Old Age Non O

No chance at all unless you can show 65k baht income or 800k baht in the bank and get an extension of stay at immigration.

The only place you can get a multiple entry non-o on that basis is the UK at one of the consulates.

No chance at all unless you can show 65k baht income or 800k baht in the bank and get an extension of stay at immigration.

The only place you can get a multiple entry non-o on that basis is the UK at one of the consulates.

That is the problem, insufficient funds and pension not high enough. Back to the UK or an increase in the rate of exchange.

That is the problem, insufficient funds and pension not high enough. Back to the UK or an increase in the rate of exchange.

There is the option of combining income and money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht.

For example if you only had an income of 60k baht that would be equal to 720k baht total annual income you would need 80K baht in the bank to reach the 800k baht total.

There is the option of combining income and money in the bank to reach a total of 800k baht.

For example if you only had an income of 60k baht that would be equal to 720k baht total annual income you would need 80K baht in the bank to reach the 800k baht total.

I have seen that option mentioned from time to time, but has anyone actually tried it out.

To be quite honest I cannot see the Thais getting there head around that one.

How do they establish Income? Is it gross or after tax? Who decides value in THB? Does it all have to come to Thailand?

There would be little point in a Non O with an income requirement, might as well do the extension of stay. I already have a multi Non O which expires in July so will probably go back to renew it.

I have seen that option mentioned from time to time, but has anyone actually tried it out.

How do they establish Income? Is it gross or after tax? Who decides value in THB? Does it all have to come to Thailand?

There would be little point in a Non O with an income requirement, might as well do the extension of stay. I already have a multi Non O which expires in July so will probably go back to renew it.

They can.

And it is very simple.

Two factors; income certified by the British Embassy plus a bank deposit that has matured for at least 2 months.

Assuming you are not married you need to show 65k pm income or 800k in the bank. 400k in the bank would then require you to evidence income of 32.5k pm.

Surprisingly "Thais" are VERY capable of getting their heads around a very simple concept !

The "combination method " of securing an extension of stay is used by many.

Any money in the bank is already in Bht , income as certified by the British embassy is stated GROSS in £

The THAI immigration officer will do the simple conversion £ to Bht using the days currant exchange rate.

Many people have done it.

it is gross income which can be from more than one source, There is no requirement for all the money to be bought into the country.

The income proof is done by way of a letter from the embassy.

The exchange rate is calculated by immigration on the date you apply for the extension.

Proof of the money in the bank is done by a letter from the bank, It would be up to you to determine how much money is needed in the bank to cover fluctuations of the exchange rate.

Yes, this has been in the rules for years and is well known by Immigration and plenty of people use it.

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);
(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;
(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than 800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or
(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totalling not less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Savannakhet offered me one based on Monthly income abroad with embassy letter, but I would have had to leave the country every three months, he wanted 5,000 Baht. I got the standard 90 days, 2,000 Baht and later, actually last week on TVF was told that they should not have requested the embassy letter, as Sakhon Nakhon Immigration would not give me an extension last week with a photocopy of the income verification.

I thought there was something fishy about the guy at the Savannakhet Embassy wanting 5,000 Baht for a multiple entry Non O based on retirement. I felt I would be more secure just getting a multiple re-entry permit when I went for my extension.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Savannakhet offered me one based on Monthly income abroad with embassy letter, but I would have had to leave the country every three months, he wanted 5,000 Baht. I got the standard 90 days, 2,000 Baht and later, actually last week on TVF was told that they should not have requested the embassy letter, as Sakhon Nakhon Immigration would not give me an extension last week with a photocopy of the income verification.

I thought there was something fishy about the guy at the Savannakhet Embassy wanting 5,000 Baht for a multiple entry Non O based on retirement. I felt I would be more secure just getting a multiple re-entry permit when I went for my extension.

You were given what was asked for. The income letter supported your application and permitted the multi -entry visa to be issued .

The standard cost for such a visa is 5000 Bht so nothing "fishy"

it is gross income which can be from more than one source, There is no requirement for all the money to be bought into the country.

The exchange rate is calculated by immigration on the date you apply for the extension.

Proof of the money in the bank is done by a letter from the bank, It would be up to you to determine how much money is needed in the bank to cover fluctuations of the exchange rate.

Thanks for that, clears the fog a bit. I have 2 pensions, state is paid gross in Thailand and the other is paid net of all tax in UK. Unfortunately that one cannot be paid abroad, hence the query.

I only have half a page left in my passport so I think it will be a trip back to change passport and pick up another visa. I can then think about an extension.

Thanks for that, clears the fog a bit. I have 2 pensions, state is paid gross in Thailand and the other is paid net of all tax in UK. Unfortunately that one cannot be paid abroad, hence the query.

I only have half a page left in my passport so I think it will be a trip back to change passport and pick up another visa. I can then think about an extension.

I am certain you can obtain the gross amount numbers for the one you say is paid net. Also I think you could probably have it deposited in UK bank and have it transferred here or at least make ATM withdrawals i needed.

You can get an income letter at the embassy. All you will need is proof of your pensions gross amount.

Then put enough money in the bank to make up the difference that is short of 800k baht total plus a few thousand baht as a buffer in case their is a exchange rate change before you get to immigration.

If you are serious about getting the extension you should consider only getting a single entry visa when you go to the UK.