90 Day Report by mail

I sent my information for the 90 day report by registered mail and got a receipt from the post office. It's been a month and I still haven't received the notification in the mail. I've called Immigration and can't seem to get a response. I am flying out of the Thailand in less than 3 weeks. What happens if I still haven't received notification when I check in at the airport?

I assume this is about a report done in Bangkok. Just wait a bit more and you should get your receipt.

They don't check for 90 day reports at the airport. Many people take the receipt out before leaving.

I assume this is about a report done in Bangkok. Just wait a bit more and you should get your receipt.

They don't check for 90 day reports at the airport. Many people take the receipt out before leaving.

I have noticed this before and it makes me wonder what are the repercussions of not making 90-day reports? Would it come to light when you apply for the next annual extension?

You would be caught when applying for a new extension of stay or any other business you have to do at immigration.

They do not check for 90 day reports at the airport because their duty is only is to check you still have a valid permit to stay (or on overstay) and not on the do not leave list.

If your try doing 90 report by mail in Bangkok and getting no reply it is because immigration at Chaengwattana is closed. This is the address for 90 day reports I believe.

I was at Sukwatsuk Immigration (one of the 2 temporary offices in Bangkok) last Thursday renewing my Non O Visa and asked about 90 day reporting by mail and the officer said you cannot use mail at the moment because of Chaengwattana being closed.

I presume there are all stacked up in a mail bag somewhere. I have not seen on the immigration web site a notice not telling people not to do 90 report by mail so not sure if your covered or not because of this.

As a number have said above, exiting Thailand isn't an issue. They tend to be far more interested in over stay.

Think yourself lucky that you can do a mailed 90 day report. Before the new immigration offices where built about 8 years on the way out to Dom Maeung, the whole country could do postal 90 day reporting to the old Bangkok Immigration Office. Not since then though.

In the provinces of Surin and Buriram we now have to visit the Kap Cheong Immigration office which is close to on the Cambodian border. They are reluctant to even accept someone reporting for someone else (which, like postal reporting, is valid under rules and regulations if the Thai Immigration Police).

For us in Buriram City the round trip is 220km each 3 month. Others will be doing closer to 300km each time. Less than 5% of expat in the two provinces live within 50km of the office. But then it's more fuel tax revenue we pay to the government.

On the two occasion I have asked for their postal address there instantly isn't an Immigration Office in sight who can understand English !

As a number have said above, exiting Thailand isn't an issue. They tend to be far more interested in over stay.

Think yourself lucky that you can do a mailed 90 day report. Before the new immigration offices where built about 8 years on the way out to Dom Maeung, the whole country could do postal 90 day reporting to the old Bangkok Immigration Office. Not since then though.

In the provinces of Surin and Buriram we now have to visit the Kap Cheong Immigration office which is close to on the Cambodian border. They are reluctant to even accept someone reporting for someone else (which, like postal reporting, is valid under rules and regulations if the Thai Immigration Police).

For us in Buriram City the round trip is 220km each 3 month. Others will be doing closer to 300km each time. Less than 5% of expat in the two provinces live within 50km of the office. But then it's more fuel tax revenue we pay to the government.

On the two occasion I have asked for their postal address there instantly isn't an Immigration Office in sight who can understand English !

Korat Immigration is Kap Choeng Immigration boss. Neither immigration accept a 90 day mail in report. If you live in the extreme western part of Buriram Korat Immigration will let you do your 90 day report to them but your yearly extension has to be done at Kap Choeng.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

If your try doing 90 report by mail in Bangkok and getting no reply it is because immigration at Chaengwattana is closed. This is the address for 90 day reports I believe.

I was at Sukwatsuk Immigration (one of the 2 temporary offices in Bangkok) last Thursday renewing my Non O Visa and asked about 90 day reporting by mail and the officer said you cannot use mail at the moment because of Chaengwattana being closed.

I presume there are all stacked up in a mail bag somewhere. I have not seen on the immigration web site a notice not telling people not to do 90 report by mail so not sure if your covered or not because of this.

I was told the same thing twice. I know of a couple of folks who mailed it in in back in Jan and are still waiting for the receipt.

Thanks for all your replies. I feel less stressed about leaving without the 90 day notification receipt.

To be clear, I sent the paperwork to Lat Phrao, not Chang Wattana. The girl at the Post Office assured me that the address was correct. Apparently I was not the first one to send it there.

As of April 13th, still no reply.

I sent 90 day report to Chaengwattana by post on 26th February, as my 90 day ended on 10 th March.

Officially on Immigration website Chaengwattana closed roughly on 13th January. I didnt find out till after posting.

I had no reply in post after one month eg 10th April. U have to wait at least one month before enquiring

I then rang helpline 1111 and got passed around, eventually told to report in person to Lad Phrao. So off I went.

Compared to Chaengwattana absolute mayhem.Staff are very overworked and trying to cope and doing their best. Not their fault.

All u need is.

Proof of posting eg EMS receipt

Copy of last 90 day Report ( Original was sent by post to Chaengwattana )

Filled in TM47 form and signed.

Brief explanation why u are there.

U will get a waiting ticket and seats available nearby and the lady trainee immigration officer will take paperwork inside to an Officer who issues new 90 day report. Sorted.

Unless Chaengwattana reopens soon, when using post send to Lad Phrao or nearest one to u, from Immigration website.

Hope this will be of some help.

• 1 month later...

Today I received by return mail my 90-day reporting receipt from Thai Immigration.

I had mailed my 90-day report at the end of April to (the still closed) CW Immigration. The return receipt came in my self-addressed, stamped envelope with the return address hand-written in by Thai Immigration saying it had been returned by Immigration Division 1, Ladprao 81-83.

So, from my mailing to CW by EMS to my receiving the return receipt, took just a bit under a month. And the receipt arrived back to me roughly two weeks after what had been my mid-May reporting date.

All in all, not much different from what anyone would have expected had it been a normal direct mailing to and from CW. And of note, all this occurred during the period leading up to and including the coup.

Hopefully by next time, CW will be back open and in normal condition.