What Thai Bank or Credit Cards give you free Lounge Access?

stament

Citibank Diners Club provides access to many lounges around the world. You can check their website for a complete list of lounges. I used to have it, but I got rid of it because I have lounge access through Star Alliance. Only problem with Diners Club is that it's not as popular as Visa, M/C, & Amex.

Better to get a Priority Pass card and use it pretty much wherever and whenever. That gives you a choice of 6 lounges international side at Suvarnabhumi. But that all depends on how often the OP flies. If most flights are domestic, there's nothing.

Better to get a Priority Pass card and use it pretty much wherever and whenever....

If you are a frequent traveler...

http://www.prioritypass.com

Priority Pass is the world’s largest independent airport lounge access program..

Membership offers great value for money and allows you to use any of 600 airport lounges whenever you travel.

Peace and quiet

Airports are stressful places. The best way to reduce that stress is to slip into an executive lounge while you wait for your flight. The benefits of Priority Pass membership allow you to do that whenever you travel, regardless of which class or which airline you fly.

Lounges throughout the world

With an extensive range of business lounges in over 100 countries and more than 300 cities, Priority Pass is the world's largest independent airport lounge program. Use the Find your Lounge box on this page to find Priority Pass lounges in the airports you use.

All at a low price

Annual membership offers excellent value, as recommended by travel insiders throughout the world. We offer three membership plans to ensure that you can match your membership exactly to your needs...

http://www.prioritypass.com/Benefits-of-Membership.cfm

Priority Pass. No stress. No panic. Just calm

There is no more stress-free way to travel than via a VIP lounge.

At last, you can escape the chaos of cancellations, flight delays and crowded departure halls.

And enjoy, instead, a quiet sanctuary where you’ll find everything you need – for business or for pleasure.

Space – your most precious commodity

Room to work and space to breathe can be hard to find in a busy schedule.

We realise this. That’s why a VIP lounge has everything you need to relax – even when you’re working.

You can catch up with calls, rehearse your presentation, or – go on – just sit back, put your feet up and read a favorite book.

Little pleasures, it’s true. But important ones, that you too could soon be enjoying.

Benefits of Priority Pass membership:

enjoy access to over 600 VIP lounges in more than 100 countries and 300 cities worldwide

use lounges in the program regardless of the class of travel or airline you’re flying

privileged access to over 70 US Airport VIP Lounges

relaxing ambience – for both you and your guests

complimentary refreshments and snacks

email, internet and conference space

excellent working and leisure facilities

Edited by maxjay

Krungsri Platinum gives you access to THAI Royal Silk Lounge, two times per year

Krungsri Exclusive gives you access THAI First Class Lounge, two times per year.

I have Krungsri exclusive. The only problem is trying to find anyone at the Thai lounges who knows anything about it. They all do the usual "I know nothing" look and then suggest you try another lounge!

Better to get a Priority Pass card and use it pretty much wherever and whenever....

Hi there max.Did you miss the third sentence in my post?

... But that all depends on how often the OP flies.

http://www.prioritypass.com

Priority Pass is the worlds largest independent airport lounge access program..

Membership offers great value for money and allows you to use any of 600 airport lounges whenever you travel.

Peace and quiet

Airports are stressful places. The best way to reduce that stress is to slip into an executive lounge while you wait for your flight. The benefits of Priority Pass membership allow you to do that whenever you travel, regardless of which class or which airline you fly.

Lounges throughout the world

With an extensive range of business lounges in over 100 countries and more than 300 cities, Priority Pass is the world's largest independent airport lounge program. Use the Find your Lounge box on this page to find Priority Pass lounges in the airports you use.

All at a low price

Annual membership offers excellent value, as recommended by travel insiders throughout the world. We offer three membership plans to ensure that you can match your membership exactly to your needs...

http://www.prioritypass.com/Benefits-of-Membership.cfm

Priority Pass. No stress. No panic. Just calm

There is no more stress-free way to travel than via a VIP lounge.

At last, you can escape the chaos of cancellations, flight delays and crowded departure halls.

And enjoy, instead, a quiet sanctuary where youll find everything you need for business or for pleasure.

Space your most precious commodity

Room to work and space to breathe can be hard to find in a busy schedule.

We realise this. Thats why a VIP lounge has everything you need to relax even when youre working.

You can catch up with calls, rehearse your presentation, or go on just sit back, put your feet up and read a favorite book.

Little pleasures, its true. But important ones, that you too could soon be enjoying.

Benefits of Priority Pass membership:

enjoy access to over 600 VIP lounges in more than 100 countries and 300 cities worldwide

use lounges in the program regardless of the class of travel or airline youre flying

privileged access to over 70 US Airport VIP Lounges

relaxing ambience for both you and your guests

complimentary refreshments and snacks

email, internet and conference space

excellent working and leisure facilities

The Priority card pass was very expensive compared to my Diners club card.

Priority card was 99 euro in annual fee. And 24 euro for every lounge visit.

My Diners club was 50 euro in annual fee. A few free visits to the lounge. How many depends on how much you have used the card. And then 14 euro for every visit when you have to pay

Edited by larsjohnsson

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a Krungsri "First Choice" card for a couple of months now. I was told to get it by the folks at Krungsri because the application process is quick and hassle free for foreign applicants. It arrived about a week after I applied. It his a 100,000 baht limit. I've only used it once to buy gas for the car to ensure it was working. There are some benefits associated with the card, but it is pretty basic.

