Mice playing football in the roof!

LNV

Does anyone know a permanent, tried and tested way to stop the bloody mice running amok in the roof? I know it's a common problem but I've yet to meet anyone who has really done anything about it. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

then you'd just have a dead cat in the roof!

Best bet is to check how they are getting in, stuff the hole with steel wool (rusts though), put up plastic mesh etc... Mine started Muay Thai a week ago, I'm just waiting till they kill each other...

Oz

I bought those trays with sticky glue on, put a piece of bread in the middle. I know it's not nice but they were increasing in number. Got the lot. Don't use poison cos they die somewhere you can't get to them and stink the place out.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A friend of wifeys recommended a slow acting poison that supposedly makes the mice/rats thirsty enough to leave and seek water.
Put some down in our roof and remarkably worked a treat.

I think they have the same stuff for sexpats.... its called beer :)

Oz

• Like 1

A friend of wifeys recommended a slow acting poison that supposedly makes the mice/rats thirsty enough to leave and seek water.

They come in a small blue sachet, most pest control companies have them. Also try spreading some moth balls ( neftaline ) in the roof cavity, the smell supposedly deters them.

They come in a small blue sachet, most pest control companies have them. Also try spreading some moth balls ( neftaline ) in the roof cavity, the smell supposedly deters them.

Tried the mothballs....epic fail I'm afraid.

Poison was the only thing that worked for us.