CAPO seeks legal action against Suthep for attempting to overthrow government

webfact

I don't think Suthep cares about legal charges of any kind. He is old, possibly sick, and has had a 'good run'. I believe he is intent on becoming a historical hero figure, or die / be imprisoned in the attempt. The fact he is willing to ignore the moderate political ground and the lives of gullible people in the process, makes me concerned about the danger that his 'end of the walkway' mentality poses. I don't like the PTP one bit, and I consider Thaksin an agent of a predatory international cabal, but I want to see them voted out of power by the emergence of powerful moderate parties who are selling progressive Thailand-first agendas. I don't want to see an old loon who doesn't care about consequences, drunk on his own rhetoric, pushing the nation further apart. I want to see moderate groups uniting the nation on the debate of critical issues in the moderate sphere.

• Like 1

CAPO’s Chalerm to seek legal action against PDRC’s Suthep for sedition

BANGKOK, 9 April 2014, (NNT) - The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) is currently collecting evidence against the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC)’s core members for supporting their leader’s plan to claim sovereign power.

According to Chalerm Yubamrung, the Director of the CAPO, the plan to reclaim sovereign power announced by Suthep Thuagsuban, the Secretary General of the PDRC, is unconstitutional. He is convinced that the public would not accept the government assembled through a non-democratic method.

Mr. Suthep has declared that the PDRC would gain sovereign power and that he would personally seek endorsement from His Majesty the King for a new prime minister.

The CAPO’s team of spokespersons concurred that the speech made by Suthep on April 5th implied a clear sign of his attempt to abolish democracy under constitutional monarchy, adding that the move is in violation of Section 113 of the constitution. The center thus appointed the Department of Special Investigation to seek legal action against Suthep and 58 other PDRC core members for treason.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-09 footer_n.gif

It's hard to make a substantive criminal case of insurrection as a result of remarks made on a protest stage, although lese majeste (not an issue here) is an exception to this. No one has been successfully prosecuted for this since the political divide began, although there are many cases outstanding. I expect Suthep will be able to argue that he meant something different and his remarks were taken out of context, just some red shirts did after they were accused of calling for a for a separate state. As for the Constitutional Court they threw out the petition against the PDRC for trying to topple the democratic system by disrupting the elections. So it's unlikely they would hear a case that just involved some crazy sounding comments on the stage.

The picture seems to show only junior staff from CAPO making the announcement, suggesting they are not taking this too seriously.

With Chalerm running the show it is doomed from the start based on his track record. Maybe this is why he is not in the photo. It just goes to show you even ear medicine kills brain cells

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He would have to have a brain first for any cells to be killed......same as his Supporters

It's hard to make a substantive criminal case of insurrection as a result of remarks made on a protest stage, although lese majeste (not an issue here) is an exception to this. No one has been successfully prosecuted for this since the political divide began, although there are many cases outstanding. I expect Suthep will be able to argue that he meant something different and his remarks were taken out of context, just some red shirts did after they were accused of calling for a for a separate state. As for the Constitutional Court they threw out the petition against the PDRC for trying to topple the democratic system by disrupting the elections. So it's unlikely they would hear a case that just involved some crazy sounding comments on the stage.

The picture seems to show only junior staff from CAPO making the announcement, suggesting they are not taking this too seriously.

With Chalerm running the show it is doomed from the start based on his track record. Maybe this is why he is not in the photo. It just goes to show you even ear medicine kills brain cells

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He would have to have a brain first for any cells to be killed......same as his Supporters

If Yingluck has to go but the rest of the cabinet doesn't, I rather hope Dr Chalerm will be made acting caretaker prime minister, as per his dreams. That would provide daily entertainment and horrify the international community. It wouldn't take long for him to be captured on camera indulging in a drunken rant like the mayor of Toronto.

Suraphong would just be an annoying, snivelling idiot without much entertainment value.

I did read it and, although I'm not your Mum, I strongly suggest another cup of tea.

You may feel better.

Do not expect a reply, philw. Scamper treats the forum as his own personal political sounding board - debate of his "beliefs" is not an option he accepts. His apparent dislike (or ignorance) of paragraphs doesn't make the propaganda any more palatable either.

One could describe you as exactly the same Fab

One could, but the question is would you be right? I don't think so, somehow. By the way, you might have noticed that I replied to your post, not something one could accuse scamper of, as I have pointed out.

Fabbie, the point that several posters are trying to get across to you, and which you are obviously oblivious to, is whether your responses actually have any contribution to make to the topic under discussion, and if, in all honesty, you cannot say that they do, then they are surely superfluous...!!

Yes, this is just a side show off the main event. CAPO collecting evidence that the courts will follow? Ha! Not gonna happen, but all part of the Kabuki show going on, or maybe it is a shadow puppet theater, who is really moving things we can imagine but don't really see, entertaining but in the end only that, not really meaningful.

Suthep and other PDRC officials seems not to be worried about these PTP charges. Pheu Thai is pulling at straws as they are swept out the house.

We'll see if their is any traction being generated.

It will be likely mentioned on stage tonight.

He is probably laughing his tits off and chalking up even more targets to go after once control is removed from them.

As time draws on, the government are getting more and more desperate to spin the whole issue and stir up a hornet's nest for a civil war.

It won't work, it will just land the red idiots in prison for incitement to cause acts of terrorism.

I doubt any bail will be granted thanks to Thaksin's example.

This civil war is what they are really after, as it is a credible precursor to secession and we all know that is really the agenda of Thaksin and the UDD.

Yes yes yes, I hope Luang the Poop will be next PM. He is so full of love (or is it poop)!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand