New Fiesta Sport 1.6

phupaman

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Neighbour has one 4 door saloon sport with powershift, tells me he is vey happy with it and excellent fuel economy.

I test drove the hatchback sport and was very impressed with the 6 speed powershifts seamless changes,

Dealer in Jomtien (Pattaya) not interested in discounts, apart from tints on windows. I noted that the 4 door saloon has leather and climate standard , both extras in 5 door hatch, great little car in my opinion

I haven't bought one but looked at one the other day and while not being an American car fan and more specifically a Ford fan, this car impressed the hell out of me. It's numbers are equal to or better then most equivalent Japs cars in class and the build quality felt and looked even better to me, sound and well finished with nice, simplistic and a purposeful interior ergonomic lay out and even a phone feature :blink: ?

The exterior styling is also eye catching and can be easily modded up with a bit of imagination and minor cost to portray an attitude and for it's class it has one too so not just a facade. Finally the price even for a maxed out model was very competitive and even on the low side considering overall package offerings. I see no reason not to give it top consideration, I would-am but for another purpose..

Edited by WarpSpeed

phupaman- if you are in bangkok and are keen to get a fiesta, let me know. I want to get one and am scouting around for deals too. Maybe 2 cars will have better bargaining power.

currently the best deals i get is pretty bad. Standard window tint, anti rust etc. or 5k off. If you want the freebies then no 5k off.

i can't find someone who will give me free 1st yr insurance which is a key stumbling block for me on why i haven't purchase one yet!

Let me know if u are keen.

Ethan.

I pick up our new fiesta this week, well promised?. We got film. mats , weather shield, boot liner,and 5,000 bt discount , no insurance I think we got a couple of other things but I did not make the deal, wife done it all in Thai all I have to do is pay for it.

phupaman.

• 2 weeks later...

phupaman, was your discount from a Bangkok dealer?

Sounds as if the freebies might be fairly consistent. Took a 1.6 Trend hatch for a good run today. Just asking on what was on offer and 10 things offered. Film, some sort of paint protection, anti-rust, floor mats, boot liner, number plate cover, scuff guards on the doors, some sort of weather sill on the doors, car cover and a 500 baht petrol voucher. No mention of any further discount but dealership was busy and we weren't pushing very hard. Asked about free insurance but politely rejected as just not possible.

I thought it wasn't bad for a budget small car. It was raining heavily during our test drive but handled the conditions well. We get to drive a few different cars but now really only need something for short local trips plus the occasional trip out of Bangkok so will decide between the Fiesta and the Honda City. I quite like the City but my wife who has driven a City plenty of times said she would prefer the Fiesta, more fun to drive. A bit more engine noise I thought but a sedan might be quieter. Fuel economy on the Ford is much better. We will probably end up with the Ford for the simple reason that when we looked at the City in a dealership owned by the same company as the Ford dealer we were told we needed to order within a week just to get delivery in two months time. The Fiesta was available immediately, good range of colors and models.

phupaman, was your discount from a Bangkok dealer?

Sounds as if the freebies might be fairly consistent. Took a 1.6 Trend hatch for a good run today. Just asking on what was on offer and 10 things offered. Film, some sort of paint protection, anti-rust, floor mats, boot liner, number plate cover, scuff guards on the doors, some sort of weather sill on the doors, car cover and a 500 baht petrol voucher. No mention of any further discount but dealership was busy and we weren't pushing very hard. Asked about free insurance but politely rejected as just not possible.

I thought it wasn't bad for a budget small car. It was raining heavily during our test drive but handled the conditions well. We get to drive a few different cars but now really only need something for short local trips plus the occasional trip out of Bangkok so will decide between the Fiesta and the Honda City. I quite like the City but my wife who has driven a City plenty of times said she would prefer the Fiesta, more fun to drive. A bit more engine noise I thought but a sedan might be quieter. Fuel economy on the Ford is much better. We will probably end up with the Ford for the simple reason that when we looked at the City in a dealership owned by the same company as the Ford dealer we were told we needed to order within a week just to get delivery in two months time. The Fiesta was available immediately, good range of colors and models.

