Arrest warrant sought for redshirt leader 'Ko Tee'

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw the interview too, what a silly little fool he is, to quote his own words, 'I dare say this but nobody else does'.

Well why didn't he think first why they don't ?

He's finished now, even the red shirts will distance themselves from him.

A life in Cambodia or many years in a Thai jail.

I wonder if Thaksin will help him with funds.

"He's finished now, even the red shirts will distance themselves from him."

The red shirt propaganda machine has been saying worse than that for years. Most of it isn't even logical. I couldn't believe some of the crazy stuff they have said and the regular red people think is true.

LESE MAJESTY
Police to seek arrest warrant for key red shirt

PIYANUT TUMNUKASETCHAI,
PANYA THIOSANGWAN,
PANOR CHOMPHUSRI
THE NATION

Court action sought against 'Ko Tee' for lese majeste coments to media

BANGKOK: -- POLICE WILL today ask the court to issue an arrest warrant for a red-shirt leader who allegedly insulted the monarchy in a recent interview with the foreign press, the government's Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) said yesterday.

A video clip showing Wuthipong Kotthammakhun, also known as Ko Tee, giving the interview to a foreign journalist has gone viral.

CAPO said its examination of the clip found that Ko Tee's interview might violate the lese majeste law in Article 112 of the Penal Code.

Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has ordered police to take legal action against those involved in this case.

The centre also warned the public not to share or distribute the clip or they could be prosecuted under both the lese majeste and computer crime laws.

National police chief Pol General Adul Sangsingkaew yesterday said that following the premier's expression of concern, he promised to take urgent action.

Commenting on a report that Wutthipong had already fled to a neighbouring country, Adul said he had also ordered immigration police to prevent him from leaving the country. A Nation News Agency reporter reached Wutthipong by phone yesterday.

He said he was in an unspecified foreign country and insisted that he was not fleeing the law, but was on business. He said he would fight the allegation of lese majeste and claimed that the video clip was doctored to frame him.

"I want to tell the government that I have always worked for the Pheu Thai Party and the government, particularly Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra," he said.

"Now they are taking legal action against me. It seems they want to kill the warrior when the war is over."

Adul said he had discussed the issue with Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha and informed him that police would be urgently gathering information and evidence so the arrest warrant could be issued.

The general said police placed importance on offences against the monarchy and would make every effort to bring the offenders to justice.

He also referred to a man known as "Tang Acheewa", whose real name is Ekkapob Luara, who spoke on stage during a red-shirt rally last year.

An arrest warrant has been issued for him, as his remarks were deemed insulting to the monarchy.

Adul confirmed earlier reports that Tang had fled the country.

"Police have contacted their counterparts in neighbouring countries in a bid to locate him," he said.

Police have been criticised for being lenient with Tang, who posted several photos on Facebook showing him boarding a plane, singing karaoke and dining with a girlfriend.

Opposition politicians from the Democrat Party, Mallika Boonmeetrakul and Jurit Laksanavisit, yesterday filed a complaint with the Army chief, asking him to take legal action against Tang for lese majeste.

Meanwhile, a group of people calling themselves Citizens Who Love the Country, Religion, King and Democracy filed a complaint with the police chief, asking him to take legal action against Suthep Thaugsuban, leader of the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee.

In its complaint filed with Adul, the group accused Suthep of sedition and seeking to gain political power through unconstitutional means. The group referred to Suthep's recent claim of "sovereign status".

Suthep last Saturday said that if the caretaker prime minister had to leave office due to a court order, his group would claim "sovereign" status in the name of Thai citizens, after which he would nominate a new prime minister and seek royal endorsement.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-11

When you advertise your intent to seek a arrest warrant in every local and national news media, including the possible/probable result of the legal, proceeding, the ''cross the border'' seems to be the normal reaction, especally of those caught redhanded.

The RTP, without the help/guidence of foreign law enforcement agencies would seldom find/capture any fugitives from abroad, the local fugitives seem to turn themselves in, or in a few cases, check into temple, or a hospital and then go on walkabout. The capture of fugitives seems way down on the piority list, unless their is a price on their head.

I saw the interview. It wasn't just lese majesty, what he said was sedition. I mean this government has brought up questionable charges for sedition on the PRDC for the slightest reason so let's see how 'fair' they treat this red shirt scum. Of course, he may not live to see trial. That's how bad it was.

Don't worry. Tharit and the DSI will be on the scene.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yep an arrest warrant, sponsored by Thaksin and the DSI. Aka You're free to go, nobody in Thailand gives a damn cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A quick Wikipedia research by Khaosod correspondent fails to uncover any published evidence of the suspected connection.

