Need to buy power bank suitable for charging a laptop / notebook

telstrareg

I went to about 10 different shops today at Panthip. None of them had one that could charge a laptop. My particular one requires 19V which is higher than for phones and tablets. Power banks that can handle this are available, just haven't seen onr in Chiang Mai.

Edited by telstrareg
  • Like 1

Go to Neo Gallery, higher end hifi type shop on Huay Kaew Road, not far up from new Maya Mall, same side (they have a website for exact location)

I bought a JBL Wifi Bluetooth Speaker unit there which holds enough power for 12 hours speaker usage, or will easily top up several Smart Phones or a Laptop.

Cost 5800 Baht but the most useful piece of kit I ve bought in ages.

I believe the Apple Store in Airport Plaza sells them as well.

Might be easier and cheaper to buy an extra battery for your laptop.

Thought about that. The only down side is switching batteries in and out of the laptop to charge them and also have to Hibernate the Laptop for a battery switch when on the go. I need a power bank to keep my phone going anyway so less kit to carry around if one bank serves two devices.

• Like 1

Have you tried the Computer Plaza and Computer City shops? Chance they would have computer accessories.

Also Denchai could be a possibility.

post-114070-0-49492000-1396916806_thumb.

Edited by ThaiWx

cheap ones down on chang moi road. small electronic shop next to the honda parts store. i bought on there 19 volt 3-4 amp i think was 450 baht. mikes burger on thapae turn left down the one way street. 200 meters or on right...

take your old one with you.

or Amorn shop on the moat by computer plaza usually has em.. little more money there 1-300 more...

Edited by INDI12

cheap ones down on chang moi road. small electronic shop next to the honda parts store. i bought on there 19 volt 3-4 amp i think was 450 baht. mikes burger on thapae turn left down the one way street. 200 meters or on right...

or Amorn shop on the moat by computer plaza usually has em.. little more money there 1-300 more...

Seems impossibly cheap.. Perhaps you are thinking of a power supply that connects to the mains?

• Like 2

Seems impossibly cheap.. Perhaps you are thinking of a power supply that connects to the mains?

Are you not asking where to find these in a 19 volt supply? These connect to mains and down convert the power for a notebook/laptop. I might has mis-interpreted your "Need to but a power bank suitable for charging a laptop/notebook" title.smile.png

post-114070-0-29377100-1396957319_thumb.

maybe i miss read your post thought you were looking for a replacement LAPTOP adapter(transformer) to plug into mains. 19 volt 3-4 amp output.if you are that shop does have them. looks like the same ones that come with your laptop. plastic box approx the size of 2 cigarette box... have a look there if thats what your looking for thay have em. i bought one there 19volt as well a month or so ago...

maybe i miss read your post thought you were looking for a replacement LAPTOP adapter(transformer) to plug into mains. 19 volt 3-4 amp output.if you are that shop does have them. looks like the same ones that come with your laptop. plastic box approx the size of 2 cigarette box... have a look there if thats what your looking for thay have em. i bought one there 19volt as well a month or so ago...

Yes, your previous post shows a photo of a power supply. A power bank is basically an external battery that can plug into multiple devices (phones, tables, laptops) to recharge the device's internal battery. Serves as an alternative to carrying around a power supply or where mains power is not easily available.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Might be easier and cheaper to buy an extra battery for your laptop.

Thought about that. The only down side is switching batteries in and out of the laptop to charge them and also have to Hibernate the Laptop for a battery switch when on the go. I need a power bank to keep my phone going anyway so less kit to carry around if one bank serves two devices.

You do not have to hibernate to change battery on most computers but anyway I am also looking for a laptop powerbank, have you found one in Thailand ?

Thanks.