Hi Kerry

We bought our Fiesta in Khonkaen, We got everything you got plus 5,000bt discount.

The sales manager is a lady and everything she promised us was true ,I am a bit wary of car sales people as most of them I have met do not know how to speak the truth, But we give top marks to the sales team in Khonkaen,First class service.

phupaman

aha, looks like a little more negotiation is required then although not getting a discount wouldn't be a deal breaker rolleyes.gif

The salesman we spoke to was okay as well, not pushy and answered questions directly.

Just talking with my wife before and she was saying how it felt safer on the road than when we had a Civic about 10 years ago but small cars today have larger wheels than back then so that partly explains it.

If someone is interested we have the New Fiesta 1.6 liter in stock as a rental car. I choice it, because it comes for 644'k with 2 air bags, ABS, ipot input, alloy wheels, driver seat high adjustable, intermitted intervall wipers, double clutch automatic transmission und much more. etc. Fiesta has much more options than a vios E for the same price. I guess the technology is the same as Mazda 2. One more thing: Fiesta will not really be a target for theft.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stinger! Long time!! Good to see you back, there was concerns of your demise??

No, no, just was very busy at the moment, Was in the US, as well

The U.S. too? lucky bugger :( ...

Yes, i can't stay here for the whole year. Need to drive sometime a real car for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Special edition white with body kit white dials and striking blue interior launched at BKK motorshow, based on 5 door sport with powershift auto, only 300 available to order 709,000 baht, also free insurance for fiesta now advertised by ford website.

New Colour also added to fiesta lineup phantom puple

Edited by br12stol

We bought a 5 door S.

Got 1st year insurance and tint, maybe one other thing, not a great deal, but had choice of color and could take delivery right away compared to a three month wait for a Jazz. Way more bang for the buck with the Ford, they are even selling for nearly full price here in the US (unheard of in recent years).

The Jazz has way more room and way better rear seats, but unless you need to haul big stuff all the time the Fiesta has enough room...the rear leg room is tiny, but overall probably ok for Thai people...in the US this is more of a concern.

The Fiesta has had nothing but great reviews here in the states, it really drives, feels and handles like a much bigger/more expensive car. The steering feel is really good, the car looks good and the audio system is pretty cool!

Also, the mileage is hard to beat!

Edited by GAS

• 2 months later...

Greetings Trend Setters

Was out and about last week and saw the Fiesta

limited Edition on display. It looks like the old Ford

Cobra with blue stripes down the middle. Also has

blue colored coded interior. I quite liked it. They're

asking 709 000 Baht.

Anyone else seen one about? Would be interested

in your thoughts?

Regards

Will

The best place for deals is the fiesta club Thailand forum. http://www.fordfiest...sifieds.oea.oe/

These are a couple of the good ones I just scanned through, there's lots so take a look. They have been translated so take it as so.

Premium Promotion.1.

Free insurance with a leather factory with Spec skirts around the car frame to form blanket tag EI genuine rust spray coating of a clear message R2000 Yong well.

Not true offline sales plus accrued interest.

Down 10% repayment period 12-48 period 3.25% 60 3.40% 72 3.80% period.

Down 15% repayment period 12-48 period 2.75% 60 2.85% 72 3.25 period.

Down 20% repayment period 12-48 period 2.40% 60 2.50% 72 2.85% period.

Down 25% over the period 12-48 Interest 2.40 Interest 2.30% 60 2.75% 72 period. %.

! Get any of this way to offline only on 25/6/54 urgent !!!!!

Ford Nara Rangsit happy to service The service provides sales and after sales service.

Month campaign in May 2554.

Interest From 2.30% can choose to receive a premium or discount to your taste.

1. Insurance 1.

2. Tong's skirt around the back.

3. Shawl.

4. Leather.

5. Phil winds around 3m units.

6. Insulator

7. The frame register.

8. Male stairs 4 pcs.

9. Tray bottom.

10. Antenna vibration.

Edited by stefan2519

• 1 month later...

