Best cable TV and Internet provider in Ubon

Guitar God

Sorry if it's been asked before but I didn't get any recent hits on a search.

My criteria is a good selection of English-language channels. BBC, Discovery, History channel, Music, HBO etc. Sports, not so important.

I heard there was True and CTH(?)

I have True at my place in Bkk and I'm happy with that but if the selection were better through another provider...

I also need a broadband Internet connection.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

True is only available with satellite? No coax or fibre optic?

For Internet, in addition to fast I'd also like fast and either unlimited or enough GB/ month that I'm not throttled down a couple weeks into the month.

I live over in the Warin side of town. No cable provider. Just sat. True , Gmmz, cth are the options. 3bb At 570 baht a month delivers 11mb down and 1/2 up. I use a vpn in San Fran and watch hulu and netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I live over in the Warin side of town. No cable provider. Just sat. True , Gmmz, cth are the options. 3bb At 570 baht a month delivers 11mb down and 1/2 up. I use a vpn in San Fran and watch hulu and netflix.

im also in warin bungmai we got tot seems ok most of the time ...wifi

Winston what kind of speed you get with tot? I never even got 1 Meg down. First day with 3bb over 11 meg. Cancelled tot after the manitory 1 year. Still getting bills from them. Not a happy camper. 3bb and Netflix great no buffering.

Just switched to AIS AirNet and am quite pleased with the speed of the service, 9-10 down and 4-5 up. I live between Kham Yai and Baan Pladook and have never been offered any high speed before in this area. Had to use a DTAC aircard with dial-up speeds.

So far, so good with the service provider.

My understanding is that there is no throttle down. I have had unlimited use with full high-speed so far. I don't expect any surprises and have been quite pleased. They advertise 590 baht for the 10/4 high speed, but ends up about 660 after VAT. No bad! I have a number for the Ubon installer if needed. You can pm me.

More info on AIS Airnet:

I have been using this service for over 2 weeks now. So far, so good. Today, I noticed some programs were loading a lot slower than usual. I did a speedtest and found my download speed was at .3 kb.

I have been getting 9-10 mb regularly, so now I am very concerned if their is an actual throttle-back. I was told through my wife that this service is unlimited use, but maybe it is not. I'm going to give it one more day and hope my speed goes back up. I'll try to keep you informed on whether this AirNet service is really performing as advertised.