Where's the Beef?

Thanyaburi Mac

I'm thai but born and raised in USA now living in BKK for over 6 years... Thai's dont eat beef, has nothing to do with religion. Most wont eat it as it to darn tuff to eat. They have not seen good beef to eat. Most cannot afford an imported cut as it does not make sense to buy it with the price of chicken and pork. Recently the local beef is getting better with KOO KOON and Thai French and most recently Kaset University Beef. KU beef is my personal favoirte and i can say is almost as good as US beef. They also have aged beef for sale. Good 1.5" thick cuts of Bone in ribeye's and Porterhouse.. Not very expensive at all about 15% more then local meats u get at the fresh market..

http://www.kubeef.com/

They have butcher shops all over BKK and some in the other regions...

They make a good ground beef. u can order type of meat and lean% i usually get Sirloin for 85% lean ground beef... good for meatballs and burgers. They also can make Chili Ground beef where its a bit larger pieces.

Thai-French Natural Beef are French hybrid cows between two breeds Charolais and Limosin and sponsored by the French government.

I guess that means they should be better than they are?

Sent from my LG-P970

I don't know what it should be. I don't bother with beef in Thailand. I just wait 'til I go back to US each year or so and eat steak several times each day for the 2-3 week trip and get it out of my system.

when my sister-inlaw picked up my order in rangsit she said they were very busy full of Thai's.

so if Thai's don't eat beef what were they buying.

a load of bullocks.

I cooked a 2kilo pc.of top round yesterday and at 230bht a kilo cheap enough for my dog to have some aswell.

anyone want to call today and try they had better hurry up.

I don't know, but Tops here (in Issan) is always full of beef of all kinds. From Thai to Aus / NZ imported -- ground, chuck, sirloin, ribeye, striploin, etc. Then at the local market, there's a muslim lady who sells only beef too, and she ages hers. Unfortunately, she also salts the living hell out of it, so I don't bother buying that stuff.

As OP said, there has been no beef at all in TescoLotus, also on Nawamin Rd. And that is where the head offices of TL Thailand are. I asked one time and the English people did not know. Something to do with the distributor according to one of the Thai staff.

However, they do have the frozen imported beef. Very good thick medallions of Tenderloin. From NZ, I think.

BigC Fashion sometimes have beef. Villa and Foodland always. Tops even has lean mince beef sometimes.

I do know that many Thai Chinese do not eat beef because of their beliefs.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

• 2 weeks later...

I had some time this morning so mosied on down the Klong 4 road from Hwy 305 towards the Lam Luk Ka road. Had my GPS set for an approximate location for the butcher, parked and did a walk-around.

Found the SP Butcher right in a set of newish shop houses on the west side of the road opposite the orange fence of the Ariya Textile Company, Lat-Long: 13-56.488N x 100-41.092E

Run by Khun Sitthiphn and Jantima, tel: 089-277-5331

Note, the beef is brought down from Sakhon Nakhon and cut up at the shop.

Location photos attached and price list.

Mac

post-32650-0-77214700-1398153992_thumb.j

post-32650-0-80274000-1398154019_thumb.j

post-32650-0-38806700-1398154038_thumb.j

post-32650-0-26767800-1398154050_thumb.j

post-32650-0-54309300-1398154065_thumb.j