Poll: How much would you pay to make Songkran go away?!? (Fantasy)

Jingthing

Songkran Fantasy Poll!  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people say buy a car???? You still have to come out of it when you get to where you are going to, so bang goes your protection. I have a car and I have still confined myself to the house. Also, what about those moronic parents who fill a barrel with water, give their children buckets to throw water at passing cars and motorbikes?

If you can't accept any Thai custom or it's culture, why are you even here? For that matter any other place in the world? Let's not feed the trolls.

You, and those TV members who gave you likes obviously did not read JL Crabs post yesterday.

I love Songkran and had massive fun experiencing so much joy and getting exceptionally wet on a very hot day!

This is unquestionably the most fun I have here and I have tons of fun everyday.

I have a better idea:

How many baht to make people like you who are unwilling to graciously accept other peoples cultural experiences go away...I will offer 100 Baht for starters!

Just move to Ukraine or somewhere!

Read my post #26.

If you can't accept any Thai custom or it's culture, why are you even here? For that matter any other place in the world? Let's not feed the trolls.

The first few years I was here I loved to get into the mix and enjoy the festivities. the year I was knocked from my scooter at 10pm at night by a bucket full of iced water was the moment I decided I would never partake in the activities again.

How about you have a poll Jing and ask Afgani's would they rather the Americans and British bomb them or leave them alone...

At the end of the day Songkran is about Thai culture and not for us to demand or decide how it should be, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen......Time to get a food thread going Jingy....rolleyes.gif,

Edit,,,,

Move this thread/topic to pub, it's all it's worth IMO...l

Read post #36.

I love Songkran and had massive fun experiencing so much joy and getting exceptionally wet on a very hot day!

This is unquestionably the most fun I have here and I have tons of fun everyday.

I have a better idea:

How many baht to make people like you who are unwilling to graciously accept other peoples cultural experiences go away...I will offer 100 Baht for starters!

Read my post #36

I have a better idea:

Read my post #36.

Agree...I have been several times now in the thick of it. To see the thousands of happy smiling faces, especialy of the children is a delight I have rarely seen in the west. If you don't like it stay at home and watch ancient aliens or some other mind numbing nonsense. How can any guest in this country have the front to complain about one of their hosts happiest time of the year.

How can we have the front to complain?

Because for those of us on motorcycles, it has become downright dangerous. We're not whinging about being wet, I kind of enjoy it on a hot day. But

being hit with a 10 litre pail of ice water, cubes and all at 50kph can have serious side effects.

For those of us who live here, 8 days is too much when 2 days would be a lot of fun.

Enjoy your holiday in Thailand

• Like 2

Spent many Ramadans in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. Then I had the misfortune of experiencing Songkran in Thailand. At least in Saudi you were never physically assaulted, as a non Muslim, you had choices and certainly did not have worry about the yobbish element. Here in Thailand you have no choices. I respect the meaning of Songkran, I do not respect the Farang yob element and therefore I have a right to whine.

• Like 1

My decision for being here does not revolve around ONE daft event rolleyes.gif .

Oh, don't live in the UK, they let off fireworks on November 5th.............coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Shouldn't the question be: "How much would you pay dullard, uncreative idiots to realize that using rudimentary Internet-based technology to conduct online polls—with only a modicum of "humor" and insight—is pathetic, and to keep their idiocy to themselves?" (FANTASY)

After 2 years of Songkran, I was happy to mostly stay indoors this year, but was so pleased to see people who are usually frowning behind checkout counters having such a good, unbridled time with their friends. I especially loved the solo dancing routines that occurred spontaneously—people in the West who say "dance like nobody's watching" have no idea!!

I hope to see less of you on this forum in the future. Thanks in advance. smile.png

I'd pay 100,000 baht if jingthing would go away (permanently)...

Would you pay that to me personally?

In the meantime, here's a free tip for you.

You do realize you can put specific users on IGNORE, don't you?

Then you don't see their posts anymore and apparently that you fulfill a fantasy of yours.

It's really easy to do. I'm sure you can manage it.

Then I can go away ... for you.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I'd pay 100,000 baht if jingthing would go away (permanently)...

Would you pay that to me personally?

In the meantime, here's a free tip for you.

You do realize you can put specific users on IGNORE, don't you?

Then you don't see their posts anymore and apparently that you fulfill a fantasy of yours.

It's really easy to do. I'm sure you can manage it.

Then I can go away ... for you.

Cheers.

Yes, but then fucktards like you would slip further into your delusion that you are enlightened and astute. There is no way we are letting that happen.

I'll ask one more time. Probably won't work, but here's try.

Moderati: Can this thread by MOVED to the Pattaya forum?

SONGKRAN Pattaya still has FOUR MORE DAYS to go.

This topic isn't really relevant to most other parts of Thailand due to the ridiculously long LENGTH of Pattaya Songkran.

Thank you for your consideration. wai2.gif

I hope to see less of you on this forum in the future. Thanks in advance. smile.png

See above post. Your fantasy fulfilled. Don't whine. Just do!

"Don't whine. Just do!" - how long did it take you to concoct this piece of brilliance? Why not send it to Hallmark, or a London advertising agency?

I hadn't thought of that. However, I like my odds over you in competing for a writing position of most any kind ...

In many ways modern (Pattaya) Songkran has become a license to violently assault and even kill people all day and well into the night, all over town, for EIGHT bloody days ...

What's not to love? bah.gif

Yes throwing a large bucket of dirty cold water on a well dressed person at 9 P.M. (and then laughing hysterically) is violent assault. Try to put lipstick on that pig all you want, doesn't change what it is.

Edited by Jingthing

I'll ask one more time. Probably won't work, but here's try.

Moderati: Can this thread by MOVED to the Pattaya forum?

SONGKRAN Pattaya still has FOUR MORE DAYS to go.

This topic isn't really relevant to most other parts of Thailand due to the ridiculously long LENGTH of Pattaya Songkran.

Thank you for your consideration. wai2.gif

Pattaya has 3 more days. The finale is the 19th.

Edited by Spoonman