Residency certificate in a rented room

I'm currently in the process of getting a Thai motorbike driving licence. For that, I need a residency certificate from either my embassy or the immigration. I chose the immigration.

However, in the requirements I've read I need an evidence of my current address which could be in form of a rental agreement or ownership papers. I also need to proof that I actually live at that place by providing electricity bills for example.

The thing is: I live with my girlfriend. She's also the one who signed the rental contract. So all the documents and papers are now in her name and not in mine.

Is there another way I can fulfill these requirements?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm on here on a Non-Immigration ED visa. Entered in October 2011 and since then extended.

So you must have provided an address to the Immigration offices when you got the extension ? Yes ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm on here on a Non-Immigration ED visa. Entered in October 2011 and since then extended.

So you must have provided an address to the Immigration offices when you got the extension ? Yes ?

Of course, in the form. But I didn't get any copy of that or anything else I can show them.

If you have provided the immigration guys with an address and make regular 90 day address reports then immigration will likely provide the "residency certificate " sought.

It is doubtful that any further "evidence" of address would be needed.

Edit

remove typo

Edited by thepool

If you have provided the immigration guys with an address and make regular 90 day address reports the immigration will likely provide the "residency certificate " sought.

It is doubtful that any further "evidence" of address would be needed.

That would be lovely. But I wouldn't be surprised if they still want to see these documents. I'll give it a try, thanks so far.

Where are you ?

Once again where you are located makes a difference on whether it is easy or hard to get a Residency Certificate from Immigration

Some offices give it for free, some charge a nominal fee, some won't give it at all

Sorry, I didn't know that. I'm in Bangkok, Thonburi area.

Where are you ?

Once again where you are located makes a difference on whether it is easy or hard to get a Residency Certificate from Immigration

Some offices give it for free, some charge a nominal fee, some won't give it at all

Where do you make your 90 day reports? That is where you will have to get your residence certificate.

If it is the Thonburi office you may not be able to get one. The last reports I can recall is that they don't do them. You may have to get one your embassy if this is the case.

Where are you ?

Where do you make your 90 day reports? That is where you will have to get your residence certificate.

If it is the Thonburi office you may not be able to get one. The last reports I can recall is that they don't do them. You may have to get one your embassy if this is the case.

I've done them in different locations. Usually Chaengwattana, but since that's closed at the moment, I did it at Ladprao and once at Suksawat which is quite convenient for me. I'll give it a try as soon as they open and report back if it worked.