I've got one.

Very happy with the CAR, not so impressed by the DEALERS.

My wife learned from someone else that they were doing a recall because there is something wrong with the internal computers that affect the mpg.

We had to ring them to confirm, they said it was so, asked why we were not contacted the answer was that they were busy. Mine goes in on August 4th, but I dare say that if we had not found out they would not have bothered to contact us :annoyed:

In CM the problem with Ford is that they simply do not have the resources to cope with the amount of Fiestas they are selling. I got mine in April and they had already sold 500, parking is difficult there and the workshop is always packed. You can wait for an hour to see a memeber of staff.

Hopefully this will be resolved when they move to bigger premises and employ more staff.

They were just not geared up for the Fiesta's popularity ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone report on the fiesta's fuel economy when driven around town? - for example the outskirts of BKK - the usual crawl and some higher speed driving...Would it be the same or better than the Jazz?

Hi All.

Prompted by Thai Paulys post about fuel computers in the Fiesta, I just tested mine bought new Feb 9 this year, I put exactly 15 Litre in the tank drove it until back to the same mark result 150k=10 k per litre, that is driving around khonkaen in normal every day traffic but no traffic jams, I think I should be doing better, so back to Ford on monday morning and see what they can do about it.

phupaman

Can anyone report on the fiesta's fuel economy when driven around town? - for example the outskirts of BKK - the usual crawl and some higher speed driving...Would it be the same or better than the Jazz?

Hi All.

Prompted by Thai Paulys post about fuel computers in the Fiesta, I just tested mine bought new Feb 9 this year, I put exactly 15 Litre in the tank drove it until back to the same mark result 150k=10 k per litre, that is driving around khonkaen in normal every day traffic but no traffic jams, I think I should be doing better, so back to Ford on monday morning and see what they can do about it.

phupaman

10 kpl not very good in the world of newer eco cars the same size that get 20kpl and next year some that get 24 kpl

We won't even go into the 320d or 520d BMW that get over 19 kpl

Hi All.

phupaman

The gas needle isn't accurate enough for this purpose I'm afraid - in order to more accurately determine fuel economy, fill the tank to the first 'click' of the bowser, reset the trip meter, do some driving, then come back to the exact same bowser, and fill the to first 'click' again. Then use the Litres readout on the bowser and the trip meter value to determine KM/L...

If you're still only getting 10KM/L then, it's time to start adjusting your driving habits, because the car is capable of 16KM/L :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Hi All.

phupaman

The gas needle isn't accurate enough for this purpose I'm afraid - in order to more accurately determine fuel economy, fill the tank to the first 'click' of the bowser, reset the trip meter, do some driving, then come back to the exact same bowser, and fill the to first 'click' again. Then use the Litres readout on the bowser and the trip meter value to determine KM/L...

If you're still only getting 10KM/L then, it's time to start adjusting your driving habits, because the car is capable of 16KM/L :)

Just back from the shopping centre where they had a fiesta on display - sales lady said it will get about 13 km/l around town - this is in Nonthaburi, and 15-16 km/l on the highway.

The 719K limited edition blue version is cool, but 20K more than the top model - that just for stripes and skirt kit. Could I get these cheaper as aftermarket items? Could just buy the top model and stick them on!

Hi All.

phupaman

So did you get your fiesta checked? What was the outcome?

Hi All.

phupaman

So did you get your fiesta checked? What was the outcome?

Hi All

Took the Fiesta back to ford on Monday morning, they tried to say that 10KPL was normal ,so pointed out that is not what they claim when selling the car, also pointed out that my wife's Corrola 2.0 V burns less than fiesta.

So they keep the car for 4 hours and when i picked it up they had it connected to a laptop, Iwent straight to a garage and topped up the tank right to the top , so now I will use about half a tank, fill

it right up again and do the math on the KPL. phupaman.