I applied for the Krungsri Platinum Visa card at the same time. They told me that it would be difficult to get, and they could not tell me if I stood a chance of getting it or not. The documents required were the same. I should note that the website says a minimum of 100,000 THB income is required as part of the criteria. While I make that amount monthly, I have no way to document it. They weren't concerned with any documentation from a second job or any bank account that didn't have my regular salary being deposited into it. I found that amusing because my account with Krungsri has a much higher balance that the account my salary is paid into. They didn't care about my account with their own institution or anywhere other than the account my salary is deposited into. My regular salary is much less than 100,000.

Nonetheless, my card arrived today! I called to activate it and asked some questions about the benefits. I'm departing for a trip to America to visit family on Friday, so I asked about lounge access. I was told that I was eligible to use it twice in 2014. They couldn't give me any details about what might happen in 2015. I just know that I can go to the lounge with my 1 year old son on Friday morning before the long flight from here to Washington DC (a few minutes short of 24 hours from takeoff to touchdown). It'll be nice to relax before what I call the trip from hell.

In short, I can confirm that Krungsri Platinum Visa gives access to Thai Royal Silk Lounges at Suvarnabhumi two times per year now. I am taking the documentation that came with the card to the airport with me to show them just in case they decide they have never heard of such a thing. This being Thailand, I could certainly see them playing the I don't know card.

When I asked if my wife could join me, they told me that the rules say now, but I should ask nicely and smile when at the airport. They said that wives are rarely forced to pay when a family is involved. We will see what happens on Friday.

Cheers. I will report back.

Anyone actually used the King Power card?

Seems it costs 500 Baht but you get a 500 Baht voucher for use in King Power plus a 30% discount on Duty free plus use of the King Power lounge in Bangkok.

Seems a good deal?

post-58526-13981434793903_thumb.jpgpost-58526-13981435232322_thumb.jpg

Went into Kasikorn yesterday sort out savings for kids etc etc,

Manager comes over,, you need a credit card,

Do I ? With this card you need savings of 2M .

Or open a pro savings plan with insurance at 150.000 per year, for 4 years and get back money in around 10/15 years,

You get free access to lounge at swampy , membership at the gym etc,

Told him I have only one card now has they are evil things in the wrong hands,

Nice fella though,

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone actually used the King Power card?

Seems it costs 500 Baht but you get a 500 Baht voucher for use in King Power plus a 30% discount on Duty free plus use of the King Power lounge in Bangkok.

Seems a good deal?

Took this offer when passing through couple of weeks ago.

Needed to prove Thai residency to qualify (passport Non-O was enough) and sure enough after paying the 500baht got a 500baht voucher back and temporary membership number.... 'plastic card come three months' I was told :)

Called into the lounge, back end of beyond around Gates A when we were flying from E so a long walk.

Here's the catch, membership is tiered and at this entry level all you are going to get is a seat, a coffee and a sickly sweet pastry nothing more, not even the empties cleared from your table or pastries replaced despite being the only people in there and ten staff wandering about posting on Facebook.

Through a separate VIP door you can hear the clink of glasses and ice but you need to have spent $$$$$$ in King Power to get a sniff of alcohol or anything resembling food.

Will spend the voucher and take the discounts but the lounge? its a pass from me.......

Does the low-tier King Power lounge have WiFi, and if so, is it a solid connection at a reasonable speed? That might be enough for me to give it a try. Also, do you recall how long the B500 voucher was good for? Do you have to use it that visit, or can you use it later? I'd prefer to use it on the return trip in a King Power shop just before Customs.

Citibank M card - platinum select card gives you 2 free lounge visits per year at Louis Tavern lounge at BKK (concourse A&F) .. If used more than twice, then will charge 1,000 thb

Only other catch... Can only stay 2 hours... If over 2 hours, then additional cost

Have used it before and lounge is ok... Nothing special but do have wifi and plenty of drinks(both alcoholic and non alcoholic) and some food as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I got my KrungSri platinum credit card the other week, replacing my old gold card.

It would be very interesting to know if this gives me free lounge access at Suvarnabhumi (not interested in King Power).

PS. If smileplur is reading this: you never reported back which you said you would do (in April).

• 3 weeks later...

I have both Kasikorn Wisdom and Amex Platinum which gives you a Priority Pass. You can access lounges at more than 700 locations around the world. There is a steep yearly membership fee for the credit card though, but with Amex you can pay the membership fee off with the points you have. Airport coverage is pretty extensive, so I high recommend it if you are a frequent traveler.

I forgot if it was the Kasikorn or the Amex issued Priority Card, you can even bring in one guest free. Amex supplementary cards will also receive Priority Pass.

Food wise it may not be as good compare to lounges for local airlines, but you get the basic sandwich, snacks, drinks, and wifi.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

access by credit card at Thai Airways lounges

From Thaiairways website:

THAI American Express Platinum Credit Card

Citibank Royal Orchid Plus Preferred Credit Card

Citibank Royal Orchid Plus Select Credit Card

KTC Royal Orchid Plus Credit Cards

source lounge access

Edited by Franz81

• 4 weeks later...