Healthy Euro/Rotisserie Chicken Coming To Chiang Mai Soon

mr chow

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai Geezers might give the OP a break ... not all chooks are raised nor cooked the same and frankly I prefer DIY at home in preference to hit or miss take-outs.

KFC often has too much MSG and amount varies so much I will not eat. Betagro chook products, direct or from Tesco, are better than CP if you get fresh product. Fresh can be hit and miss in Supermarkets as the UseByDate is often changed ... overnight sad.png Daily.

So, IF Mr Chow emulates Daves Dukes, and goes for high quality bbq chooks, moist, tender and running with succulent juices ... let him give it a go ... southside please Mr Chow. smile.png

Note: In Sydney [Aus] my favourite chook requires a bank loan to fund takeaways > http://www.chargrillcharlies.com.au/the-chargrill/

How much for a charles chook ?

I have just cleaned out quite a large number of off topic trolls. If this keeps up then this topic will have a very short life.

Given the OP got upset with everyone, asked for the thread to be closed and promptly waddled off, I don't think this thread has any continued purpose other than laughs and giggles.

Neither do I think anyone will ever taste the OP's chicken.

• Like 1

Thai Geezers might give the OP a break ... not all chooks are raised nor cooked the same and frankly I prefer DIY at home in preference to hit or miss take-outs.

KFC often has too much MSG and amount varies so much I will not eat. Betagro chook products, direct or from Tesco, are better than CP if you get fresh product. Fresh can be hit and miss in Supermarkets as the UseByDate is often changed ... overnight sad.png Daily.

So, IF Mr Chow emulates Daves Dukes, and goes for high quality bbq chooks, moist, tender and running with succulent juices ... let him give it a go ... southside please Mr Chow. smile.png

Note: In Sydney [Aus] my favourite chook requires a bank loan to fund takeaways > http://www.chargrillcharlies.com.au/the-chargrill/

How much for a charles chook ?

Around 600Bt for the chook alone. But you'd happily walk across hot charcoals to buy one .... they are the best!

no TROLL here! I actually had to look that term up because I'm not a 'professional ' on the chat room website circuit. We'll.....whoever said you won't be tasting my chicken is correct. I have opened, operated and sold very successful operations in chiang mai. I'm in the states and I'll be returning soon after a 1 1/2 yr. sabbatical. I was thinking of the chicken thing as something I might do upon my return. So I thought I would do a little market research and float the idea by you guys. But, that's before I was rudely reminded how CHEAP most ( I said most) expats Really are. And, how most would settle for the mediocre thai chicken. I did learn one thing from the posting. Forget marketing to expats. Most should heed this advice. Do the math. Expats make up less than 2% of the population in Thailand and chiang mai. I'm going for the 98%! I have an excellent new product that I KNOW the Thais will embrace(and I'm sure copy). No research necessary. But by that time I will have the BRAND. thanks for the feedback and saving me a lot of time, effort and money.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If this is who I think it is - think Chiang Mai's most famous burger outlet, roast beef sandwiches place and CM's best Mexican restaurant - you have been promising me that you were coming back to open a real New York pizza restaurant which is something that we desperately need. Think NY pizza slices!

real+pizza.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

If this is who I think it is - think Chiang Mai's most famous burger outlet, roast beef sandwiches place and CM's best Mexican restaurant - you have been promising me that you were coming back to open a real New York pizza restaurant which is something that we desperately need. Think NY pizza slices!

real+pizza.jpg

Pizza n' Pasta already produces an authentic tasting NY pizza in Chiang Mai. But don't bother with their pasta.

no TROLL here! I actually had to look that term up because I'm not a 'professional ' on the chat room website circuit. We'll.....whoever said you won't be tasting my chicken is correct. I have opened, operated and sold very successful operations in chiang mai. I'm in the states and I'll be returning soon after a 1 1/2 yr. sabbatical. I was thinking of the chicken thing as something I might do upon my return. So I thought I would do a little market research and float the idea by you guys. But, that's before I was rudely reminded how CHEAP most ( I said most) expats Really are. And, how most would settle for the mediocre thai chicken. I did learn one thing from the posting. Forget marketing to expats. Most should heed this advice. Do the math. Expats make up less than 2% of the population in Thailand and chiang mai. I'm going for the 98%! I have an excellent new product that I KNOW the Thais will embrace(and I'm sure copy). No research necessary. But by that time I will have the BRAND. thanks for the feedback and saving me a lot of time, effort and money.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So you have little regard for the responses of the 2%.

Which chat forum did you post the same thread to market research your preferred 98%

I would like to read something more encouraging.

Pizza n' Pasta already produces an authentic tasting NY pizza in Chiang Mai. But don't bother with their pasta.

There was a lot of hype about them years ago, when they first opened. My friend and I visited and he thought it was terrible and I thought it was a typical mediocre Thailand pizza. A lot of other people said the same thing, at that time, on this forum, but it is possible that they were going through a rough patch as people did seem to like it in the very beginning.

Edited by Ulysses G.

There was a lot of hype about them years ago, when they first opened. My friend and I visited and he thought it was terrible and I thought it was a typical mediocre Thailand pizza. A lot of other people said the same thing, at that time, on this forum, but it is possible that they were going through a rough patch as people did seem to like it in the very beginning.

I first tried them several years ago too and I more or less agree with that evaluation although I thought the crust was good. Problem was that the sauce was kind of sweet and oriented towards thai taste. Tried it again about a year or so ago and I thought it was terrific. That's because now there are 3 kind of sauces you can choose from - one being NY style and it tastes like the real thing. Crust is great, toppings too. My family prefers the thick, focaccia style of crust (chicago?) which we called Sicilian back where I came from back when. I like it just as much as the New York style crust. But I would keep away from the pasta.

Mr Chow-
These TV/CM gurls can be pretty rough. Don't be discouraged. Sounds like a nice idea to me.

This is a decades old brine-injected, stove-top-oven-chicken-Sunday-dinner for those counting their baht coins. Atop a terra cotta charcoal brazier is even better than gas.
PICS ATTACHED

post-128023-0-45083400-1398251962_thumb.

post-128023-0-29870200-1398251974_thumb.

post-128023-0-36706000-1398252008_thumb.