Klong Muang Bungalows

naboo

A friend of mine will be visiting Krabi in July/August. I normally head to Railay and have only visited Krabi town and Ao Nang on the mainland, so don't know much else of the area.

As it will likely be raining, I don't fancy sitting on Railay, so I've asked my friend to find somewhere on the mainland, avoiding Ao Nang which I didn't much like. He has opted for Nakamanda Resort on Klong Muang.

My budget won't stretch to that, so I'm looking at something nearby and have seen Bliss Resort which one map has located right next to Nakamanda, but another suggests it is much further up the beach, whilst another (google maps) believes its up a mountain somewhere.

Can somebody tell me whether Bliss Resort is walking distance from Nakamanda?

Also, is it any good? If not, what, within 1km of Nakamanda, is good for less than 1500B (preferably including breakfast)? I will be with wife and baby, so family like.

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend Khlong Muang Sunset House which is right across from Nakamanda and Coco Nori which is down the street about half a click.

There is also a resort straight across the street from the Sheraton (next door to Nakamanda) , but I'm sorry, I'm forgetting the name on that one.

Also, there is the Kata Group's Beyond Resort, call them on the phone and say "I want the best low season rate" and when they quote you, cut them in half and see if they won't go for it. Better to have a guest than no....

• Like 1