My gf will not stop wearing 'Ugly Old Issan Clothing' UOIC

ghworker2010

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys guys...

my husband also does that. and you know what, here at least, it is improtant that at least in certain places, you have to dress 'up' in order to get what you want or need or u jsut get ignored. have u all not ever seen 'beatiful woman'?

hubby looks and dresses like thai labourer (which he was. now cooks in fast asian food). his hair cut is usually done by thais here in hair cuts that are so obviously not from 'here'. however, when we go to any place official, or if he goes in to town on his own, and doesnt want to be stopped by immi police/or border patrols (yes here people get profiled and stopped searched and id checked while u stand there ), then dress is the answer. so a few castro/fox/golf button downs and a few less scruffy jeans and a decent pair of sports shoes, and voila, looks like a tourist and not a labourer... but i never never tell him what to wear unless it is for a purpose such as i mentioned above. same discussion for going on plane to thailand and back now with new citizeship. to avoid too much hassle, dress the part.

besides, issan atire is comfortable. i ask hubby what he thinks when i go off to work with the button ups and high heels and he doesnt notice... to him its all the same

when we go out to places in evening or to our work invites, he wears what he wants and i dont give a fig... other peoples' problem if they id someone by their clothes.

If you drive this home, she will just resent you.

You handled it badly in the first place, whereas maybe a simple request to her to consider sometimes wearing something you might like.
Ultimately though, if she still didnt want to, you should accept her for who she is.

I mean..she was most likely wearing those kinds of things when you met her.
Or were you looking for a barbie you could dress up?

• Like 1

Here's a suggestion, OP: Ask her to choose a complete wardrobe for you. Her choices, her fashion sense, what she wants you to wear. Wear only the clothes she chose for a few months.

You will then know what she would feel like if you chose for her.

The style of clothes that people wear is part of their character, including hairstyles, make-up (in the case of women) and even the jewellery that is worn. It is what makes people unique.

Men mostly fall in love with women and vice versa for these things that make them seem unique to each other and as it appears the OP is starting to find faults and becoming turned off by his girlfriend`s appearance, than I would assume that this couple are not an ideal match and is probably best to terminate the relationship before getting any deeper involved, because people rarely change their habits of a lifetime, so the OP must either accept his girlfriend the way she is or call it a day.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Still no photos??

Still no reply to responses, hit and run postings amuse me...w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

The OP is a troll and as always TV members think its for real .

As opposed to every other topic in GD ? You've been here long enough to know how it works.

If you drive this home, she will just resent you.

You handled it badly in the first place, whereas maybe a simple request to her to consider sometimes wearing something you might like.

Ultimately though, if she still didnt want to, you should accept her for who she is.

I mean..she was most likely wearing those kinds of things when you met her.

Or were you looking for a barbie you could dress up?

"you should accept her for who she is".

Correct,and dressing her up as the OP wants,her to be,is the first signs of the control freak!

And how would he like it, if she didn't like his taste in clothes?

Still no photos??

Of course not.

He said she's "attractive" but he doesn't want to have to prove it, does he?

he can blur out the face so everyone can see the clothes he is complaining about.

My wife complains when my son and I wear our cowboy boots and jeans but wears some of the most god awful clothes herself and none of us make a comment to her about it. She has loads of nice clothes that she wears to go into chiang mai but what she wears going to the local market makes me cringe.

• Like 1

Such problems. I was once asked to leave my seviced apartment because of (among other reasons) what my GF was wearing or maybe not wearing was causing too much distraction amongst guests and employees.

• Like 1

I had one situation some years ago with a man i met up with via a dating site.
I take my time to know a person, but seemed he was already convinced we would be a good match, just that i apparently needed some tweeking.
I like wearing muted colours, he liked to be more flashy.

He had bought me two dresses that he thought i would look nice in, although not at all to my taste.
But, not to be rude, i thanked him.
He then asked me later on if i would ever wear tie-dye (GOD NO!) Diplomatically told him that im not a fan of tie-dye.
He commented to me "you really like your own style, dont you"..after i didnt respond to his hints.
He mentioned about teasing his ex for wearing something he thought looked terrible on her...i guess to try drive it home.
Then he asked me if i would ever consider cutting my hair short, as he thought short hair looked cute.
Big red flags waved at me vigoriously as i happily said goodbye to him.
Thankfully i found out right away the control freak side.
Would have hated to have fallen for a guy, only to have this side creep out later..!

Bloody awful way to treat a partner OP!

• Like 1

..oh but in addition, my bf now said to me some time back that he really likes really high heels (as i guess many men do), and would love to see me in some one day. He then dropped it.
Im fairly tall, so dont wear them much, as i feel i stand out too much when i do (particularly here amongst much shorter women).
The way in which he asked me, and the fact he didnt hound me, meant that he got his request met.

I dont wear high heels everyday, that would be stupid (imo), but i do wear them at times when we go out together.
Thankfully he is appreciative of the occasions, rather than expecting me to change who i am.

I take my time to know a person, but seemed he was already convinced we would be a good match, just that i apparently needed some tweeking.

He had bought me two dresses that he thought i would look nice in, although not at all to my taste.

He then asked me later on if i would ever wear tie-dye (GOD NO!) Diplomatically told him that im not a fan of tie-dye.

He commented to me "you really like your own style, dont you"..after i didnt respond to his hints.

He mentioned about teasing his ex for wearing something he thought looked terrible on her...i guess to try drive it home.

Then he asked me if i would ever consider cutting my hair short, as he thought short hair looked cute.

Would have hated to have fallen for a guy, only to have this side creep out later..!

he wanted you to be a tie dyed hippie, but with short hair?

crazy!

• Like 2

crazy!

Haha! I never thought of it like that..but yeh, weird!

Clean cut and in hippy clothes..lol blink.png

crazy!

Haha! I never thought of it like that..but yeh, weird!

Clean cut and in hippy clothes..lol blink.png

Seriously tho,

as a man, I can not ever imagine asking a girl to drastically cut her hair short, or do anything to it, except wear it proudly,

I once had a g/f state that her hair, was her mane, part of her "costume"'

since she always dressed stunningly, but different each time,

I went along with her, every time,

part of the enjoyment of relationship is being free.

there is another thread where an OP is marrying a buddhist but insisting she become a christian,

same theme

I asked if he was also going to get down on the floor with her in the morning, light incense and pray with her, but I didnt get an answer.

I readily prayed in the home I stayed in, and feel it contributed to all

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 2