Bangkok police stop 100 million Baht fake ATM card fraud

Jonathan Fairfield

Removed an off-topic, nonsensical post about "BC Driver Enhanced drivers licenses" and the replies to it.

I was replying to the fact that the only way to protect your card from scammers is to put your credit card in aluminum sleeve folder...the reason my driver license issued with an aluminum cover is to prevent reading of information on my chip on drivers license other wise I would have not been aware of my credit cards information passed WiFi to scammer...and is not off the topic! let the readers judge if off topic...I try and explain the logic behind this new technology.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From memory, the most "Successful" skimming operation (until they got caught) was run by a British father and son out of Phuket about 3 or 4 years back. I recall they got some serious prison time.

Up until then ATM skimming in Thailand was always put down as the victims having been careless with their card details.

I had my card skimmed in Singapore, it was very obvious who the culprit was because it was the first and only time I had used that card. The Singapore police where as efficient as they are claimed to be.

Within one day of my report the culprit outlet was closed with a police notice on the door. The Singapore police piss-about.