hard. I grabbed the rooster from it, still alive but its head will not hold up anymore, i thought the bones of its neck must have been crushed... My neighbour didn't make a fuss or complain, she was thinking what dish to cook out of it. tongue.png

Most of these suggestions could be appropriate and completely accepted by the village under the right conditions. This will depend on your position in the village and how long you have been there. If you are viewed as a good person by the village then a lot could be ignored. Of course this has little to do with your self image or how important you think you are. It does not depend on how great everyone tells you that you are. Nor does this depend on you drinking/buying lao kao all the time trying to be one of the boys. It will depend on how you are at accepting and living to the village's values. Are you generous (this does not mean you are a walking atm) such as giving generously when invited to a wedding, funeral, or tamboon, Are you always being critical of the local customs and processes? Do you sit around with other expats complaining how stupid and lazy the Thais are? (you would be amazed at how much they really understand) Are you respectful of those that are elder or in a position of authority? Are you always drunk and when you are drunk are you obnoxious. I'm not saying you have to go native; this is not really practical nor is it expected.

Most of the posts of this nature depend on your position (or lack there of) in the village society. I AM NOT SAYING THERE IS A PROPER WAY YOU SHOULD ACT (to each his own). But as you get to decide how you will act, the village gets to decide have you are viewed. I know expats that are just about completely isolated from their village and others that are really integrated. This is completely up to you to decide. It is a matter of preference.

ps I don't think the color has an affect on flavor, you just have to get them young and tenderlaugh.png The old ones have to cooked in stews or curries.

My grandfather used to tie the dead chicken onto the dogs back and leave it there for several days. I am told it used to cure them. Personally I go for something like Bina suggested, a hefty piece of bamboo. Midnight singer dogs and unwanted strays get a whack (if I can reach them).

Personally I go for something like Bina suggested, a hefty piece of bamboo. Midnight singer dogs and unwanted strays get a whack (if I can reach them).

You'd get a whack if I could reach you. The difference is, you'd deserve it.

FYI. Bit like shutting the stable door........ I am in the uk for now ,to-day buying some stuff for our cattle ,they had some electric fencing for chickens there, country store direct.com.uk.

I have seen in LOS plain wire set about foot off the ground ,used as electric fence, against dog's, I think 2 strands would be better,use a cattle fencer unit.

my mother in laws dog cam and killed 2 of our geese the other year,

and she told me herself poisen the dog it will keep doing it,,

our land is wired and a good fence, we do all we can to keep them out if there owners cant keep them under controle,, i will,,

same as i would of done in the uk,,

if a dog was chasing our stock in the uk it was shot on sight,,,,,

jake

ps i dont have a gun here but there are other ways if your brought up in the county you learn how to catch things

If you put up an electric fence with the proper transformer to get very high voltage but very low amperage (painful but harmless) be sure to pee on it to be sure it's working.

That is why I said use a cattle unit ,proper transformer, one for the job ,see TV thread on electric fence.

Archived