More proof of King Power being a total rip off

Konini

Cigarettes in Australia are as high as 18 dollars a pack, every year tax is increased twice , 18 dollars and that was 2 years ago.

An awful lot of people we know aren't buying them anymore - they're getting chop-chop from the Vietnamese shops. Never been a fan of roll your own, but at the prices now being charged if I still smoked I think I'd go for it.

There's got to be a blackmarket for tobacco. Anyone who buys cigers in Oz, is being taken for a ride.

Does anybody ever go into the King Power in Pattaya- have driven past loads of times- never seen anyone driving in- maybe Chinese tours ? I don't quite understand their business model, presumably the punters to queue up at the airport to get VAT back.

Maybe next week will be the second customer,( first one was probably a soap star who opened the store) and have a look- the place is huge.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why are you guys struggling with the idea that duty free has to be cheaper than places not duty free.

Captive market. That is the business model and plenty of people on holidays who's wallets open more easily than they do at home.

Edited by samran