Anyone wanna go on a road trip?

wprime

So it is a boys trip , do old grumpy men count with their wives

Well when we're partying up there you'll probably be wishing you left her at home.

What if you don't like me ?

That's ok, these trips always leave me in a good mood so I can put up with anything. There's something intoxicating about the attention we get up there.

So it is a boys trip , do old grumpy men count with their wives

OP had the shocks tested recently?

Everything's getting tested at the moment. It's in pretty good mechanical condition considering it has more mileage than an average Pattaya bargirl. Cosmetic condition leaves something to be desired though.

About 8 years ago I posted on one of the forums, could well have been here, (I think it was) did anyone fancy a road trip to Chiang Mai?

This guy called Byard (always remember his name) contacted me. A non smoking retired mining engineer IIRC.

We met up for a drink in Bangkok, got on fine. Rented a 4x4 pick up from Q Cars and fired off up North. Diesel was 23 bht a ltr.

We had a great trip with no problems at all. Bkk - Phitsanulok (overnight stop) - Chiang Mai (up Doi Suthep) - Kanchanaburi (a good day's drive) and back to Bangers.

The idea is recommended. OP just watch for the chain smokers if you don't smoke and them that want to stop for a beer every hour.

roadies allowed ?

I'm guessing you mean drinks on the ride? Sure why not? I have an eski in the back too.

About 8 years ago I posted on one of the forums, could well have been here, (I think it was) did anyone fancy a road trip to Chiang Mai?

This guy called Byard (always remember his name) contacted me. A non smoking retired mining engineer IIRC.

We met up for a drink in Bangkok, got on fine. Rented a 4x4 pick up from Q Cars and fired off up North. Diesel was 23 bht a ltr.

We had a great trip with no problems at all. Bkk - Phitsanulok (overnight stop) - Chiang Mai (up Doi Suthep) - Kanchanaburi (a good day's drive) and back to Bangers.

The idea is recommended. OP just watch for the chain smokers if you don't smoke and them that want to stop for a beer every hour.

I see your point about smokers, I don't want anyone smoking in my car. I had an American friend who was a smoker though that came on a few roadtrips. Never asked us to pull over for a smoke but we usually stop quite a bit anyway.

well im having a seperate road trip to the korat Plato this weekend but next week would be great as I have a somewhat aged german car that need some miles burned!

ah 2nd of may dep. and for how long?

mahasarakham & np sounds great perhaps we could include sakon nakon & makdahan for some extra eastern flavour ;)

We're probably only going to be away for about 4-5 days so I don't wanna spread everything out too thin.If Nakhon Pathom ends up being boring we can easily head over to Mukdahan, have you ever been there before?

yeah I was just passing through mukdahan and hanging out a bit at the riverside getting a feeling the small town had a pretty cool feel to it compared to the other provincial towns in the area. but I agree that we need to focus a bit else we will end up with no insights and less fun!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app