Bad experience at Ford Srinakarin

eladblum

Just got my fiesta today. 1.5 sport

Instead of the normal rubber floor mats that should fit exactly to the space, i got 4 equal squared shape mats.

They said and i quote: "this is how we sell the cae at our dealership."

after i stood in the middle of the showroom (which by the way, every single car in have those lousy square mats) complaining in front of other customrs, they said they'll check it after songkran.

Did anyone came across with something like it?

Passing near the car as i enter the dealership i notice that the plastic cover has already been removed. When i asked, i was told that they've removed it for me this morning.

could it be that they've sold me a cat that was on display?

post-48429-0-17142600-1397288210_thumb.j

Hardly a bad experience.

As long as the car on display was not a demo but a new car what difference does it make?

Did you order "fitted rubber mats" or just "rubber mats". If you ordered rubber mats it looks as though the dealer kept his side of the deal and you are now trying to change the rules.

When you were in the showroom ordering the car didn't you notice that "every single car in there" had those mats, that should have been a clue as to what you would get also, surely?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hardly a bad experience.

Did you order "fitted rubber mats" or just "rubber mats". If you ordered rubber mats it looks as though the dealer kept his side of the deal and you are now trying to change the rules.

When you were in the showroom ordering the car didn't you notice that "every single car in there" had those mats, that should have been a clue as to what you would get also, surely?

Actually we didn't mention mats at all. I thought it was basic stuff. If the salesman had asked me what kind of rubber mats I want, I would have notice this earlier.

I saw those mats in all cars only after I got the car.

I went to another showroom where all the cars had just paper mats in them. Are you suggesting they're selling the cars with paper mats unless the buyers ask specifically for rubber mats or something different????

Have you tried the key in the cat to see if it does anything?

It gargles... 555

Elad,what sort of deal did you get ? As I understand that they are doing very good deals due to the upgraded model coming soon !

the price was 699,000. Paid 25% and the rest over 5 years with 0% interest

also got 1 year insurance

Edited by eladblum

Let me see if I got this right - You didn't mention floor mats when negotiating for the car, and are now complaining that you got some cheap, generic ones for free?

Floor mats (thick fitted rubber ones) were part of the freebies offered when we got our Fiesta a few years back. It was possible to negotiate so we substituted a few items on the list but took the floor mats. I even managed a set of Ford coffee cups and glasses and some caps and t-shirts (not as easy to get as you might expect) to seal the deal, seeing how no Ford dealer at the time was throwing in free insurance. The mats pictured look like the standard mats but if you don't ask about the nicer ones then I agree with IMHO, it's not the dealers fault if they only supply the car with the free basic standard mats...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/438372-new-fiesta-sport-16/#entry4223308

Edited by kkerry

Try and get a cat that wont cost you too much for repairs and keep breaking down.whistling.gif

Really, you and Ace of Pop should get a room. You can spend the evening talking about the teen girl that broke your heart in the backseat of the 57 Fairlane, or whatever horrible tragic event caused you guys to hate one car brand so much. tongue.png

Maybe seek therapy?

No it was the 86 fairlane that almost broke the bank "Smart ass", up until that time I always bought fords.............Never again!

Try and get a cat that wont cost you too much for repairs and keep breaking down.whistling.gif

Really, you and Ace of Pop should get a room. You can spend the evening talking about the teen girl that broke your heart in the backseat of the 57 Fairlane, or whatever horrible tragic event caused you guys to hate one car brand so much. tongue.png

Maybe seek therapy?

No it was the 86 fairlane that almost broke the bank "Smart ass", up until that time I always bought fords.............Never again!

Just to improve your knowledge a little. The 1957 was a Customline NOT a Fairlane,

Maybe seek therapy?

Just to improve your knowledge a little. The 1957 was a Customline NOT a Fairlane,

In America the customline ceased production in 1956.

In America the customline ceased production in 1956.

Yup, I oughtta know. My dad had one, and later I restored it and kept it for some years. Beautiful wings & retractable top.

I certainly don't dislike Fords, im sure everyone at sometime has enjoyed their products. Its the Thai Range and Shitty attitude here i dislike.coffee1.gif

Thanks for clearing that up. As a fellow car guy, most of us are agnostic and will admire any brand or model that turns us on. The Thai range is has been mostly uninspired but now changing, but keep in mind that Thailand is a dinky unimportant domestic market in the big world of Ford. They have bigger fish to fry. The shitty attitude and service, yeah, we've all read Spoonman's horrors, and I think they are trying to fix that in their dealers & perhaps Thai HQ, but not sure if that is country-wide or not but who knows?

Edited by keemapoot

I bought a Focus Titanium 2.0 from Ford Srinakarin a year ago. I got proper fitted Ford carpet mats plus the square rubber ones without asking. As far as I'm concerned the rubber ones protect the carpet ones. Great car, great service. Sure, Ford are trying to penetrate the Thai market, but compared to the bog standard, low spec dross Honda & Toyota offer there is no competition, in my view.

• Like 1