April 13, 201412 yr I am a 59 year old planning to retire to Phuket in the next 3 months. I have a business in Singapore, but am no longer working in it, having handed back my Employment Pass several years ago. I have bought an apartment in Patong, and am now planning to move my possessions there. I understand that my route to a 'Retirement Visa' is to get an 'O' visa in Singapore, then apply for an 'A' visa with multiple entry when in Thailand. My questions are: Can the 'O' visa be issued as 'Multiple entry' in Singapore (as I need to come back to Singapore quite a lot before settling down)? The stated requirements are "Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted" which means to have a PR or similar status in Singapore for issuance of the 'O' visa. Would proof of my directorship of a Singapore company be sufficient? Another requirement is "Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from the country of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid for no more than 3 months)." I have no criminal record and objection to trying to obtain this, but is it really deemed necessary? I have put THB 800,000 on deposit in a Thai bank on 12 March. Does it need to be on deposit for 90 days before the Thai Embassy would issue me an 'O' visa? Lastly, how easy is it to then obtain the 'A' visa when I am in Thailand? Many thanks!
April 13, 201412 yr I am not sure you can even get a single entry non-o in Singapore. The requirements you are reading are for a OA visa which you do not qualify for because you not a resident of Singapore. . They don't show a non-o for being 50 or over for retirement on their website. http://www.thaiembassy.sg/consular-visa-matters/visa-requirements Your best option may be to do a conversion to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Phuket you could do this with a 30 day visa exempt entry. You will need the 800k baht in a Thai bank to apply for it, You could get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry if you need to travel. Then after 60 days you could apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement. The 800K would need to be in the bank for 60 days when you apply. After you get the extension you can apply for a single (1000 baht) or multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit.
April 14, 201412 yr Yes you can get a 1 year multiple entry 'O' visa from the Thai Embassy in Singapore. As for the bank deposit, it is to be in the bank for 3 months prior to application and they will require to see the bank book so they can verify the duration
April 14, 201412 yr Yes you can get a 1 year multiple entry 'O' visa from the Thai Embassy in Singapore. As for the bank deposit, it is to be in the bank for 3 months prior to application and they will require to see the bank book so they can verify the duration Can you confirm you have gotten one yourself recently. Why get a multiple entry if you have the money in the bank to get an extension of stay. For the first extension of stay the money only has to be in the bank for 60 days..
Create an account or sign in to comment