Hold on a second, what would you like to read in the wiki articles. I'll fix that for you right away

I read the wikipedia article on Vice News and didn't spot anything. Did you see anything or was your post just noise?

Ko Tee escaped the country, denies lese majeste’ offence

PNPOL570411001000101_11042014_094643.jpg

11 April 2014, (NNT) - Wuthipong ‘Ko Tee’ Kotthammakhun, a leader of the United front for Democracy against Dictatorship in Pathumthani Province, has denied the lese majeste’ offence filed against him by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

Earlier Mr. Wuthipong gave an interview to a foreign journalist, which contained remarks considered offensive to the country's highest institution. The interview clip posted online caught the public’s attention and backlash, prompting the police to make an attempt to arrest him. The warrant is expected to be secured today.

Mr. Wuthipong, whose whereabouts remains unknown, said that he did not have any intention to undermine the monarchy, claiming the clip must have been manipulated. As an advocate of the Pheu Thai Party and the Yingluck Shinawatra Administration, he urged the government to treat him fairly.

Before taking action against him, the police should arrest PDRC’s Suthep, who has been charged with several counts, said Ko Tee.

The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order is currently seeking an arrest warrant for Wuthipong. The UDD leader has also brushed aside rumors that he has intentionally escaped the country, saying that his travel is to attend to his business and that he would return to fight his case.

Mr. Wuthipong did not disclose his whereabouts. However, Deputy Commissioner General Police General Ake Angsananont said the immigration office did not have any record of Mr. Wuthipong leaving the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-11 footer_n.gif

A quick Wikipedia research by Khaosod correspondent fails to uncover any published evidence of the suspected connection.

Hold on a second, what would you like to read in the wiki articles. I'll fix that for you right away

I read the wikipedia article on Vice News and didn't spot anything. Did you see anything or was your post just noise?

It was sarcasm based on the fact that "anyone" can edit Wikipedia so it's not entirely unbiased.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When you advertise your intent to seek a arrest warrant in every local and national news media, including the possible/probable result of the legal, proceeding, the ''cross the border'' seems to be the normal reaction, especally of those caught redhanded.

The RTP, without the help/guidence of foreign law enforcement agencies would seldom find/capture any fugitives from abroad, the local fugitives seem to turn themselves in, or in a few cases, check into temple, or a hospital and then go on walkabout. The capture of fugitives seems way down on the piority list, unless their is a price on their head.

Police to seek arrest warrant for key red shirt

This was announced by the RTP 48 hours ago when they said they would apply for an arrest warrant on Friday (today).

What a joke. And pt say they are very serious about lese majeste.

Ko Tee escaped the country,

Mr. Wuthipong, whose whereabouts remains unknown,

Mr. Wuthipong did not disclose his whereabouts. However, Deputy Commissioner General Police General Ake Angsananont said the immigration office did not have any record of Mr. Wuthipong leaving the country.

Amazing all this in one and the same news article.

Edited by JesseFrank

Ko Tee escaped the country,

Mr. Wuthipong, whose whereabouts remains unknown,

Amazing all this in one and the same news article.

Amazing Thailand, where influential politicians and other high status personalities aka criminals walk free WITH or WITHOUT arrest warrants....

Edited by MaxLee

The police are hiding Ko Tee?

Whatever next!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the police is involved then they are not 'hiding' Ko Tee, but have put him in "protective custody", like they did with the UDD leaders in May 2010.

The police are hiding Ko Tee?

Whatever next!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the police is involved then they are not 'hiding' Ko Tee, but have put him in "protective custody", like they did with the UDD leaders in May 2010.

This morning, the followers of Phra Isara hanged this poster at the Dong Muang Police Station and expressed their disappointment with the lack of commitment of the Police to catch the tyrant, instigator of separatism, civil war, and mass murder.

KoTe_DonMuangPolice.jpg

KoTe_DonMuangPolice2.jpg

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1

He won't return, the govt has made him a scapegoat and these LM charges never ever go away, just ask Jakrapob Penkair whose whereabouts are still unknown several years after doing a runner.

I don't see how he's been made a scapegoat. I've seen the clip. There is no way it was manipulated.

"Police have been criticised for being lenient with Tang, who has posted several photos on Facebook showing him boarding a plane, singing karaoke and dining with a girlfriend."

So the police should arrest him for posting pictures of himself boarding a plane, singing karaoke (I can see why that might be considered offensive) or dining with a girlfriend.

Hmmm.