Caught on CCTV: Bangkok cab driver shot dead by 'jealous man'

webfact

Notice half way through the video the GF points out the guy and at some point hands him something which drops to the floor and she picks it up and re-hands it to the guy who proceeds to load the gun. She is just as guilty too.

I'll never understand the stupidity of the people in this country they call Thailand. The dude had a gun pointed at him, had a chance to get his ass out of there, but stuck around. I can tell you the average farang would have high tailed it outta there.

• Like 1

The police also dismissed a rumour that Mr. Duangchan was in fact a pro-government taxi driver who had been murdered by an anti-government protest guard, insisting that the case was purely motivated by personal disputes.

If the truth was known I expect this rumour was started by Khaosod. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story especially if you have an agenda and never miss an opportunity to start a rumour if it supports your agenda.

"never miss an opportunity to start a rumour if it supports your agenda."

What? Like you just did!

500 baht fine

No Man, not exactly. This is 25 years.

Even that is not enough. Thailand should become China when it comes to punishment. It'd be "good riddance" to him (and the likes of him) in about 3-6 months including all the trials and appeals. Gotta admire China for that. Let's see how many brave Thai men would be trigger-happy.

Mr C. Darwin's theory has a way of dealing with creatures like this. In all likelihood, this man will never see the light of day after his sentance in the monkey house.

Let us hope so although if father or another relative is a Hi-So, you cannot be sure.

• Like 1

The police also dismissed a rumour that Mr. Duangchan was in fact a pro-government taxi driver who had been murdered by an anti-government protest guard, insisting that the case was purely motivated by personal disputes.

If the truth was known I expect this rumour was started by Khaosod. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story especially if you have an agenda and never miss an opportunity to start a rumour if it supports your agenda.

"never miss an opportunity to start a rumour if it supports your agenda."

What? Like you just did!

Not quite the same. I don't have an agenda.

I guess the gunman showed him. Of course, now, lots of men will flirt with his girlfriend while he is in prison. He didn't think his cunning plan through.

Word of advise. Run away from a fight with a Thai; you cannot win. He will beat you with help from his friends or get his revenge later. If someone approaches you with a gun, run away; most people are lousy shots. This guy fired five times at a stationary target, at point-blank range, and still managed only two torso shots.

Mr C. Darwin's theory has a way of dealing with creatures like this. In all likelihood, this man will never see the light of day after his sentance in the monkey house.

Maybe, maybe not. The hit man just arrested for killing the family of three, was just released after serving time for murder.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah, the fall looks fake, but they say the guy died....dunno.

Difference between Hollywood and reality.

Pretty sure it is not the first time the shooter has done this, or is an ex member of the police or armed forces. Two handed grip, four shots fired in rapid succession, (4 x .45 shells found at the scene) three shots on target. Quick look at the victim and walked (not ran) away.

Too casual, especially after losing a fight earlier.

IMHO off course

Notice half way through the video the GF points out the guy and at some point hands him something which drops to the floor and she picks it up and re-hands it to the guy who proceeds to load the gun. She is just as guilty too.

I noticed that. What looked like a female - whoever she was, is involved and needs to be questioned.

• Like 1

Will claim he was drunk and provoked. Is very sorry, is about to become a monk to make some sort of merit, will pay baht to the family, and perhaps the judge, and will get a slap on the wrist.

More than likely. 25 years, far less likely.